TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

I do like the sets, but...I WANT THEM TO BE BASED ON MYSTERY INCORPORATED ! That's pretty much my only wish for this series. I want to have a Big-Fig Crab Man ! I want to have a Professor Pericles ! I want to have the Darrow Mansion, and I don't care how much that set will cost.

But,yeah, similar to the Mosasaurus not appearing in the JW sets, it's just a dream...

Yeah, me too. Mystery INC. are the best SD series so far... Edited by Gongoro73

I think it probably is. A few people complained about getting a generic ghost, but they seem to be unaware of the fact that one of the classic episodes actually featured a generic ghost as the main villain.

Plus there was never really a ghost or monster or alien or whatever just someone in costume getting trapped in the end.......so generic ghost is perfect for a regular minifig to pretend to be a ghost right.....? :wink:

Are you on drugs or something?

Apparently because these sets that we've seen are pretty darn good and the gang look 100x better than any of the monster fighter ones.

Apparently because these sets that we've seen are pretty darn good and the gang look 100x better than any of the monster fighter ones.

I agree, they are the original monster fighters.......well, monster trappers.......ah, "crooks dressed up as monsters" trappers. :laugh:

I think the issue with Monster Fighters was that the "heroes" were kinda plain and boring.

They tried too hard to make them look interesting but they failed.

Edited by Robert8

Couldn't agree more! A LEGO Employee told me recently that another media outlet was going to tease another set soon, but this probably won't matter much because we'll see pictures from the Toy Fairs before that.

I don't normally buy the largest set in most themes, but I have to get the whole gang. The figs will get an honored place. The set designs don't matter to me much, as I'll be using the parts for other things. I might get two Mystery Machine sets, though. One to build, and one to part out. It is as much a character in the show as the gang.

It's too bad, the two non-expensive sets are only includes Shaggy and Scooby Doo only while the rest of the gang like Daphene, Velma, and Fred are in the expensive ones.

From what I've gathered, this is a known list of which of the cartoons these sets come from. They weren't accurate with everything and they even mixed many monsters and components with the Haunted Mansion but here goes it:

Mystery Mansion: What a Night For a Knight (Black Knight) / A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts (Dracula) / A Night of Fright is No Delight (Ghost) / Haunted House Hang-Up (Greenhouse)

Mummy Museum Mystery: Scooby Doo and a Mummy, Too

Mystery Plane Adventures: Haunted House Hang-Up

The Mystery Machine: Which Witch is Which

Haunted Lighthouse: A Clue for Scooby Doo

Mystery Plane Adventures: Haunted House Hang-Up

That set is based on "The Headless Horseman of Halloween"

From what I've gathered, this is a known list of which of the cartoons these sets come from. They weren't accurate with everything and they even mixed many monsters and components with the Haunted Mansion but here goes it:

Mystery Mansion: What a Night For a Knight (Black Knight) / A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts (Dracula) / A Night of Fright is No Delight (Ghost) / Haunted House Hang-Up (Greenhouse)

This should be Hassle in the Castle.

Haunted Lighthouse: A Clue for Scooby Doo

I don't think that's been confirmed yet. It's possible as a lighthouse was in that episode and I suppose that Mrs. Cutler (Who was the lighthouse keeper in the episode and also a witch) and Captain Cutler could have been mistaken for the lighthouse keeper and swamp monster. But until Wednesday we really don't have much of a clue on what episodes the lighthouse is drawing it's inspiration from. And really there's been quite a few episodes involving lighthouses, swamp monsters and lighthouse keepers.

Also maybe it's just a shadow but the outside of the Vampire's cape looks black.

Edited by strangely

And really there's been quite a few episodes involving lighthouses, swamp monsters and lighthouse keepers.

Somehow, this sentence amuses me much more than it should. After all how many shows have these ingredients as a common trio?

I think the issue with Monster Fighters was that the "heroes" were kinda plain and boring.

They tried too hard to make them look interesting but they failed.

I disagree.One of my all time favourite minifigure belongs to this theme.One of the reasons I liked MF is that the "heroes" actually fought the monsters and not trying to avoid them by running around like a bunch of idiots until they figure out how to beat them with a ridiculous "trap". Edited by LOTR34

Yeah... but Monster Fighters, as the title suggests, was about monsters being real and there being some super tough people to fight them.

Scooby Doo is about people being dressed as monsters and some school kids, including a talking dog, being scared of them and basically proving they were just just people dressed up while catching them in an overly elaborate trap... often by complete accident.

For me, the talking dog bit is the big clue for me to suspend my belief in reality and just enjoy it. :wink:

Besides... Monster Fighters didn't have Velma Dinkley... so Scooby wins. :grin:

No argument from me. I hoped the emoticons showed it was very tongue in cheek.

I liked Monster Fighters... As with any Monster based theme aimed at Children once they've gone through the roster of monster types the line will pretty much come to an end.. Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies, Mummies, Swamp Creatures, Frankenstein's Monster, Ghosts, Witches... We had all of those in the first wave... so it was pretty much done.

I like the Monster Fighters team... but ultimately they'll take second stage to the monsters who are the real stars of the line.

Whether the Scooby line last for very long is up for debate... yes there's a long history of villains and monsters for them to draw from but you're going to have a LOT of Shaggys and Scoobys if you carry on the line in the same vain of this wave.

They could always start to add Mystery Inc elements as someone has hoped for in the thread but it's just up to TLG and WB.

Well TMNT survived two years and since there is no evidence about a new wave I think the conclusion is that we wont see more sets any time soon(maybe untill the next movie comes out).For SD I suppose we'll see how well it sells,but I believe we'll get atleast two waves more than that I think it's unnecessary.But as along as it provides spooky places like the upcoming mansion I will welcome it.

Yeah... the Spooky Mansion has some nice elements to it but it'll be hard to ever beat the Haunted Mansion from the Monster Fighters theme.... that's just one of my favourite sets from any line... ever!

Yeah... the Spooky Mansion has some nice elements to it but it'll be hard to ever beat the Haunted Mansion from the Monster Fighters theme.... that's just one of my favourite sets from any line... ever!

HH brought me back from my dark ages... I just simply couldn't believe it the first time I saw it. One of the finest sets ever.

HH brought me back from my dark ages... I just simply couldn't believe it the first time I saw it. One of the finest sets ever.

Yeah... that's not far off for me too. I remember seeing it on S@H before the Lego store opened here in Liverpool and I though it was amazing.

It wasn't until the VIP event in November 2013 that I was able to pick it up with a discount. Glad I did as it retired not long after I think...

It's just one of those builds that'll work for any Monster/Haunted theme. The Scooby Gang would work great in it and having the Mystery Machine parked up outside will look great.

I'd actually bought my 5 yr old daughter a couple of the Character Building figures so she'll be really happy to get some Lego Scooby characters... although in reality I don't think she sees that much difference in them to be honest.

Edited by Robianco

There is no contest between comparing TMNT and SD......Scooby has been around long than the turtles by a decade and a half or so.

It's possible that the length of the theme has already been worked out with or without a extension clause (maybe longer if sales are awesome).

Though my gut says this will work better than Speed Racer and perhaps many of the Disney licenses (excluding Marvel of course, that is a huge Lego cash cow).

I think it's also down to how they can arrange the distribution of minifigs too.

Will they always include a member of the team in a set? There's a chance that a second wave... or even third wave would then mean the figures in the expensive sets would then appear in the cheaper sets.

We're still probably looking at having 3 maybe 4 Shaggy and Scooby figs in this wave alone.

I don't think anyone wants 10 or so of the same fig after 3 waves of a theme... that's the thing about the gang... they're pretty much always just dressed the same.