TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

Maybe we will be getting a second wave with more obscure figures? Hex Girls, please? Lego? :wub:

This cannot be stated enough!

These are selling spectacularly well for sure. I went back to my Toys R Us again, and there'll already almost all gone. I hope it doesn't get too hard to find all of these in stores too.

biplane set and mystery machine are sold out on Shop @ Home for Europe/Australia/New Zealand, the other 3 (mansion, lighthouse, museum) are still available.

I'm loving this series!

Only have the Mystery Machine and mansion so far. Had to make some slight modifications to the car to fit everyone inside though. I just removed the sink and stove and now Shaggy and Velma can sit in the back with Scooby. I don't know why LEGO didn't build it that way, it looks so much better.

I am glad to hear that it looks good.

All four need to be up front somehow with Scooby in the back.

We don't even have the sets in Target yet. We were in the store first thing today looking for the new Scooby sets.

The news of them selling out makes me think it worth ordering online. I would much rather go and take the box off the shelf and take it right home to build.

Our local target doesn't have them yet. The were also REALLY slow to put out the jurassic world sets too. We got two of the scooby sets from toys r us before they were supposed to be released and two more yesterday. And that cleaned them out! Now all but the lighthouse is out of stock on S@H! Petty crazy!

All four need to be up front somehow with Scooby in the back.

Shaggy never sits in the front though, so it only needs to fit three

Just finished building the Mystery Machine this morning, It pretty damn awesome! I'm going to MOD it so that the whole gang can fit in it properly :)

Did anyone else open their box to disappointment? Book number one and the sticker sheet were squished pretty good, right on top! :( I don't EVER put the stickers on but you kind of have to with the Mystery Machine! And when I got to the bag with the new weird shaped windshield it has some scratches in it :( Looks like a call to customer service is in my near future...

Finally put together the Mansion, Plane and Mystery Machine and all three are excellent. I have to say they did a stellar job designing the Mystery Incorporated gang, they all look absolutely perfect. My one complaint is that the leg printing for Daphne is a little weak, the skin tone on the sides is solid while the front is partially faded. I can't tell if that's just the way it came or if it's an actual defect in the printing that should be better.

I might have to mod the Mystery Machine a bit to add the entire gang. I was also thinking about adjusting the wheels some, I think they might stick out a bit too much. The tree monster is awesome though.

The mansion is pretty awesome all the way around. Interestingly it sits as tall as the Palace Cinema. I'll probably add on a few rooms to make it a bit more complete. I wish the Black Knights armor were a bit more accurate to the show, it looks good but not great.

The plane actually turned out a bit boring for me, the build is pretty similar to the Pharaoh's Quest one. Outside of the minifigures there's not much going on for this set. It's nice but maybe a bit underwhelming.

Buying up many multiples of every lego set in sight just so you can scalp them should be illegal. There should be a strict limit as to how many of each set you can buy in one trip that stores should have to enforce.

I bought the Mystery machine, the Airplane set, and the Mansion. I am happy with these 3 sets for now, I think, even though all these sets are awesome. I have the whole gang, and some cool sets, and monsters/bad guys. I modded the greenhouse section of the haunted mansion, so that its double in size. With the 2 that came with the mansion, and the Headless horseman from the plane set, I have 3 of those cool jack o lantern pieces. I also made another plant monster. I think I may use that greenhouse section for Poison Ivy's hideout too.

I am going to bust out my Haunted house from the Monster Hunters line.If that's not screaming for the Scooby gang to be running around in, then idk what is.

My one complaint is that the leg printing for Daphne is a little weak, the skin tone on the sides is solid while the front is partially faded. I can't tell if that's just the way it came or if it's an actual defect in the printing that should be better.

I think it might just be Lego's design. When I got the Scarlett Witch from the Marvel series I didnt realsie she was wearing a skirt till I saw a picture of her. And realised the weird colour was supposed to be a skin tone colour.

Nowadays TLC does not produce a large amount upon release. We've seen this multiple times. It always appears these sets are sold out yet they keep coming back until eventually no more sells. It's TLC's way to poking fun at the ridiculous aftermarket whose bubble is about to bust.

I assure you, you'll see these sets again. They weren't even this popular at Comic Con.

Buying up many multiples of every lego set in sight just so you can scalp them should be illegal. There should be a strict limit as to how many of each set you can buy in one trip that stores should have to enforce.

They already do that with exclusives, if I'm not mistaken, limiting them to 1 or 2 or 5 on the LEGO Shop. I don't see at all how that would be enforceable with wide release sets at retailers like Target though. They will surely be restocked several times and I'll be able to get my kid all the ones he wants. In the meantime, the Velma, Daphne, and Headless Horseman minifigs are going for more than $15 each on BrickLink...

I sold a Velma and Daphne for £27 and £12 earlier. I bought the mystery mansion and sold the figures so the mansion was near enough free. Then I will buy a second one for the mansion and for the figs and see if I can extend the mansion with the spare parts.

I am going to bust out my Haunted house from the Monster Hunters line.If that's not screaming for the Scooby gang to be running around in, then idk what is.

Please upload some pictures of the Mansion next to the House if you can! Thanks!

Just went to Toys R US in Vienna, WV. He said they order 4 pieces of each set. The Plane has already sold out (they put them out almost 2 weeks ago) yet there was no placeholder for the set itself. They had 1 van, 2-3 lighthouses and mansions and 3 mummies after I bought a van and Mummy set. So no one is buying these in exodus and keeping them in stock queue in the back. Walmarts around here are just now putting them out.

I've now got the Mystery Machine, the Mansion and the Plane. The first two are great but the plane is underwhelming and a bit ugly looking to me personally.

I managed to make some simple changes to the mystery machine so as it sits 3 figs in the cab. Basically the way I did this was add an extra studs depth to it so as it's 6 by 3 rather than 6 by 2, so a figure can be sat one stud further back between the original seating areas on either side. I also made some other small changes but that's unimportant.

I don't get why Daphne has flesh leg printing though...she always wore pink tights right?

Among other things that'd be nice to have, of which there are loads, I would quite like having a grinning scooby face and also a super scared shaggy with a new hair piece for when his hair stands on end. https://dreager1.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/754383-shaggy_super.jpg

Edited by Mutant Orc

The newest show lacks the tights, so WB might have insisted she match that version. Or perhaps the pink looked weird printed on the purple. Really they could have done dual molded legs with a light purple for the bottom (for her shoes) and printed the tights over that. But that would probably be a costly upgrade.

And more Johnny Thunder subliminal messaging! All these appearances--he has to be making a comeback!

And more Johnny Thunder subliminal messaging! All these appearances--he has to be making a comeback!

Exactly!

Last year with TLM and now with Scooby Doo

I loved the nostalgia feeling I got when I saw the old '90s vhs cassette tape piece in the Mystery Mansion. That's cool Shaggy has different faces between the Mummy and Van sets. You can remove the sink and stove to put the other 2 gang members there. The tree is really cool looking. The van is smaller in length from the Ecto-1 (which I extended my length by almost double so I could fit all 4 ghostbusters and their packs inside) and from the Vampyre Hearse from MF. I would not remind buying 2 just to extended it - it would look about as goofy as my stretch Ecto-1 does now (it looks like a stretched hearse).

Not fond of the lighter coloring on Shaggy since the sleeves just blend with the flesh tone (should have a black or gray line to show the end of the sleeve). It makes them look like cheap Dollar General block sets.

Scooby is too light brown and his eyes don't always look like they have full printing.

I recall someone on here making review videos and they treated the magnifying glass like it's the greatest thing since slice bread. This piece has been in TLC's collection since at least the late '90s when the Adventures theme came about and they magnitized then as they do now. You want neat? I remember the early '90s having Space themes with magnets and 3D decoders where you had red and blue trash can lids that decoded red/blue color codes. That was awesome, maybe also because I was a kid.

The lists for 2016 right now don't show additional Scooby sets coming but as we know that doesn't always mean anything especially since none of the Dimensions packs are there. This wave would make a return and it could not. Possibly closer to next August again. But don't base it off of early figures - like I already said, stores are only getting few of these sets in as pieces and once those numbers sell then they'll get more in. My Toys R Us still had at least one set of each except for the Plane (and they didn't look like they even had it in) and that was after buying 4 pieces of each set. That's not already a good sign if they're buying so low quantity and after 2 weeks still have about 50% left not to mention Walmarts around here are taking their time getting these sets out.