TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

Wow, someone made a colossal mistake! :laugh:

Great haul--hopefully they actually ship them to you and don't end up cancelling the order.

LEGO.COM just released a 3 set kit. It's out of stock and for some reason just now showing up on S@H:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Scooby-Doo-Collection-5004810?fromListing=listing

It also appears with only 3 sets from the Scooby collection in the Fall 2015 catalog.

http://shop.lego.com/catalog/displayCatalog.jsp?id=LEGO/3633-usfall-base

Edited by kelceycoe

Just picked up 3 Mansion sets from Toys R Us for £15 each!!! (saving £55 per set)

I think someone at Asda messed up with their listings and was able to price match them :)

http://direct.asda.c...?cgid=D25M8G1C8

Howd you get them for that at Toys r Us?!

Gutted about Asda... I never get that sort of luck to catch them sort of things on time...

It has some interesting build techniques, especially with the greenhouse. It is definitely unusual with all of the purple features, but it does make an interesting display piece. The minifig selection is very good with the three classic "monsters". With Velma going for insane amounts on BL and Ebay, I would go ahead and get the set.

Thank you for the info :classic:

Sorry for my late reply. I've been very busy and I hadn't the chance to vista EB. However I wanted to say thank you for the info :classic:

I think I'm going to get the set soon. In addition to the "Minifigures" value I'd really need a "spooky" building for a Brick Comics story so I'm sure I'll find it very useful :classic:

I just built the Mystery Machine last night; I didn't see a Eurobricks review. It's disappointingly.... small... I guess. For $30 I thought it'd be a bit more substantial. I guess that's LEGO pricing these days. Still think it's awesome, and still looking for the mansion.

Just read the Blocks Magazine Issue 11 interview with LEGO Scooby Doo designer, Nik Groves. He answers a few questions people have posed here and questions some of us may have wondered about but never asked. Here's a summation of that interview:

- There are no plans to continue the Scooby Doo line.

My take: As we know from the Ghostbusters brand, that could mean "not at this time" but doesn't mean TLC couldn't consider it in the future.

- The stickers are necessary for practical and economical reasons.

My take: Like the Haunted House designer, he acknowledges we don't like stickers. But like he says - it costs a lot to print multiple printed bricks. These same bricks are often reused in other sets and there has to be a different machine for each printed and non-printed version of the same brick. So it's also economically based.

- Scooby Doo was meant to be limited in articulation to match "LEGO DNA."

My take: Not much is expounded on this.

- The theme was designed more for kids, who they felt would care less that the sets are based from 45 years of Scooby Doo material, not just the first series.

My take: The sets were made to be cartoony and iconic of the famous playsets kids have come to known, like the Mystery Machine and Spooky Mansion,.

- 7 of the 8 villains are actually from Scooby Doo cartoons.

My take: The Swamp Monster, disguised by Mr. Brown, is not explained to his exact origins.

- Liberties were taken for many reasons, mainly to appease kids and not adults.

My take: The Mystery Machine was designed to be small and affordable so kids can play with it. The Mystery Mansion purposely mixed many monsters from many cartoons so kids could have a variety.

- Sets were also based on previous sets for some inspiration, the Haunted House being mentioned by Blocks.

My take: More liberties were taken again.

There is a mention of the zombie and how he doesn't come with the witch, no reason why, just says this is so.

- The Mansion itself is NOT from any specific Scooby Doo haunted house or castle but a more of their design so kids can identify it is a spooky house.

- Several designers designed several vehicles/building: Michael Fueller the Mysrey Machine and Bjarke Madsen, the mansion.

- The Zombie is not from the Living Doo despite his design matches that zombie's design specifically.

- Characters and plot points are all from their obvious series (there is a page devoted to this, as well as outlining the differences and liberties taken, by Bricks and not by Nik himself) and no episodes were specifically stated by either the designer or magazine :

Scooby Doo: Where Are You: Mystery Mansion (all villains from this series; venus plant is not mentioned), Mystery Machine (Zombie acknowledged, not tree), Mummy Adventure (mummy)

* It's important to note: For fans of ONLY Scooby Doo: Where Are You?, TLC has you in their thoughts with the NEW Scooby Doo Collection at S@H: http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Scooby-Doo-Collection-5004810

The Scooby Doo Show: Mystery Plane Adventures (Headless Horseman)

What's New, Scooby Doo: Haunted Lighthouse (Creepy Keeper; Swamp Monster is original)

- The magazine felt the Mansion lacked play ability and was the worst set in the theme but you should still get it to complete the gang. They feel the reason Velma was put only in this set was for marketing purposes and give people a reason to buy this set.

Edited by kelceycoe

So no more Scooby Doo?

Not even a D2C as a great finale, like Monster Fighters?

What a waste!

Again that is based on a third-party magazine who spoke to the lead designer. I am shocked there are no other interviews with him from any other sources. We already know from a revealed list of 2016 sets that a second Scooby wave wasn't on there but it is always possible we see one for Q4 (Q2 in UK/EU). Then again, in the Ghostbusters Firehouse thread, there are some rumors that a GB theme could come next year based on the female sets. That's just mentioned and by no credible source who could have easily misunderstood other rumors.

If this really is the only wave and characters we ever get than this lineup proves to be even more confusing. Not including some of the most iconic characters like the Creeper and Space Kook seems like a waste. It's even more of a waste to include a made up monster (Mr. Brown) and overly generic monsters like the Ghost (Which features one new print, the head).

I get the feeling we'll see something else from this theme. And who knows, it could pull a Spongebob and one day just come back. And other than getting more monsters there's not really a reason to have sets every year (A CMF could accomplish most of what I want). Possibly they might just be waiting to see how the theme does.

Really though this interview doesn't seem to reveal anything that particularly interesting or new. He didn't really explain any of the things we really wanted to know. With as vague as he was being what are the odds he really knows anything about the future of this theme.

Wow, everything he said in that interview was a disappointment. If they honestly thought the mansion was the worst set, I don't know if we'll see a D2C unless its literally a giant play set like a fun house or circus. Hopefully Lego seriously considers a second wave

Now it's sad that no more after this series of sets, but that might mean Lego could go for another classic cartoon series.......maybe do one a year ?

Just me thinking out loud, oh by the way I brought & built the Zombie set - I totally dig the Mystery Machine.

The stickers really add that classic Scooby Doo feel to it even though the interior is so modern, etc.,.

Usual all that was in the back was Shaggy, Scooby and a sack of food - a really big sack at that ! :laugh:

We still have animated episodes to come out does anyone know when yet?

That hopefully means at least 2 more figures to be bundled, I expect the witch as one

Howd you get them for that at Toys r Us?!

Gutted about Asda... I never get that sort of luck to catch them sort of things on time...

Walk around Toys R Us and you'll see hanging POS stating they "wont be beaten on price"

This is what's quoted on the website...

Toys R Us stores will match any nationally advertised price within 7 days of the advertisement appearing. We will match the price at the time of purchase or within 7 days of purchase. You need to have your original receipt to qualify for price matching. The other retailer must have stock locally at the time of purchase. Coupons cannot be used with price matching. Direct sales, online sales, telesales and mail order offers are excluded

However I've repeatedly gone in and asked if they matched various other retailers both using Photo's on my phone or via showing them the item online, such as the Asda one (sometimes they don't bother checking the out of stock bit)

It'll be interesting to see if a new line of sets is made for this or not... reading the above info has got me thinking that perhaps it's a one off wave so that Scooby & co can be introduced to the Dimensions game.

And that might perhaps be a trend for other characters/licences that get introduced...

eg. create a wave of sets... introduce them to the game... sell out the production and move onto the next licenced character...

Thank you Kelseycoe for the info.

Even if these are the only sets we see, I still think this is a successful theme. There are a lot of positives. You get the whole gang, and they have good printing. You get the Mystery Machine. It is a little smaller than I hoped for, but it is sufficient, and I totally understand the need for stickers. The villian assortment is good. Some of the classic monsters made it to the sets. I would have loved to get a Captain Cutler, Miner 49er, or Space Kook, but fully understand that it would be hard to make everything that everyone wants. The mansion is not too bad. It is designed in mind for kids, and I doubt it was meant to compete with the Haunted House. Having the largest set below $100 makes the line of sets attainable for children and those who desire the nostalgia. I only needed to buy two to get the whole gang, although I might get a couple of the others. The Mystery Mansion also makes an excellent Halloween display set, even better when combined with the Mystery Machine.

We still have animated episodes to come out does anyone know when yet?

That hopefully means at least 2 more figures to be bundled, I expect the witch as one

I'm very curious about the animated special myself so I decided to google "be cool scooby doo lego animated special" and, wouldn't you know...

THE LEGO SCOOBY DOO 22 MINUTE ANIMATED SPECIAL INFO:

Lego Scooby-Doo: Knight Time Terror

A New Movie During Half-Term Scooby-Doo Week

Scooby’s month kicks off on Boomerang with the UK Premiere of the brand new show Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! on Sunday 4th, followed by the Scooby Sundays from 4th to 18th October. Don’t miss Scooby’s best adventures from 9am to 9pm! The “Scooby-Doo Week” starts on 24th October, just in time for some Half Term fun, and the LEGO Scooby movie – Knight Time Terror – is also part of the treat.

Sources:

- https://www.regularc...015-highlights/

- http://scoobysnax1.w...g/category/news

SCOOBY DOO COMPILATION DVD THAT COVERS ALL 8 VILLAINS:

OK, so this isn't a documentary or anything. But it's Warner Bros.' attempt to capitalize on the existing sets with the original episodes from which they are based. There is no mention of "LEGO" in the title or description but this site clearly identifies each monster his or her episode's origin. Those same villains are the same villains currently listed on the official Scooby Doo web site, which I brought to everyone's attention a while ago. It is a Walmart Exclusive in the U.S.

To celebrate the release of the LEGO sets, Wal-Mart has released a store-exclusive DVD "Scooby-Doo: Favorite Frights," which is available now at all Wal-Marts. The set has 8 episodes, all of the episodes on the set feature the villains included in the LEGO set. Luckily for us, there is one new-to-DVD episode, Scoo-Be or Not Scoo-Be from The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries.

Here is the full episode list:

1. What a Night for a Knight (featuring the Black Knight from the Mystery Mansion set)

2. Hassle in the Castle (featuring the phantom from the Mystery Mansion set)

3. A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts (featuring the vampire from the Mystery Mansion set)

4. Scooby-Doo and a Mummy Too (featuring the mummy from the Mummy Museum Mystery set)

5. Which Witch is Which? (featuring the zombie from the Mystery Machine set)

6. Fright House of a Lighthouse (featuring the Creepy Keeper from the Haunted Lighthouse set)

7. The Headless Horseman of Halloween (featuring the Headless Horseman from the Mystery Plane Adventures set)

8. Scoo-Be or not Scoo-Be? (new to DVD, featuring the sea beast from the Haunted Lighthouse set)

Sources:

- http://scoobysnax1.w...ite-frights-dvd

- http://scoobysnax1.w...g/category/news

- http://www.walmart.com/ip/46616295

Edited by kelceycoe

I don't mind if we don't get another wave,quite frankly I still haven't gotten any of the sets from this wave.With Scooby Doo not having more waves there's a good chance we'll get in the future(I don't know how far) another theme similar to Monster Fighters.

Honestly, once I noticed how poorly the villains were bundled together and how shitty the two big sets looked, then how a plane and headless horseman by themselves was lackluster, the Mummy display without being in a museum, and a robotic tree with the mystery machine, just a general slopjob after all, like the new Pirates and the Monster Fighters, I expected TLC to plan for one wave.

Honestly, once I noticed how poorly the villains were bundled together and how shitty the two big sets looked, then how a plane and headless horseman by themselves was lackluster, the Mummy display without being in a museum, and a robotic tree with the mystery machine, just a general slopjob after all, like the new Pirates and the Monster Fighters, I expected TLC to plan for one wave.

You think the Lighthouse and Mansion look shitty? They are actually very good sets...The only thing I don't like about the lighthouse is the skull rock, which can easily be removed.

I don't mind if we don't get another wave,quite frankly I still haven't gotten any of the sets from this wave.With Scooby Doo not having more waves there's a good chance we'll get in the future(I don't know how far) another theme similar to Monster Fighters.

Something tells me they won't be doing more monsters for a while if this theme actually ends.

MORE INTERVIEW TIDBITS...

The sets were designed to try to be modular. You get the Mystery Machine and drive it to each other set to solve the mystery in each set.

The lead designer acknowledge d having Scooby and Shaggy in every set would be redundant. But you can't have a Scooby set without Scooby and you can't have Scooby without Shaggy.