TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

Ah, but remember how many Harry Potter and Batman minifigs we have had.......what's wrong with a clone army of Shaggy's and Scooby's eh ? :laugh:

Ha... yeah... that's true. I am kind of overrun with Harrys myself!

The world would be a much more chilled out place if armies were made up of Shaggys and Scoobys! :classic:

Ha... yeah... that's true. I am kind of overrun with Harrys myself!

The world would be a much more chilled out place if armies were made up of Shaggys and Scoobys! :classic:

Hey, you know what is missing from the two sets so far......

Shaggy-Scooby_Christmas_Scooby-Snacks.jpg

Seriously they always had the munchies......an army of hungry teens and dogs sounds like a horror flick eh ? :laugh:

WB really needs to let nostalgia go and take things from a new perspective you know.For example make a new SD show but with different style.Or atleast change the characters bloody clothes I mean they must be tired wearing the same damn clothes for almost half a century.

WB really needs to let nostalgia go and take things from a new perspective you know.For example make a new SD show but with different style.Or atleast change the characters bloody clothes I mean they must be tired wearing the same damn clothes for almost half a century.

Ah, but would you have Batman or Darth Vader in different costume ?

The clothes maketh the character......only now and again were any of the gang in different clothing.....perhaps swim suits and diving gear. In later series they appeared in different costumes to suit the series/movie.

I think if the theme continues beyond this first wave the minifigure distribution will change some. There are plenty of variations for the gang really as they've changed clothing several times. Scooby on the other hand is designed so that new faces can be printed on him pretty often, so I'm assuming they'll treat him like Spongebob and introduce a couple variations of him per wave. Plus who knows, maybe they'll want a third mold to depict Scooby standing like a human or something. So ultimately there's plenty of variations for at least a couple waves.

They've done different styles and costumes several times. A Pup Named Scooby Doo used Looney Tunes style animation, with new costumes for the gang and a broader sense of humor. Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated was rarely funny and often very violent, including a lot of death and destruction, and to top it off a dark animation style. Be Cool Scooby Doo is animated like Family Guy and has a very sarcastic humor. As for the costumes they changed them in the late 80's and it wasn't until the last show that they adopted their original clothing again.

Ah, but would you have Batman or Darth Vader in different costume ?

The clothes maketh the character......only now and again were any of the gang in different clothing.....perhaps swim suits and diving gear. In later series they appeared in different costumes to suit the series/movie.

I know what do you mean but when I say change clothes I mean update them or something like that.Batman over the years had alot of costumes most of them similar but different in minor details(you know the bat-symbol or the belt)

I know what do you mean but when I say change clothes I mean update them or something like that.Batman over the years had alot of costumes most of them similar but different in minor details(you know the bat-symbol or the belt)

From 1985 to 2008 the gang wore different clothing in each series.

the_13_ghosts_of_scooby_doo.jpg895103_a_pup_named_scoobydoo.jpg6570.jpggetaclue2.jpg

Plus out of four live-action movies they only wear their traditional costumes a few times (Shaggy and Scooby being the exception as they almost always wear their classic costumes with minor changes). Their costumes are also different in the 90's and early 2000's TV movies. They've had a ton of costumes, maybe not as many as Batman, but still a lot.

Edited by strangely

In the original show scooby and shaggy often wore disguises to hide from the monsters. So there is potential for clothing variation at least for shaggy. So wave two could consist of some variations and a different distribution of figures. Beyond that I would they would have to include some of the other characters that appeared through the years.

Yeah... the Spooky Mansion has some nice elements to it but it'll be hard to ever beat the Haunted Mansion from the Monster Fighters theme.... that's just one of my favourite sets from any line... ever!

The Haunted Mansion is in direct competition for "Best Lego Set ever made", at a minimum it comes out high in the top 5 of "best ever" no matter how you evaluate it, so it's going to be hard to top. But the SD Spooky Mansion or whatever it is called looks great, on par with and a slight improvement over the MF Vampyres Castle. Which for a regular retail set, we can't ask for anything more. The Vampyres Castle is a truly fantastic set. Anything that is more of that is welcome.

Is this the first ghost with legs, other than Ghost of Vitrivius? Could it be because its a guy in a ghost costume? The ghosts I'm used to seeing have a 1x2 brick & plate stacked for legs.

Edited by Zarana-X

The only non-strange-looking variations for any of the gang that I can think of would be the aforementioned "Shaggy and Scooby in the aftermath of the first monster-catching-plan in the episode". And any of those would be hilarious to have.

I think it's also down to how they can arrange the distribution of minifigs too.

Will they always include a member of the team in a set? There's a chance that a second wave... or even third wave would then mean the figures in the expensive sets would then appear in the cheaper sets.

We're still probably looking at having 3 maybe 4 Shaggy and Scooby figs in this wave alone.

I don't think anyone wants 10 or so of the same fig after 3 waves of a theme... that's the thing about the gang... they're pretty much always just dressed the same.

There is actually many variations of the gang over the years even in just the first series. Snow gear, swimsuit gear, diving suits, sports gear, dressed up. Then you could have them in different variations for each series (Pup, What's New, Mystery Inc.). Then Scooby and Shaggy in their disguises. Also you could include side characters like Scooby Dum, Scrappy Doo, Red Herring, Sheriff Stone, Hex Girls, Secret Six, Dynomutt, Blue Falcon, Batman & Robin, Globetrotters. And maybe Flim Flam, Van Ghoul, and Phibes from the two worst scooby food ever made. And also all the gangs relatives and guest stars

So there are enough characters

I don't mind the mini figures in their classic Iconic outfits, I'm more interested in the Villains and the Locations, because the SD gang go all over,here are some of the places and villains:

90da4953194502e243e70d7cc1add86c.jpgscooby-doo-loch-ness.jpgFarmhouse_%28Spooky_Space_Kook%29.png

park-combo-crp.jpgCentral_America.pngGold_City.png

Hitc1.jpg

I don't mind the mini figures in their classic Iconic outfits, I'm more interested in the Villains and the Locations, because the SD gang go all over,here are some of the places

You're right with 450 episodes, 25 animated movies, 4 live action, a couple of tv specials and direct to video mini movies. There are half a thousand locations and monsters to use. If Lego wanted to Scooby Doo could run as long as Star Wars and not redo or run out of set ideas!

You're right with 450 episodes, 25 animated movies, 4 live action, a couple of tv specials and direct to video mini movies. There are half a thousand locations and monsters to use. If Lego wanted to Scooby Doo could run as long as Star Wars and not redo or run out of set ideas!

And might just become the volume-seller theme so Speed Champions can make sense!

I'd love to get a circus themed D2C set with Ghost Clown as the villain :wub: :wub: :wub:

bedlam.jpg

Edited by Robert8

I'd love to get a circus themed D2C set with Ghost Clown as the villain :wub: :wub: :wub:

bedlam.jpg

Oh, yeah.....creepy clown lets hope this series goes past a handful of sets so we can get villains upon villains.

bedlam.jpg

Someone should send them an email:

"Watch the pretty coin of gold

And you will do as you are told

In Wave 2 we will get

A Lego Scooby-Doo circus set!"

I like these. The figures all look great (especially Daphne and Velma) and the sets look really nice. I love the classic designs (such as the vampire, Black Knight, and zombie all from the show). I think I'm going to like this theme a lot!

I am most excited to see the Haunted Lighthouse. I wonder what kind of beard the lighthouse keeper will have. It seems like he'll need a new one.

char_37992.jpg

Edited by 8BrickMario

So if the vampire's cape is the new material, which I'm assuming it is, and its dual coloured does that mean it'll be EXTRA thick? I don't own any capes with two colours so I don't know if they're usually thicker but I wonder how a cape with two colours will turn out with the new material.

If the vampire doesn't need to sit in a vehicle, it won't be the soft cape. I wonder if his cape will be one piece like Lord Vampyre's or two like the Alien Villainess's.

I will be disappointed if Velma doesn't have a second face without her glasses.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Is this the first ghost with legs, other than Ghost of Vitrivius? Could it be because its a guy in a ghost costume? The ghosts I'm used to seeing have a 1x2 brick & plate stacked for legs.

The Monster Fighters' Ghost Train had a few with legs, there was a Castle ghost with legs (and yellow hands) once, and a Fright Knights ghost along with a couple Time Cruisers ghosts who also had legs.