Bob De Quatre

LEGO Sci-Fi 2015 Pictures and Rumors

If TLG keeps The LEGO Movie theme alive, maybe we could see another Benny-themed set before 2017

I think that The Lego Movie is already green-lit for a full trilogy, right? And you can bet that one of the main locations in the later movies will be Classic Space world.

I think that The Lego Movie is already green-lit for a full trilogy, right? And you can bet that one of the main locations in the later movies will be Classic Space world.

Well, I hope so - all possible fingers crossed (even the virtual, astral and LEGO ones :laugh::grin: ) :thumbup:

We never really had a *huge* Classic Space style headquarters... I'd love something like that. :)

^ I would love that.

Probably a longshot, but the last movie had the Sea Cow, so you never know!

Classic castle fans thought the black falcon knights were coming back bc of the joust set but they never did. We thought elves would be introduced following 2007 but it never happened either and count the years.. Maybe 2016?? Wow times flies! Lego simply pays homage to the sets in order to get more parents interested in buying the sets. Parents will buy the set thinking that if they did, their kids will also relive those fabulous times they had with Lego :) Futuron sets.

Edited by legobear

Still waiting for the green futuron minifig...

Too bad that's the only sci-fi thing we'll have in 2015... alongside with Dr. Who... when they find time to release it...

Yep I think its fair to say they have missed the classic space boat from the Lego movie :cry2:.

You know, what really bothers me is just how amazing new Space sets could be with all the new pieces. I picked up some Star Wars Microfighters, and they have like 100 pieces for $10 and are very well designed. I would kill for a $10 Classic Space set with 100 pieces that was as well designed.

Too bad that's the only sci-fi thing we'll have in 2015... alongside with Dr. Who... when they find time to release it...

And the minifigures released for LEGO Dimensions

How have I not heard about that redesigned Futuron figure until now?

I am definitely going to have to get one of them. Probably not the set though, not unless it ends up in a crazy clearance sale somewhere.

I'd like to think the fact it's been redesigned means that there'll be something more as well. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but won't hold my breath.

Quite a few of the Ultra Agents, Ninjago & Chima sets are only slightly removed from what I would call modern era Space ships & vehicles. It's out there, it's just marketed differently.

Quite a few of the Ultra Agents, Ninjago & Chima sets are only slightly removed from what I would call modern era Space ships & vehicles. It's out there, it's just marketed differently.

Actually, if you look at it from the perspective that each theme is taking place on a world* separate from Earth, they are Space themes. Just with focus on the buildings and people of those worlds, instead of the spacecraft.

*When all is considered, Astor City(The city where UA takes place) is almost certainly located on Ninjago, and thus UA is in some ways a sub-theme of Ninjago.

Yeah, well... I guess that stuff really just doesn't appeal to me. Honestly, without that old CS logo I'm not sure I'd be interested in any sci-fi type theme, for that matter. Guess I'm living in the past, lol.

How have I not heard about that redesigned Futuron figure until now?

I am definitely going to have to get one of them. Probably not the set though, not unless it ends up in a crazy clearance sale somewhere.

I'd like to think the fact it's been redesigned means that there'll be something more as well. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but won't hold my breath.

Hmm. Well who knows, I suppose. I wouldn't hold my breath, though. :)

I finally picked up a 493 Space Command Center and can't help but think that something like this would work terrific in the Juniors theme... I believe someone had mentioned that earlier, but anyway, it'd be a great way to reintroduce the Classic Space concept. Plus, even though I know a lot of the "Neo Classic Space" MOCers love the more advanced designs, but I think I'd prefer something that looks more at home with the old sets.

Oh well, wishful thinking either way, I suppose. :)

You know, what really bothers me is just how amazing new Space sets could be with all the new pieces. I picked up some Star Wars Microfighters, and they have like 100 pieces for $10 and are very well designed. I would kill for a $10 Classic Space set with 100 pieces that was as well designed.

Me too for Shure (yea, the microphone, you've guessed it :grin: ) :wink:

Actually, if you look at it from the perspective that each theme is taking place on a world* separate from Earth, they are Space themes. Just with focus on the buildings and people of those worlds, instead of the spacecraft.

This was exactly the thought I had when I decided include RockRiders to my huge complete LEGO Space complex collection I have. :thumbup:

Edited by bublible

*When all is considered, Astor City(The city where UA takes place) is almost certainly located on Ninjago, and thus UA is in some ways a sub-theme of Ninjago.

Well that would explain Invisable and Toxikita showing up as Elemental Masters in the Ninjago TV show. :tongue:

Well that would explain Invisable and Toxikita showing up as Elemental Masters in the Ninjago TV show. :tongue:

Yes.

Some people

would argue that the last season's reveal of "elemental powers only come from your parents" would disprove that Astor City is on Ninjago, since Toxikita and Invisable received their "powers" through Anti-Matter's portals. Until you remember that Zane is a nindroid. He had no parents. Ergo, not all powers come through your blood-line, and the only real argument against Astor City's location is swiftly taken apart.

That set with the Futuron minifig seems to be available now, it's on S@H. For $250 I won't be getting it, and considering the unnecessary noticeable difference from the original prints I think I might sadly skip the minifig too. Maybe one...

Thanks for some good quality pics Bob!

I'm so torn on this... I'm really excited about anything paying tribute to the 'classic' space themes and making me nostalgic for things i grew up with, BUT I can't figure out why the update to the torso was necessary - yes the back printing is nice, and I'm excited to get more Futuron, but this guy doesn't blend in as smoothly with my original collection as the Green CS guys from Pete's ExoSuit did.

TLG must hate people like me.

Fans: "Give us more Neo Space!!" and when they do: "Ugh, why did they change the space guys!!" Anyways, more classic space, woooo!

(fingers crossed this guy signals the kick off a new Neo Futuron Line! :wink: )

^ I think if they had done a new line the change would be ok as an update but just making one fig that doesn't really fit in with the others seems a bit odd.

It's a pointless update. Belt loops? Really? Why? And why the lines down the white part of his torso? It's just weird.

Thanks for some good quality pics Bob!

I'm so torn on this... I'm really excited about anything paying tribute to the 'classic' space themes and making me nostalgic for things i grew up with, BUT I can't figure out why the update to the torso was necessary - yes the back printing is nice, and I'm excited to get more Futuron, but this guy doesn't blend in as smoothly with my original collection as the Green CS guys from Pete's ExoSuit did.

TLG must hate people like me.

Fans: "Give us more Neo Space!!" and when they do: "Ugh, why did they change the space guys!!" Anyways, more classic space, woooo!

(fingers crossed this guy signals the kick off a new Neo Futuron Line! :wink: )

I like it personally. I mean I would have liked a straight copy of the originals in green a little more.

Of course if they produce it in a few more colours then awesome. I'll have all of them.