Sign in to follow this  
Gideon

Book II Ch III Cat A: Blessing of the Ancestors

Blessing of the Ancestors

Among the dwarves of Historica, veneration of the ancestors is widespread and many statues of fallen heroes are placed in the great dwarven halls. It is common to seek the blessings of these heroes of old, usually through a ritual performed by a priest, before going into battle.

The ancestors are given offerings of the best food imported from the surface. Since the food disappears shortly after the ritual is performed, it is a widespread belief that the spirits of the ancestors are returning to feast in their halls of old. Some dwarves weak of faith are however whispering that the priests are maybe looking a bit too well nourished during times of war…?

16072333049_5b6dec26f8_c.jpg

Please give me feedback on the photography and editing, I've been playing with my new camera and trying to learn Lightroom and might very well have overstretched a slider or three when developing the pictures :wink:

Edited by Gideon

This is really great! Can't see why you would be displeased with the pics. I'm kinda missing your dark grey background though, it used to be your trademark.

Your photography is excellent, so is that sand green accent to the brickwork. Awesome entry!

Great entry Gideon and lovely story/incorporation of the priest. Lovely....

Regarding your photography and pp its perfect :) Don't worry.

Edited by Gunman

Awesome entry, Gideon, the colors here work very well and I like the arches above the statues :thumbup:

As others mentioned, the photography is top-notch too! :wink:

Another lovely entrance, again the sand green highlights really work here. The statue alcoves look quite elegant. Very cool how you incorporated these same dwarves into your other entry. That's something I didn't think of until I had already posted Part B!

Anyways, stunning photography again! Looks like you've mastered your new set up - which is more credit to your inherent skill than what the camera is capable of!

Gorgeous alcoves, the double pointed arches look amazing :thumbup:

Those priests have quite the racket going :laugh:

Great build, Gideon!

I also think the dark-bley and sand-green are perfect, as are the alcoves and satues!

Interesting story as well! That priest is going to have a lot to eat if there are no other priests!

Fantastic creation Gideon! The dwarf statues are small, but stand out. Again I love your color scheme, well done! And fantastic story :)

Lovely photography (looks good on my iPhone at least!).

The MOC is great, I love how you've used a limited palette for the stonework, but it still looks detailed!

The colour combo with sand green and dk bley is just so good! Have to try that in some houses!

The build itself i,s as always when it comes to you Gid, so great. :wub:

Beautiful build! I like the gray-green color palette and the rough top of the wall. The light bley statues are striking against the dark background, and bit about the priests eating the food amused me. :classic: