TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

Just went to the Lego Store to check out what they had in stock as far as all these new August 1st releases go. I picked up the Carnage set and browsed the Scooby Doo section on the wall. They had a plethora of everything. More than a few copies of each set, but it was easy to tell the Mystery Machine was/is their best seller as there were only 2 left.

So, I wouldn't worry that if you don;t get the sets now they'll be gone. Its reassuring to have seen this at my store as I want to pick up the plane set around Halloween.

The Walmart in Canal WINCHESTER, Ohio has only the Mansion left. This is right outside Columbus where the Lego store is so not bad.

Just to keep y'all updated, Lego has posted another stop motion on their YouTube. For those wondering, I haven't had a chance to try the web browser game as of yet.

Here's a link to the video:

At my LEGO Store yesterday, the only set on the SD shelf was a single copy of the Lighthouse!

We don't know much, but there's a "nostalgic" D2C set coming out next year. Could it be from this theme?

Edited by 8BrickMario

^all signs point to it being a 1966 Bat Cave. Which will be awesome.

Sort of related, but there were numerous Scooby episodes with Batman and Robin from that era.

I'd say the D2C is either Scooby Doo or Jurassic Park. I secretly want it to be Harry Potter related. That's nostalgic to licensed themes plus fantastic beasts is coming out next year! I can dream, right?

A circus or an abandoned amusement park!

4808879312_7ffc4f65fb_b.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Another amusement park would be like a cross between Jokerland and the Fairground Mixer, which is why they'd probably go with a more unique circus set.

Interestingly there's an amusement park in the Scooby Doo world in Dimensions and Charlie the Funland Robot appears in the game as well.

Perhaps it might be a hint at what's to come in the sets. A D2C of Funland would be pretty awesome, they could include a decent variety of villains too. Plus it would be almost too easy for Lego to design rides based around specific monsters from the show.

Edited by strangely

I too think an Amusement Park would be a great D2C Scooby-Doo set, although I do tend to think it's a bit unlikely to happen at the moment due to the other sets that are currently available, namely the Jokerland one--which would be at a generally similar price point (both being expensive) and both represent theme parks.

I wonder how many villains it could include however--considering the likelihood that a set that large would simply include the whole gang. That would mean we'd most likely only get two or three other new characters. Still, I think any more monsters for the theme is a good thing.

Perhaps unrelated to 2015, but it was just announced that Scooby-Doo is getting a theatrical animated movie in 2018. This is interesting if you try and consider the longevity of the theme. If it gets waves till then (which doesn't seem likely to me, maybe one or two more), we may see sets based on the movie. Or even if they stop after this one, maybe Lego will pick it back up in 3 years and give us some movie sets. That would be cool.

Edited by Ultron

Perhaps unrelated to 2015, but it was just announced that Scooby-Doo is getting a theatrical animated movie in 2018. This is interesting if you try and consider the longevity of the theme. If it gets waves till then (which doesn't seem likely to me, maybe one or two more), we may see sets based on the movie. Or even if they stop after this one, maybe Lego will pick it back up in 3 years and give us some movie sets. That would be cool.

The movie is by Warner Bros animation too (like the TLM!), so I'm sure we'll get sets if the theme sells as well as it is now in 2016

Edited by Soupperson1

Any signs of a Scooby Doo polybag out there in the wild? Given the size of the line, I'm surprised we haven't seen one.

There actually was a polybag given out as apart of the "#LEGOScoobyDoo" Mystery builder campaign. Although, it is apparently exclusive to that giveaway. It's just a bunch of 2x2 bricks and plates that make up the gang. I don't believe any of the parts are exclusive to it whatsoever, but I could be wrong.

As for any others, haven't seen one and haven't seen any reports of one. Maybe one in October? Such as, buy X amount of stuff, get free set.