Sign in to follow this  
V()()D()()

Pirate/Viking MOC contest

Love that set. I might even buy one :oD

I did and haven't regretted it! The 4+ set however, might be a different story entirely. So best I skip buying that unless they're almost giving them away...

I also have Skull Island, it's a great set. The 4+ 'skull' piece is horrible, though. Wouldn't come near it with a ten-foot axel.

hey, the skull could be usful for a gigantic midevil rock mountain thing...

it would save alot of parts and stuff, is there any way to make it with regular parts? i might just try

hey, the skull could be usful for a gigantic midevil rock mountain thing...

it would save alot of parts and stuff, is there any way to make it with regular parts? i might just try

The skull piece elevated on it own looks stupid. However, you're right. It could look quite good if it was actually part of a decent structure with some design thought.

In the case of the 7074 set the skull looks too aloof and there doesn't appear to be any logical or functional reason for having it there - apart from being able to name the set "Skull Island".

"The wonderfully designed 6279 from 1995?"

I definitively like better Imperials (even if I won't be upset to have this set)

About the contest, if it's before summer holidays then I propose to be part as a judge but after or while holidays I'll try to make a Moc :D

"The wonderfully designed 6279 from 1995?"

I definitively like better Imperials (even if I won't be upset to have this set)

Yes, "The wonderfully designed 6279 from 1995?". It is very very very wonderful in juxtaposition to its 2004 counter part.

Imperial Guards were great and I too prefer them over 6279. Hower 6279 is quite a fine set in its own right.

is there any way to make it with regular parts? i might just try

Yes, there is a way, but Lego is too damn useless to even bothor to supply us with those grey bricks. I could make that crappy 4+ set with a couple of plain bricks...cause, that's all it is!

Yes, there is a way, but Lego is too damn useless to even bothor to supply us with those grey bricks. I could make that crappy 4+ set with a couple of plain bricks...cause, that's all it is!

There isn't much design inguineity to most of those 4+ Pirate sets. Just a tacky structure here and a tacky structure there.

7075 Red Beard's Ship might be alrite, but I haven't see it beyond pictures yet. I definitely don't like the cannons on it though...

Here is an idea of contest:

Best Pirate 4+ modification ;) It would be the best Pirate MOC BUT having to include a minimum of crappy 4+ pieces and elements.

Why not???

Who wants to pick this task????

nah, we'll all suck at it :P

and plus, i dont wanna by a 4+ set that i will actually pay money for.

Agreed, but it was to show that with a 4+ set we, the AFOLs could do something great, especially with the small ship ;)