TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

If you want my opinion, maybe Scooby Doo and his meddling kids can break the The Great Cookie Smuggling Cartel of the Detective Agency Modular Set! As the baking and smuggling of the cookies is taking place right under Ace Brickman's nose, he clearly has NO SKILLS to solve that case without their help! Use Velma's smarts and show Ace how it's done!!! ;)

Or maybe Ace IS the one running the operation?

Found a nice picture with the full gang in detail:

2uh79cy.png

I wouldn't be surprised if one of them makes a cameo in The Lego Movie 2. Since it's all owned by WB.

+ Hopefully The Jetsons & The Flintstones will have their own 1 wave-run.

Edited by Cammo

Love the two sets that have been revealed already. :wub: I just hope there is a way we can put the whole gang in the Mystery Machine.

Love the two sets that have been revealed already. :wub: I just hope there is a way we can put the whole gang in the Mystery Machine.

People have said you can't.

Although I am 35 years old, I have no relationship or knowledge about Scooby Doo. Maybe this was before my time or maybe we did not have the right TV channels.

Gigs and sets look well-made. Interesting to have a brickbild carnivore plant in Scooby Doo and a guy in a carnivore plant suit in CMF 14.

Although I am 35 years old, I have no relationship or knowledge about Scooby Doo. Maybe this was before my time or maybe we did not have the right TV channels.

Gigs and sets look well-made. Interesting to have a brickbild carnivore plant in Scooby Doo and a guy in a carnivore plant suit in CMF 14.

fun the brick buildt one looks soo much better.

Those are so great! I was a huge Scooby Doo fan as a kid (my friends and I even dressed up as them a few years ago for Halloween). I was worried the minifigs would look a bit off, but they're great. I'm definitely in for the Mystery Machine and the Mansion.

The Mystery Machine and Mansion look great. I wwsn't expecting to be attracted to this theme, but if the other sets look this good then I'm in!

I don't think so unfortunately. I believe the seating in the front is only 6 studs across and isn't big enough to fit three minifigs (Velma, Daphne, and Fred) since Scooby and Shaggy always sit in the back anyway.

They look fantastic together.

Being a huge Scooby Doo fan since birth I plan on having all of these and several of them.

Edited by snowdogs

you mean the Mystery Machine? > O

|Tarfful

LEGO itself called it "Mystery Mobile" on the official LEGO page *huh*

I'm totally impressed and surprised by the fact how all main characters are favored by giving each of them a new mold. Not only the fact LEGO finally stop extending Elsa's fashion trend, but I think Fred's look is the most generic among them and LEGO usually treat this kind of male characters with certain fixed hairstyles. In conclusion, I hope all four human hairpieces aren't licensed and could be used for more specific characters.

lego-harry-potter-draco-malfoy.jpg ← probably how Fred could have looked like

As for Scooby, I didn't expect posable legs, but I'm not sure if the mold shows his best pose? I assume Scrappy-Doo could be look like Chihuahua from CMF line.

Whatever, I can see LEGO indeed pay more attention to the details than they did to Disney animals. :angry:

The van looks much better than the COBI version. I'll looking forward how LEGO do other monsters and ghosts.

Edited by Dorayaki

I am hoping for future waves as they said in coming years. It would be so easy to make sets with all the locations just in the originals (beach, castle, malt shop, museum, graveyard, tiki place, snow lodge, theater, ghost town, circus, pirate ship), also with the new monster figs we could get new variations of the gang like snow or beach

Those are beautiful looking sets, and as predicted, very cool and useful minifigure parts. I'm glad LEGO put a substantial amount of budget into the minifig designs here!

It would also be wonderful if Scooby's head uses a peg so that you can swap it with the ostrich head - not sure why my mind went there, but it did.

Only problem I see is that Daphne's hair looks a little large. Otherwise, I think the gang looks great! :thumbup: Scooby's head certainly looks articulated which is a great step forward for specially molded characters like him. I thought this theme would just be okay, but now I may have to indulge myself in it a little bit. :grin:

Seeing the minifigures, it's easy to say they are based on the classic show.

While Fred and Shaggy have no noticeable differences between the 2 shows, Velma and Daphne minifigures are clearly based on the classic show according to the length of the sleeves

I wonder why The Brick Fan said this was a "Be Cool, Scooby Doo!" theme

Could the boxes have the "Be Cool, Scooby Doo!" logo just to promote the show?

This theme looks fantastic! So much good stuff!

And to rest the case. Those stickers... AREN'T STAMPs

OiAwpgg.jpg

its funny cause if you look closly lego failed at putting the sticker on as you can see on the dash its coming off or not fully on in the official pics haha :laugh:

OMG :wink: .....somebody screwed up - the radio in the dash is upside down......hmm, maybe that should not be a tile but a slope piece though then I I'm not sure about the humble steering wheel fitting ? :blush:

Are those windows on the mansion stickers or printed pieces??

My guess is that the Roman numerals are printed round tiles.

I admit it, I've never really actually seen Scooby-Doo before, but after they announced the LEGO sets, I started watching the original series on Netflix. It's really good, but I shouldn't have done that because now I HAVE to have the Mystery Machine! :excited: