Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

HSS Military: Sionnach Castle

Inside the great city walls of Sionnach lies this castle. Home of de Gothia and his family. The castle is rather small but works well for the Lord of Benoic. A small kitchen, de Gothias own house and a feasting hall fits in here.

Today Kha (Kayne) visits de Gothia.

This is also for the Avalonian task 5, build your Lords stronghold

C&C as always most welcome!

Great tower inspired by Nordana Castle (Gideon).

16230543856_9ac02a56bf.jpg

16070324289_402e88e118.jpg

16230556596_35244bdabc.jpg

Kha visits.

16070628297_a6ff4ec346.jpg

Kha´s guards

15634077034_006e154d7e.jpg

Kitchen to the right

16254612281_c5000439cb.jpg

Feast hall and balcony

16070354509_6eacff90de.jpg

de Gothias small house. de Gothia and his wife Lena likes to sit and have their tea in the mornings outside in the sun.

16254661601_e9a7628fdf.jpg

Edited by de Gothia

Excellent build, I especially love those non-orthogonal parts of the castle :classic: It can't have been easy to make those crenellations matching the curve in the wall...?

Your half-timbered design looks great as always.

Btw, I'm humbled to have my build mentioned as inspiration since your builds have been among the greatest sources of inspiration for me :classic:

Edited by Gideon

Great castle! The curved part of the wall is really neat, and I really like the interior, especially the half timbered house, which blends so perfectly with the wall and tower! :)

Wonderful work deGothia, this is a lovely build with a lot of details to enjoy. The tree, landscaping and castle structures are wonderfully done (I'm definitely impressed with the crenelations in the curved wall). Always cool to see other people's characters in builds. I love some of the photos you took, you caught some great angles that really give this build a lot of depth. Great work as always!

This is just lovely de Gothia, I love how simple the castle is. A lot of people these days like to revert to the "worn down" look, but yours looks so clean and crisp, beautiful. :) The curved wall is fantastic, I would love to see how you made the bricks stay bent, but still have sections in them. The feast hall is also excellent, lovely colors, the sand green works really well! So many wonderful details to take in, a really beautiful job de Gothia! :D

Great castle, de Gothia!

The rounded corner, towers, and landscaping really stand out to me! The monochromatic color scheme for the stones works well in this case, and it fits your other builds and an Avalonian style very well! Nice work with the tower angled through the roof of the feast hall!

I very much like the realistic look of your castle :thumbup: The plainer walls give a very sturdy look and I like the inclusion of the house in the courtyard.

Cool to see Kayne's fig included too :classic:

One of my favorite castles on GoH. I love the simplicity, the realism, and the unique touches thrown in here and there. I wish there was an instruction book for this castle because I think it has a lot to teach on the aesthetics of brevity and clean design with regard to Lego building. I'm super impressed, even though you always knock out quality DG.

Oh wow, nice castle! :wub: Also some interesting building techniques in there, and some lovely trees too!

Clean simple and beautiful. I love castles done in this style. It's not too busy and is still very engaging and eye catching.

Great job DG! I really like the curved portion of the wall and how organically you've made those bricks flow from one direction to the next. Kayne greatly enjoyed his time in Sionnach and will have to have you and the family visit Kaliphlin soon!

Another great build from you! :thumbup: The rounded corners of the castle are a great touch, the inside is also well done. The texture is good as well, not too little but not too much either! Also really like the trees outside the walls!

Maybe a tat too small for a proper castle but it looks really great nonetheless!

Awesome!

Very nice and cosy castle. Lots of great details everywhere, and all that wegetation!

Just wow :thumbup:

Thanks everyone!

ZC: hehe, no not this time. The mocs have been on the shelf for some time now. Just photographed them all and edited them lately

Kabel: well, we all know how it went with my big castle for de Gothia :wink: ... I feel that this is the scale I could work with and still finish it..