TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

I doubt they would be working on Series 14 so early.

Which thread was the pumpkin picture posted in, I cant find it in the Licensed forum...

Which thread was the pumpkin picture posted in, I cant find it in the Licensed forum...

I can't find it neither, but it does take a few months to get sets produced, packaged and transported to resellers. :wink:

That was posted in the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumors Thread, in the Special Themes forum

I got it from the Marvel thread. http://imgur.com/a/BiGaw

And it could be from Series 14, but I'm a bit skeptical since series 13 isn't even out yet. And having a 14 written on it could mean a lot of things. In the last batch of molds that included the series 13 stuff I don't recall seeing any writing to identify where the parts were being used, so I don't see why this would. It could be labelled for a multitude of reasons, it could indicate where it's being used, or possibly it was from a batch of test pieces or maybe even the seller wrote on it. I guess we won't know for sure until Lego releases some news.

Looking at that album again it's too bad that yellow hairpiece isn't in the right style for Fred's hair, perfect color though.

Edited by strangely

Pumpkin Head found - http://imgur.com/a/BiGaw

You've heard a lot of talk of upcoming Iron Man helmets being found but this thread fails to mention more about the Pumpkin head, also found at the link above. The rumors are spreading and collectively so far they are:

1. It's another figure for Series 14 of CMF.

2. It's of the Headless Horseman, a villain throughout many series of Scooby Doo

3. It's Jack O Lantern's head, a villain from the Marvel universe.

The cartoonish look suggests 1 or 2 and with talks of, at least, a spooky and retro theme coming soon, it would more so align with that. Especially since for 3 fire would have to protrude from its head.

Pumpkin Head found - http://imgur.com/a/BiGaw

You've heard a lot of talk of upcoming Iron Man helmets being found but this thread fails to mention more about the Pumpkin head, also found at the link above. The rumors are spreading and collectively so far they are:

1. It's another figure for Series 14 of CMF.

2. It's of the Headless Horseman, a villain throughout many series of Scooby Doo

3. It's Jack O Lantern's head, a villain from the Marvel universe.

The cartoonish look suggests 1 or 2 and with talks of, at least, a spooky and retro theme coming soon, it would more so align with that. Especially since for 3 fire would have to protrude from its head.

What? We've been talking about it, since yesterday in fact, with both the picture and the album it came from being posted already here (link posted one post above yours in fact). Also the first two of those have already been pointed out in this thread...

As much as I'd love getting that headpiece in CMF Series 14, I don't think so.

Since it's a headpiece and not a moulded head, I'd say it's for the Scooby Doo/New Spooky theme.

In Scooby Doo, the "monsters" were actually people in disguise, and that headpiece looks like part of a disguise, not a head like the Yeti's or the Minotaur's

Headless.jpgElwood_Crane_unmasked.png

It could still be series 14 since it would be coming out in August/September just in tune for Halloween.

But I'll welcome a Scooby doo theme

Since it's a headpiece and not a moulded head, I'd say it's for the Scooby Doo/New Spooky theme.

That's a good point, it is much more a mask than a head. If they just wanted a pumpkin head then there's already a head printed like that.

It could still be series 14 since it would be coming out in August/September just in tune for Halloween.

Seeing a leak for something not due until August/September of next year seems really early. If series 14 was coming in the spring than I wouldn't have a hard time believing it, but seeing something this early for an August release seems pretty unlikely. Plus I would be disappointed if it were a CMF, because he'd end up being a headless and horseless man as that would not be possible to fit a horse in a bag like that. I'd rather have a headless horseman with a specially printed horse than just a guy with a pumpkin head and nothing else. And without the horse this opens up the possibility of him just being a scarecrow variation... And I would not like that at all...

I will also say it wouldn't be that great of an idea for Lego to put monsters in the CMF while launching a monster theme at the same time. Especially a specially molded monster like a headless horseman. That seems like a waste to put it into a CMF when there's a theme they could have put it in.

Monsters that was never made in CMF are the ff below.

Hunchback

Phantom of the Opera

Lady Vampire (Not the same from Monster Fighters theme)

Ghoul

Voodoo Doctor

Undead Pirate

Plus I would be disappointed if it were a CMF, because he'd end up being a headless and horseless man as that would not be possible to fit a horse in a bag like that.

Well.... we got a Daredevil without his motorcycle in Series 7.

I wouldn't care about the horse, if he turns out to be like this:

Headless-horseman.jpg

Monsters that was never made in CMF are the ff below.

Hunchback

Phantom of the Opera

Lady Vampire (Not the same from Monster Fighters theme)

Ghoul

Voodoo Doctor

Undead Pirate

And Invisible Man, Mutant, Monster Bride, Headless Horseman, Zombie Woman, Swamp Creature, Igor, Banshee, Mothman, Ghost and Bogeyman

Edited by Robert8

Series 14 will be in production within 8-10 months, it's not too early at all.

Love that piece!

The photo of the inside of the pumpkin has the second row of numbers 14-801. Which is highly likely the source of the 14. I checked the inside of the gingerbread mans head and the number it showed was 05-001. Which neither matches the part number or the series number. Anyone know what the second set of numbers represents?

Edited by Darth Punk

And Invisible Man, Mutant, Monster Bride, Headless Horseman, Zombie Woman, Swamp Creature, Igor, Banshee, Mothman, Ghost and Bogeyman

But the Spooky Girl in Series 12 is not counted as monster. She just a spooky looking regular person that is based on every characters from black and white film/TV show such as The Addams Family.

Edited by legofanatic12

According to the new catalog (I assume for retailers) that just was released on other Lego fan sites, there is no mention of anything Scooby or Spooky related to be released between January-June. We can only hope this wasn't a very false rumor.

According to the new catalog (I assume for retailers) that just was released on other Lego fan sites, there is no mention of anything Scooby or Spooky related to be released between January-June. We can only hope this wasn't a very false rumor.

Guess we'll know when toy fair comes.But I'm still hopeful about it.

Jurassic World isn't in there either and that's been confirmed. It looks as if the catalog only covers up til March/April.

My guess is that they deliberately omit new licences or stuff that needs to be kept under wraps until a certain date. We all knew there were Hobbit sets coming out every year in Nov/Dec, but the sets haven't appeared in the catalogue prior to release.

Given this is practically confirmed as Scooby Doo now (Listed below in the spoiler) surely the thread should be re-titled as i doubt we'll have multiple Scary or Horror themed lines running at the same time

There will be four sets in total including the famous Mystery Van which has minifigures of Fred, Shaggy, and Scooby-Doo. The next set is a Haunted House that includes Shaggy, Scooby, Daphne, and Velma. There were also two other sets but there aren’t any descriptions. However, they mention that there was a Swamp Monster in one of these sets."

Oh as for the two other sets, given the pieces we've seen we can go under the belief that they are probably;

A 'Headless Horseman set' and a 'Swamp Monster set'

Edited by Scarilian

How do we even know that this rumor is valid??Nothing is officially comfirmed.

Well we heard most these rumours beforehand and now we're seeing pictures of a headless horseman, one of the more icconic monsters of Scooby Doo. Plus we've seen the headgear that appears to be from the Electric Monster... so not really sure how it can be unconfirmed at this stage :L

Cant find the working links but both are featured in this video.

Edited by Scarilian