TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

I admit it, I've never really actually seen Scooby-Doo before, but after they announced the LEGO sets, I started watching the original series on Netflix. It's really good, but I shouldn't have done that because now I HAVE to have the Mystery Machine! :excited:

Like you I was inspired to watch them. I have almost every DVD of it so almost every series they have released. So I'm watching every episode of scooby doo ever before the new lego wave and tv show!

Soooo,what are the chances of getting a bif-fig of Scrappy after he absorbed all the souls from the live-action movie?

Unlikely. This theme seems to be heavily based on the classic shows so far. I think the potential for a normal Scrappy is pretty good if the theme continues. Everybody loves making fun of him, so his inclusion in a future set would be a good idea. I'd actually like to get him along with Scooby-Dum in the future. They're gimmick characters, but a neat inclusion nonetheless.

Really I'm hoping this theme runs for at least three waves. Enough to get the most iconic monsters, a few supporting characters and some interesting Scooby variations.

On the monster front I'm pretty impressed with what we've seen so far. The Zombie, the Vampire and the Black Knight all look pretty close to their animated counterparts (Except for the Knights helmet, but admittedly it does look very similar to the live action movies depiction of his helmet). I'm hoping that the Creeper, Captain Cutler, Charlie the haunted robot, the Ghost Clown, Space Kook and the Phantom Shadows make it into future sets. I can do without the witches and ghosts and Frankenstein's as we have those in spades in the CMF anyway.

Edited by strangely

I'm probably only getting the Mystery Machine (and whatever unrevealed set turns out to be unexpectedly great), but I've got to say that Velma should have removable glasses. I have no idea how that could be done, but preventing kids from recreating the "I can't see without my glasses!" scene? That's just wrong.

Not too much of a fan of Scooby's overly cutesy look, to be honest. He kind of hits uncanny valley, which could have been prevented by making him blockier (which would have the nice side-effect of giving him a more classic LEGO look). Shaggy's facial expression seems kind of awkward, but I'm pretty sure I have at least one minifig head with chin stubble.

The LEGO Ideas Scooby Project had a perfect solution. Double sided head one with glass other side squinting eyes and glasses printed on a 1x2 tile.

I'm super excited for the new Scooby Doo sets, though that image of the new series coming out on the front page of this thread is borderline terrifying.

either way, endless nostalgia surrounding this theme for me :)

Soooo,what are the chances of getting a bif-fig of Scrappy after he absorbed all the souls from the live-action movie?

btjHgmp.png?1

Talking about puppy power ? :laugh:

Serious now, ah.....I think it's only going to be the classic 69-76 Scooby Doo.......so no live action and the Hex Girls......I remember they appeared in the early 2000's.

They would have to do some The 13 Ghosts Of Scooby Doo before getting to the later series.

I do like the sets, but...I WANT THEM TO BE BASED ON MYSTERY INCORPORATED ! That's pretty much my only wish for this series. I want to have a Big-Fig Crab Man ! I want to have a Professor Pericles ! I want to have the Darrow Mansion, and I don't care how much that set will cost.

But,yeah, similar to the Mosasaurus not appearing in the JW sets, it's just a dream...

Better look at Black Knight, he has yellow or white eyes printed on his face:

http://vignette2.wik...=20150125141112

Hopefully those eyes will line up with the more accurate helmet I'm ordering..

Also, maybe I'm reading into this too much, but do you guys think the ghost in the mansion may be based on the ghost from the "hassle in the castle" episode from the original series? Or is it just a standard ghost? :laugh:

ghosthassle.jpg

Lego might also consider doing a mine set with the Miner-49er. They could do a double mine cart that actually moves along some track to enact a chase and trap scene.

I think the waves will not focus on certain series but instead generally classic. I think we'll get more monsters, variations of the gang, Scooby Dum, Scrappy Doo, and maybe a cop, but any more specific characters like Hex Girls or Flim Flam would probably be too specific.

The one hope of a series focused set would be an exclusive I would hope for a Pup Named Scooby Doo set with the scooby doo detective agency treehouse, scoobys doghouse, and Red Herring!

Better look at Black Knight, he has yellow or white eyes printed on his face:

http://vignette2.wik...=20150125141112

Hopefully those eyes will line up with the more accurate helmet I'm ordering..

I wanted to use this for his helmet:

x167.jpg

Unfortunately I don't think it ever came in dark pearl grey. The other styles of helmet I don't like.

I'm hoping these monsters come with a second head to represent their unmasked form (Or at least an alternate face). Really I'm a bit surprised some of these don't come with suspects.

I am impressed with the detail of the monsters so far, even eye colors have been spot on.

Unfortunately I don't think it ever came in dark pearl grey.

Bricklink shows it in Dark pearl grey I believe

These are pretty poor - bring back Monster Fighters!!!

You've got to be joking...

Are those windows on the mansion stickers or printed pieces??

Probably stickers for the narrower paned black windows with broken glass.

Bricklink shows it in Dark pearl grey I believe

According to Bricklink it comes in dark gray, pearl light gray, black and silver.

Lego might also consider doing a mine set with the Miner-49er. They could do a double mine cart that actually moves along some track to enact a chase and trap scene.

Well, someone will end up MOC'ing one anyway.......hmm, I smell not Scooby Snacks but a contest down the track.....do you ? :wink: (hint, hint moderators)