Bonaparte

HELP US SAVE THE INDEX MOC SHIPS...

I've finished saving the five rows I claimed. Before I upload them to photo-bucket, would it be alright if I resized the images that are too large and cropped the ones with excessive empty space?

Certainly!

We'll even get a better index thanks to the shutdown of BS :-D

X-D

Mr. Asuka, ready for report:

Download completed.

Row 31: All safe.

Row 32: No. 4 and No. 5 are not on BS, so I left them untouched and only safed the rest.

Row 33, the last and an uncomplete one: No. 1 and No. 2 are safe, No. 3 is not on BS

and remained untouched. No more numbers in that row.

Upload will start in the next two days.

Mr. Asuka, over and out.

*sad*

Thanks for the update Asuka!

Just finished uploading row 24.

24a were all too big so I resized them

24e was a collection of 9 different ships so I uploaded them all. (9 pictures)

Please note that I am downloading the entire folder of the relevant user so if you want more pictures later feel free to bother me.

Row 25 is almost downloaded and I will try to upload it within 2 days. (Tomorrow evening will be busy for me.)

Are we still going through with this since brickshelf will live once more?

P.S. If so, how long should we keep the photos after we've uploaded 'em?

Well, I officially resign regardless! Yay! :-D

I suggest we finish the job.

We are almost ready anyway and it's good to have this backup on photobucket.

Who knows what happens when BS won't be getting enough money from their "featured accounts".

P.S. If so, how long should we keep the photos after we've uploaded 'em?

Once they are uploaded, you can delete them on your PC.

Most certainly...

Once this is done, we still need a solution for the other indexes.

I may have some time on Sunday but I might be hungover so I might not be much use anyway.

I suggest we finish the job.

OK. I will wait until next week when Brickshelf is hopefully back to normal.

Upload completed.

Row 31, a-e

Row 32, a,b,d.... the rest is not on BS anyway

Row 33, a.... b and c is not on BS, no more ships in that row.

EDIT:

I see, there

Upload completed.

Row 31, a-e

Row 32, a,b,d.... the rest is not on BS anyway

Row 33, a.... b and c is not on BS, no more ships in that row.

EDIT:

I see, there

Edited by bonaparte

ok so i have been gone all this month... what happened to BS? and now its back? is there a thread anywhere i can read about this if someone doesnt want to explain it? thanks

ok so i have been gone all this month... what happened to BS? and now its back? is there a thread anywhere i can read about this if someone doesnt want to explain it? thanks

Look at the Front page!!! It has all the required info about the horrid "Brickshelfgate".

Yeah basically, without ANY warning, the guy who maintains Brickshelf decided to shut it down, most likely because we rely on it heavily. He just left a single message that Brickshelf was discontinuing and that he was sorry for any inconvenience (haha). All our links were broken and years with of pictures potentially gone. I personally think it was all so he thought he could make us pay money to keep the site... well that is basically what he got, because due to the outage he is adding more "premium" pay accounts due to a large response of people who offered to "donate" money to keep the site alive. It displeased me greatly. But it s back up now... I just wonder if we can trust it to stay that way!

Yeah basically, without ANY warning, the guy who maintains Brickshelf decided to shut it down, most likely because we rely on it heavily. He just left a single message that Brickshelf was discontinuing and that he was sorry for any inconvenience (haha). All our links were broken and years with of pictures potentially gone. I personally think it was all so he thought he could make us pay money to keep the site... well that is basically what he got, because due to the outage he is adding more "premium" pay accounts due to a large response of people who offered to "donate" money to keep the site alive. It displeased me greatly. But it s back up now... I just wonder if we can trust it to stay that way!

I found a lugnet post about it...... yeah that is pretty dick.... i mean it was the community that built the site, even though he made personal sacrifice. He should sell to a group of AFOLs

I actually think its his right to shut it down though... i mean it is his site physically... BUT... his whole message telling people not to download all the images and make backups or they will be banned is BS.... in my opinion he is obviously not a friend to the lego community any longer. you just don't remove your part from a community and not give people a chance to recoup first.... think of all those MOCs from five or six years ago by people that don't participate in the overall lego community any more that we would lose....

i can see why people were mad... if he was going to shut down, 15 days notice is not long enough...

also $5/month is a harsh fee... 25 a year would be much better... but i dont trust the dude.

Hey B,

I was wondering if you wanted to edit any of the albums @ photobucket to retain the names of the ship creators and names of the ships.

Just asking cause i am going to use the photobucket account to replace 15a in the ship index cause the link doesn't work anymore 8-|

P

Hey B,

I was wondering if you wanted to edit any of the albums @ photobucket to retain the names of the ship creators and names of the ships.

Just asking cause i am going to use the photobucket account to replace 15a in the ship index cause the link doesn't work anymore 8-|

P

Well, I would keep the numbering system, but we could add some more info after the number.

Like "15a - ship-name by creator-name".

I also have to check which ships still need to be backed up so we can finish this job.

Edited by Bonaparte

I also have to check which ships still need to be backed up so we can finish this job.

Just to clarify; I am going to finish what is assigned to me. I believe I have already downloaded all the images. After the build off I should have some time...

Edited by phred

Well, I would keep the numbering system, but we could add some more info after the number.

Like "15a - ship-name by creator-name".

It's ok everybody!

there is a working thumb-link for 15a :'-)

I can now sleep well tonight X-D

On a more serious note...

It's really good that (most of X-D ) the Ship Index is backed up on photobucket (PB?) to retain all of these fine creations. *y*

Thank you EBers.

B,

got the PB folder name changed for only 15a,

will work on the rest when i have time :-$

P

Got a PM from Berry to tell me he has finished his 5 rows.

Seems like a perfect job.

Thanks Berry !!

The ones that still need to be done are following:

9. Starwars4J

10. Starwars4J

11. Starwars4J

12. Starwars4J

13. Starwars4J

25. Sinner

Let me know Starwars4J and Sinner if you still plan to finish.

Else we'll need to find another volunteer or myself or the pirate mod/regulator can do these.

Let me know Starwars4J and Sinner if you still plan to finish.

Yes. It is my next job. Possilbly tomorrow....

Yes. It is my next job. Possilbly tomorrow....

Thanks. No need to hurry, take your time!

So you lads are still grabbing all the images even though Brickshelf is remaining active?

Yes, the job was almost finished when they announce BL will remain active.

And I don't have much fate in BL anymore so it's good to have this backup.

And I don't have much fate faith in BL anymore so it's good to have this backup.

Me either |-/

Hey B,

Are those the only rows that need to be completed are 4J's and Sinners?

P

Thanks. No need to hurry, take your time!

Well, I am done anyway. Sorry about the delay.

Guilt off! ;-)

Me either |-/

Hey B,

Are those the only rows that need to be completed are 4J's and Sinners?

P

Yes, those are the only ones. Unless you think otherwise?

Well, I am done anyway. Sorry about the delay.

Guilt off! ;-)

Really, no need to feel guilty.

I'm very grateful for your help!

Yes, those are the only ones. Unless you think otherwise?

Nope, i don't think otherwise,

Just wondering :)

P