Sign in to follow this  
V()()D()()

Pirate/Viking MOC contest

Because of all the hype of pirates and Vikings right know, I'm starting an offical pirate/viking MOC contest!!!We will start today (March 24) and end April 23th, all entries must be posted the same day and have a name and say wether it's a pirate creation or a viking creation, we will then have a vote using a poll for two days, whoever has the most votes wins a plaque and they're screen name goes in a pirate/viking MOC hall of fame soooo... GET BUILDING!!

p.s.-this month will sort of be a practice run, next month there will be a theme where we have to build a boat, a harbour, or a dungeon for example I choose, and remember, it's only pirates and vikings and this month you can build anything!

Schedule-

1)March 24-April 23: Build any sort of pirate/viking MOC you want.

2)April 23: Post what you have built.

3)April 24-25: Voteing

4)April 26: Winner will be announced and I will post there name and a plaque, next months theme will be announced and everything will be repeated!

Rules-

Must be Pirate or Viking MOC.

You can only post your entry on April 23.

The MOC must be 100% made by you!

You can post maximum two (2) entries.

Stick to the theme or your MOC will not count!

You can use previous creations you have made.

For further questions post.

and remember This Month you can make anything you want and it has to be viking or pirate!

Because of all the hype of pirates and Vikings right know, I'm starting an offical pirate/viking MOC contest!!!

Now who started that hype I wonder? Must of been Blood Jay... Too bad I don't have a digital camera... So looks like I'm sitting out on this one. >:(

But you Pirate fans with cameras, get building now! Show the Vikings what Pirate Lego is really made of! (Errr... That would obviously be Lego.)

Too bad I don't have a digital camera... So looks like I'm sitting out on this one. >:(

Not necessarily Pirate Fanatic ;)

Do your Moc early, take pictures with a regular camera and have the film put on CD, so you can post them ;) That was just a suggestion.

A MOC contest without the fanatic who brought a little piratry in our forums would not be as fun ;)

Too bad I don't have a digital camera... So looks like I'm sitting out on this one. >:(

But you Pirate fans with cameras, get building now! Show the Vikings what Pirate Lego is really made of! (Errr... That would obviously be Lego.)

Or you could take a pic with a regular camera and scan it onto your computer (only if you have a scanner though).

You can only post your entry on April 23.

Does previews count ?!? *wacko*

Since I have started on a "pirate" MOC (and you have seen some of it) I would like to use it.

Is that all right :$

V()()D()(), it's a great idea, but I'd like to give some input on this one - let's wait until the Viking sets are released. Puts them on an equal playing field. Right now, there's a serious lack of painted circular shields, longboat-style hulls (see my previous Viking MOC to see how hard it is to make one), horned helmets (just for fun!), and just generic Viking necessities.

I also think we should arrange prizes. Maybe a few members/admins could chip in to put a longboat and an equally-priced (original) pirates set up for grabs?

I also think we should arrange prizes. Maybe a few members/admins could chip in to put a longboat and an equally-priced (original) pirates set up for grabs?

This sounds like a fun idea but currently most of the admins are involved in the Eurobricks Event, so most of our time and money is being spent doing this.

Perhaps we can arrange a prize later on but for now we will stay out of it. Sorry :/

Jon.

Too bad I don't have a digital camera...  So looks like I'm sitting out on this one.  >:(

Not necessarily Pirate Fanatic ;)

Do your Moc early, take pictures with a regular camera and have the film put on CD, so you can post them ;) That was just a suggestion.

A MOC contest without the fanatic who brought a little piratry in our forums would not be as fun ;)

I also don't have a camera. Well I did have, but beats me where it is now.

What I really should be doing is working on my university assignments, but for some reason I'm more compelled to write messages here.

haha, well I geuss we could wait for the vikings and yes you can use MOC's you have made before and have posted here. ok how about we wait out until the viking sets arrive by insulting the DINO Attack Line, that would be fun!!

Hey! I could donate about 20 bucks, I beleive I'll be at the Eurobricks show in July, plus the contest is my idea so I should be part of it ;) !

Now lets not forget postage costs... Which can be quite expensive depending on how far the package has to go...

Very true, maybe something about 25-50 bucks.

Now lets not forget postage costs...  Which can be quite expensive depending on how far the package has to go...

Very true, maybe something about 25-50 bucks.

Living in Australia things can get quite expensive to send in the mail. Especially from the USA.

So if you were going to use BrickLink to purchase a prize, maybe it would be advisable to find a set closest to the winning person and have it sent to them directly from the BrickLink.

ya it doesnt have to be a ship.

there is a skull island for $40 that is 100% complete and free U.S. shipping.

Does it have to be a ship?  Skull Island is pretty cool.

Which Skull Island are we talking about?

The wonderfully designed 6279 from 1995?

6279SkullIsland.jpg

or the slapped together 7074 from 2004?

7074SkullIsland.jpg

Does it have to be a ship?  Skull Island is pretty cool.

Which Skull Island are we talking about?

The wonderfully designed 6279 from 1995?

or the slapped together 7074 from 2004?

Wow, what a difference, it's amazing that both sets were made by the same company.

Wow, what a difference, it's amazing that both sets were made by the same company.

haha, man thats true! haha but ya the prizes could be the old skull Island & a viking longboat coming out this year.

man, I just noticed the 4+ skull is one piece! geese, what is Lego thinking, a four year old eating lego? the kid must be retarted ! lol

Lego really needs to start re-releasing some of these! this set is awsome! (old one)