Sign in to follow this  
mpoh98

Book II Challenge III Cat B. - Unobserved Infiltration

My entry into the Guilds of Historica Book II Challenge III Category B - Deceiving Elves

For the Dwarves!

16075093589_0458690732.jpg

The elves worked diligently and efficiently to help stop a dwarven invasion on Avalonia and the Drow, to prevent war and promote peace. They sent out scouts on their newly tamed wargs and built towers to detect any sign of dwarves, and to stop them. Unfortunately, despite their efforts, it all came to nothing.

16260399452_f822d39fcb.jpg

The dwarves secretly mined underneath their very nose, and gained entry into Avalonia, ready to take war on the Drow..."

Overview:

16073861390_5143879e73.jpg

Phew! I can't believe I finished it in time! Thanks to the extension of the deadline and a canceled family gathering, I had enough time to finish my second entry into the GoH Challenge. Once again I experimented in one of Grant Davis's techniques that he created in his creation "Undermining." (If you have not checked out Grant's creation yet, what are you waiting for!? Go give it a look! ;) ) Tons of fun to build, making all the little sections of rock pieces fit together was so much fun (although very delicate)!

The details on the top were also fun to add, I finally got to use my wargs! :D Even though wars in LOTR are evil, I always though they were kinda cool, so if you could tame them...they could be quite lethal and well worth the effort. ;)

All in all, a decent build, there are a few more things I would have liked to try if I had more time, but deadlines are deadlines. ;)

Thanks for viewing, and enjoy!

Soli Deo Gloria!

~Matthew~

Edited by mpoh98

Elves riding wargs seems odd, but this has got to be one of the best underground scenes I've seen so far!

I agree! The rock layer the dwarves are mining trough, is also a very interesting building technique, i love it!

The technique you used for the underground rock is fantastic. I also like how you depicted the elves building a watchtower

Great build, mpoh, I really like that underground technique! The layering looks very good as well - glad you got it in on time! :wink:

Tamed Wargs? Ok

Nice build. Also geologically.

Let us see what Kabel will say.

Hey, there is always a first. I felt I needed something unique, and tamed wargs in GoH is possible, with all their weird mounts. :) Also, these could be more warrior like elves (like Mirkwood elves in the Hobbit), who are constantly looking for ways to increase their armies and make them better. This might be one way :)

Elves riding wargs seems odd, but this has got to be one of the best underground scenes I've seen so far!

Yes, that is why I did it. I have not seen anyone put wargs with elves, they just don't seem to go together. However, in GoH, you have weird mounts. So the elves have found a way to tame wargs, and breed them into being mounts for them. Just my own unique idea. :) And glad you like it!

I agree! The rock layer the dwarves are mining trough, is also a very interesting building technique, i love it!

Thanks, glad you like it!

The technique you used for the underground rock is fantastic. I also like how you depicted the elves building a watchtower

Thank you LordDan :)

Lovely underground mate :) Great entry..!

Thanks Gunman! :D

Great build, mpoh, I really like that underground technique! The layering looks very good as well - glad you got it in on time! :wink:

Thank you Garmadon, I am as well! :D

Nice build, mpoh!

I agree with others that the underground rock technique is fantastic! The story and build are both great!

I like that rock technique. Very nice.

Thanks ZCerberus! :)

Excellent work! Nice job with the dwarves underground. :classic:

Thank you Jakorin :) Glad you like it!

Nice build, mpoh!

I agree with others that the underground rock technique is fantastic! The story and build are both great!

Thanks Slegengr!

Very nice build! Poor elves, not much you can do to stop the mining...

Thanks Andrew! Haha yeah, you can't do anything if you don't even know they are there!

Nice build !

I really love te underground of this creation !

Thanks Brick Man Studios! :)

Hey, there is always a first. I felt I needed something unique, and tamed wargs in GoH is possible, with all their weird mounts. :) Also, these could be more warrior like elves (like Mirkwood elves in the Hobbit), who are constantly looking for ways to increase their armies and make them better. This might be one way :)

I said "ok", didn't I? :wink:

Let's have tamed wargs.

Gives me a chance to have ostriches in a MOC...

I like the tamed wargs. I'm all for thinking outside the box when it comes to tropes about fantasy and fantasy races. Good thing there's a lot of that in GoH!

This build is a great tribute to Undermining. I can't imagine how you guys do those underground rocks though. I'd love to see a tutorial on that.

Very nice build and the rocks and tunnel look beautiful! :thumbup:

Also, I do think the tamed Wargs are a pretty cool touch since almost everything can be domesticated so why not them? I mean if Orcs can do it why not Elves? :sweet:

I said "ok", didn't I? :wink:

Let's have tamed wargs.

Gives me a chance to have ostriches in a MOC...

Ah gotcha. :)

I like the tamed wargs. I'm all for thinking outside the box when it comes to tropes about fantasy and fantasy races. Good thing there's a lot of that in GoH!

This build is a great tribute to Undermining. I can't imagine how you guys do those underground rocks though. I'd love to see a tutorial on that.

Haha thanks! :) They are actually not super hard, tons of fun though. There is no set way to do it, just build the bottom layer that are actually connected, lean the creation back slightly, and let the fun begin!

Very nice build and the rocks and tunnel look beautiful! :thumbup:

Also, I do think the tamed Wargs are a pretty cool touch since almost everything can be domesticated so why not them? I mean if Orcs can do it why not Elves? :sweet:

Thanks! :) Glad you like it! I agree! :D

The rock technique you used is really good, good job blending it with the brown and then green as well! :thumbup:

Nice build here. I really like the underground rocks, and when I saw the elves with War GS...all I said was "Yes!". I think it's perfect

Amazing representation of the underground, love it!

Thank you Lord Vladivus, glad you like it :)

The rock technique you used is really good, good job blending it with the brown and then green as well! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai! :)

Nice build here. I really like the underground rocks, and when I saw the elves with War GS...all I said was "Yes!". I think it's perfect

Thank you Kayne! Yay, Wargs FTW! :)

Terrific! :blush:

Very nice creation :thumbup:

So can't they hear them? :wink:

That rock layer is fantastic :wub:

Terrific! :blush:

Very nice creation :thumbup:

So can't they hear them? :wink:

That rock layer is fantastic :wub:

Thanks! Haha nah, the elves are too busy to hear things from below. ;) Thanks again!

Hm... perhaps having those big ears makes elves deaf for underground noises :wink:

Anyway

Great build again :thumbup:

Edited by Mazin