Sign in to follow this  
TopperTwist

[MOC] Apartment and Coffee Shop - Modular

16238010122_b4e59c3140_c.jpgApartment and Coffee Shop MOC by TopperTwist, on Flickr

Hello all, this is my first MOC posted on Eurobricks! :blush:

The exterior of the building is quite simple, and was inspired by old buildings around New York City. Minor SNOT techniques throughout, with the use of dark red as an accent and dark tan as the main color for the rest of the building. The bottom is a hipsteresque coffee shop, and the top two floors are an apartment.

15618936633_2d427f3b5d_c.jpgExterior- Back by TopperTwist, on Flickr

The back of the building (intentionally) looks dilapidated. Some texture details with exposed "pipes" and overgrown foliage.

16238008332_51894ea699_c.jpgFirst Floor Interior by TopperTwist, on Flickr

The interior of the coffeshop features a large main counter, with a whole row of flavor pumps beneath the windows. Other details include a coffee maker and decorative gas pump (from the Town Plan) and some paintings.

15616407844_fe45213448_c.jpgSecond Floor by TopperTwist, on Flickr

The first floor of the apartment! My favorite part, for sure. Includes an open-concept kitchen, dining area, and living room. More details can be seen on Flickr, as well.

15616396394_ce58b31894_c.jpgThird Floor by TopperTwist, on Flickr

The top level is the bedroom and bathroom. Bathroom is in the bottom left corner. There is also a large rug on the floor, and some furniture details. The painting above the bed was inspired by another Eurobricks user whose building skills I really admire, Kristel. She used a similar style painting in her beautiful Sand Blue Townhouse!

16237963182_24920a6f5d_c.jpgStreet View by TopperTwist, on Flickr

The apartment next to some of the more recent official modulars for a size comparison. Thank you so much for viewing, feedback is always appreciated! :grin: Many more views and explanations can be found here:

Very nice modular design......it helps blend old style ones to keep them in a modern world and great interior work too 'TopperTwist'.......Brick On ! :grin:

A good modular building - as I see it was your first post, so this is a good start.

I like the interiors and - regarding the front- especially the part on the left side is very well designed.