Captain Braunsfeld

Post your Pirate Crew: Pirate Figbarfs

OK, I'll play. Here are some characters of mine...

FIrst we have Colony Director Stuyvesant of the Dutch WIC, a privateer captain, Gen. George Washington, and Captain Fernando of the Spanish army:

01_stuyvesant_-_privateer_-_gw_-_spanish_capt.jpg

Next we have a member of the Cardinal's Guards, Lady Eleanor, dueling master Otto, and one-eyed Jack "the Knife":

02_red_guard_-_lady_-_dueling_master_-_knife.jpg

Next are dockside merchant "Shady" Pete, Ben Franklin, Sir Francis Drake, and "Swashbuckling" Sally:

03_merchant_-_frankiln_-_drake_-_swashbuckler.jpg

And finally we have Sir Stephen (naturalist and member of the Royal Academy of Sciences), Reginald Tumbleholm Esq., ship's quartermaster Otis, and a French hussar:

04_naturalist_-_noble_-_qtrmaster-_hussar.jpg

Assembling the ship's crew:

05_ship_crew.jpg

Comments and feedback welcome.

Here are the figures that I have currently put together. I just got some new heads today, so there are more than when I posted the pirate army in the army thread, also close up pictures.

Some nice looking figures in here! I agree with Captain Braunsfeld, that some blue/red coats and maybe some civilians as well would look really good with them.

OK, I'll play. Here are some characters of mine...

I really like the wide variety you've included here. A very nice bunch of figures!

Cardinal's Guards - I've actually done something similar to have some counterparts for the musketeers (but I didn't post them pirate_sceptic.gif )

Yes, assembling a Cardinal's Guard was one of the first things I had to do when the collectible musketeers came out. I've seen a couple other interpretations of the Guards, and they're all good. Share yours with us!

Hi! Great idea posting minifig crews! Will get my privateers of The Parrot up here soon;-). Love those already posted - was just wondering: where is the sword of the type carried by the Cardinal's Guard from? (Think Capt Braunsfeld also has such a weapon).

Yes, the rapier is from BrickArms. Also, the George Washington torso is a sticker from BrickForge. Except for painting Ben Franklin's hair, everything else is official LEGO in the figs I posted.

Oh thanks Zeev - that is it, for sure - 'tis a fine blade;-).

Yes, 'tis!

Yes, assembling a Cardinal's Guard was one of the first things I had to do when the collectible musketeers came out. I've seen a couple other interpretations of the Guards, and they're all good. Share yours with us!

Here we go:

musketier-gegenspieler2.jpg

I'm really enjoying these early 17th century musketeer style mini-figures

Captain Braunsfeld, I like how you have the cape shifted to the side on some to accomodate the scabbard and sword. It creates an illusion of movement. Well done!

Captain Braunsfeld, I like how you have the cape shifted to the side on some to accomodate the scabbard and sword. It creates an illusion of movement. Well done!

Thanks, fellow captain!

Taken with my phone this morning... ...nothing particularly innovative with this bunch, but like the idea of showing the crew separately - AND I wanted to proove I do have a crew (the last pics of Parrot several months ago showed her totally abandoned! - just need to get the vessel in order and put them on board now....:-/).

Anyway, here is the crew of The Parrot (a 14 gun brig, originally built for naval service, but now in the hands of several privateers)

Preparing stores and equipment before the first voyage:

imag0214.jpg

The co-owners, from left to right: Marcus 'Moomin' Moorhen, an explorer and journalist chronicling the adventures of The Parrot; Olivier Owl, physician; Roderick Redfeather, Captain; Ruby Wren, first mate; Leonard Lark, Quartermaster

imag0225_burst001.jpg

The Head Gunner, Purser, Armourer, Bosun, Carpenter, Cook, Sailors and pets

imag0221.jpg

Edited by Moomin

I'm in with these guys.... :pir-grin:

A cigar box seems like a good environment for them! I'd be interested in hearing descriptions for them.

Taken with my phone this morning... ...nothing particularly innovative with this bunch, but like the idea of showing the crew separately - AND I wanted to proove I do have a crew (the last pics of Parrot several months ago showed her totally abandoned! - just need to get the vessel in order and put them on board now....:-/).

A very classic-looking bunch. I particularly like the guys in the second picture.

Fine - a good bunch of guys.

Many of them seem to be "the captain"... I hope they will sort it out.

Thanks,

and that's true, thing is, they all share the same enemy..

A cigar box seems like a good environment for them!

haha, not sure for "the cigar box gathering"... something may be hidden inside

WoW! I like it so much! These minifigures are amazing, it evoques colonial epoque. Congrats to make this classic/pirates minifigs army.