CopMike

EB event 2015, 4-7 June, Windsor UK Sign-Up topic

I'll be in London a week before (no countdown for me :look:), so it's train for me. I guess it's the best option and buying a return ticket makes it a bit cheaper. I'm going back to London, since Tuesday plane tickets back were cheaper! :tongue: I too will have no car and am satying at Oakley.

Shirts would be awesome!

- when are you arriving in Windsor?

- how are you travelling, i.e. how many cars do we have?

- can I pick up somebody from the airport?

I am planning on arriving in Windsor at about 5 o'clock in the afternoon and on the way we pass Heathrow. On that ride there will be only one place left in the car, but I still can go back to Heathrow another time.

- is everybody staying in the Oakley Court Hotel? If not, where?

- does anybody want event-shirts?

As mentioned earlier I'm arriving at Heathrow 18:30, obviously that means I'm coming by plane so I can't help out with the car situation. Pickup at the airport would be excellent, maybe it could be coordinated with Copmike or Christian if any of them arrive around the same time? (I'd prefer to not have to wait until Cecilie and Ace arrive since that would mean spending four hours at Heathrow..). And yes, I'm staying at the Oakley Couirt, and I'd love a t-shrt, size L is good for me. :classic:

Asbjørn and I are arriving at Heathrow at 22:30. If someone can pick us up at the airport that would be awesome. If not, does anyone know how expensive it is to take a cab? Or if there is some usable public transportation?

Last time I think we paid around 30 GBP for a taxi from Heathrow to the hotel, and it looks like the distance to the hotel is around the same this time, a bit shorter, but not much. And at least according to Google public transit looks like a no-go, 1 hour 46 minutes is a bit more than I'm willing to endure when the alternative is a 20 minute taxi ride.

Concerning the shirts, I have got this information:

"The stitching company have both the standard and 10th anniversary logo on file. Depending on how busy they are and stock levels they normally take a week or a bit more".

For all of you who want (another :wink:) shirt, please tell us what logo, the color of the shirt and the size you'd like to have.

Standard logo:

17351766251_963334c707_o.jpg

10th anniversary logo:

17164349518_6f8e2ea4a7_o.jpg

I will keep this offer open until next weekend. This should be enough to have them produced and delivered to Rolli who will kindly bring them to the event. News on the prices later on but you may want to check last year's topic for further information.

Checking last years event topics, I would like to invite everyone to bring their sigfig again.

Who (still) needs a magnet for the event-badge (1x8 brick)?

Hi everyone,

I have been debating back and forth whether I should skip this years event due to the current situation at my work place. Thankfully, things have settled down again at work, and I have decided that I will attend this year. I just need to find someone to share a room with. I know that I am possibly a little late for this, but anyone else looking for someone to share a room with?

I'm afraid I'll not be able to attend after all (having had to spend the money I'd hoped to spend on travel etc, on getting my car fixed instead!!) I'd held on hoping that I could get something sorted but with only a month to go, it's not gong to happen (fingers crossed for next year!!)

Sorry about that...

Next year - according to the normal schedule - we'll be in Billund again.

Start saving for the trip (and the big shopping bag). :wink:

Not looking for a shirt. I have too many as is!

Driving in with no real plans in all honesty. I might leave early and spend time in London, I might get in for some time in Windsor or arrive for check-in time at 3pm and see what the hotel has on offer.

Quarry already asked about a ride from the airport, so I could do that and take more if they arrive around the same time. I have a 5 seater four door car (2003 Astra if you want an idea on space available). I'm going to clear it of my stuff before I leave so there will be plenty of space (y'know, bar essentials for travel)

It is just me in it, so room for more and my only rule is my car my music :devil: .

I will have space for four if someone doesn't mind the middle seat and myself, to drive wherever we need to go and for beer runs at the local supermarket.

Hi guys, sorry for the delay. We haven't planned anything yet - something we are amazingly good at. Since I might be busy at work around that time, we are currently planning to just take Friday off and be around for the weekend. We'll be commuting by car from and to Reading and have a small Fiesta with two spare seats. So, if anyone is coming from London and wants to save some train money on Friday and Saturday (and maybe Thursday night), let us know.

I'd like to order one white shirt with standard logo. You can't really have the anniversary logo this year?! Size L that is. Thank you!

Do we have any information about tickets to the park?

Special offers to get in cheaper, or something like that? Peppy - any local offers (on cheese boxes, newspapers, vouchers in magazines... whatsoever)?

Anyone else looking for a roommate for the event? Or am I just too late?

Cereal boxes have twoforone on them.

Collect them.

Eat as much as you can.

Have your familiy supplied with a years-ration! (if that is the correct word) :grin:

Valid for two adults or the 'normal' one adult - one child voucher?

Any nice LEGO offers in the U.K. at the moment? :look:

And one further question for Peppy:

If we are going to London - probably by train - would it be smart to book that train now, or in the next days?

In Germany you get a lot off the normal fare if you buy in advance.

I will look out for the tokens, they are one free adult with one adult entry so that halves entry cost right away.

No super offers on LEGO I know of, sorry.

As for rail tickets- National Rail website can be used to find what a fare for today will cost, then if you use trainline.com for the date we want to travel it will give you a price for the journey that might be cheaper.

Will we be traveling on the underground? An Oyster card is a fuss free travelcard for London. I will be bringing mine, that's for sure!

Hi guys!

The program is starting to get organized! There will be a visit to a Lego workplace situated outside the park. The final details of that is in the works. We´re also trying to set something up for inside the park! Evening competitons with prizes are also in the pipe.

Bad news for me - I won´t be able to make it this year :cry_sad: !

It will be the first time since the 2006 event (number 2) in Windsor that I miss out! Work, going into the business of buying/building a house and more has made it a no-go! I´m sure you guys will have a blast and under the professional guidance of Holodoc & Rolli this will be a great event as it always is!

Remember the 2006 line-up?:

image78.jpg

Pic by jonfett

And check out Hobbes pictures in this Brickshelf folder and jonfett here!

More info coming!

That is bad new, indeed. :cry_sad:

The updated list of eventees is

1/ Christian

2/ Peppermint_M

3/ Rolli

4/ Aredhel

5/ Cecilie

6/ Ace

7/ Quarryman

8/ Holodoc

9/ Lucas (son of Holodoc)

10/ Elias (son of Holodoc)

11/ Miss Kyle (Friday and Saturday)

12/ Matt (husband of Miss Kyle)

13/ MstrOfPppts

14/ BobThePom (only Saturday)

If you are standing on the list and don't intend to join us, or if you are missing anyone on the list, please let me know!

BobThePom - I haven't heard much of you lately, would you please confirm your participation? Thanks. :classic:

So we are somehow back to the roots - what the number of eventees is concerned.

But nevertheless the organization team is already working out the last details.

It will be different from the last time for sure, but will it be less great? I am sure it won't! :wub:

Rolli and I have worked out some nice surprises - we are not going to tell more, are we, Rolli? :devil:

For now I'd like to make a short summary what the shirts are concerned:

I believe everybody who wrote to want an event-shirt wants a 'normal' embroidered EB-logo on the front, right? If not, please let us know!

Cecilie and Ace, Rolli: We need your decision on colour and size

Quarryman: Size L, but what colour?

MstrOfPppts: Size L, white :thumbup:

Aredhel: The manufacturer also offers hoodies...

Peppermint, Christian and MissKyle/Matt don't want anything?

And finally Christian is still looking for a room-mate. MstrOfPppts or Quarry - what did you order at the hotel? Would there be space to squeeze in ( :sick:) Christian?

It will be sad not to have you there, Mike. All the best with work and the house!

We will make sure that we will have a great time despite this, right? :wub:

Rolli and I have worked out some nice surprises - we are not going to tell more, are we, Rolli? :devil:

Surprise, surprise! :innocent:

Rolli: We need your decision on colour and size

Uhm... Hoodie in "Moondust Grey", L, anniversary logo; V-neck knitted sweater (PR694) in Navy, anniversary logo. Thanks (to myself :tongue: )!

Aredhel: The manufacturer also offers hoodies...

I already noted down her wishes, she asked for a black hoodie in L with the anniversary logo :thumbup:

No, we're passing on the shirts, thanks guys!

Who else needs cereal vouchers? I'm going food shopping tomorrow.

Quarryman: Size L, but what colour?

Black Fruit of the Loom SS204 Heavyweight 65/35 polo (hope that's enough details?)

And finally Christian is still looking for a room-mate. MstrOfPppts or Quarry - what did you order at the hotel? Would there be space to squeeze in ( :sick:) Christian?

Christian is a bit tall to comfortably squeeze in anywhere I think, but I'd be open for it, guess MstrOfPppts will have to contact the hotel about that though since he made the booking.

No, we're passing on the shirts, thanks guys!

Who else needs cereal vouchers? I'm going food shopping tomorrow.

Me, me, me! :wub: Thanks!

As long as we are getting 7 vouchers, we all should be save.

I am going to raid the stock we already have Holodoc! There are five of my siblings who eat a lot of Krave cereal which had the tokens on and we won't be getting to Alton Towers before they expire so I'll be snipping them all free.

No shirts or hoodies for me please.

I booked the twin bedroom for me and Quarryman. I can check if it can be upgraded - do they have a 3 ppl room? But I'm at ice hockey cup now with very bad internet. I'll be back and check on Tuesday ...

Shame Mike can't make it. So who's bringing the rats for the spitting contest? :)

It seems unlikely that I will be able to find a roommate at this point, so this could be an option if it is not too much trouble and the hotel allows of course.

In case I am not able to find a solution for accommodation within the next week and a half, I will most likely have to skip this year's event, as not sharing a room is simply too costly.

Peppermint, Christian and MissKyle/Matt don't want anything?

I don't need any event t-shirts. Don't want to order anything as long as my participation in the event is not 100% certain.

Cecilie and Ace, Rolli: We need your decision on colour and size

I totally forgot! Thanks for the reminder :sweet:

Black t-shirt size M and one white t-shirt size L please (just the regular Fruit of the Loom t-shirt or something)