TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

Star Wars is really repetitive too and still sells well. Practically every wave they have a redone set. Not to mention almost all of the sets are ships.

Star Wars and Scooby Doo aren't the same by a long shot. And yes, nearly every wave has a remake. However a lot of those remade sets are years apart from the last time they were made. There might be five to ten years between some remakes. And Star Wars has the benefit of being a much bigger franchise.

When it comes to hero characters Star Wars has three main casts across three trilogies and that doesn't even count TV shows, video games and comic books. Plus almost all of those characters have a handful of variations due to changing looks/costumes across the years (Usually with drastically different costume styles and colors). Plus they have a ton of villains and an entire universe of supporting characters. And the fan base is so large and demanding even characters like Willrow Hood have become an action figure.

Scooby Doo on the other hand only has five hero characters (More if you want to add gimmick characters like Scrappy into the mix). There is some variation to their costumes, but most aren't particularly notable or drastic. When it comes to monsters/villains there's quite a few of them, but a lot of them repeat the same gimmicks. For instance the Zombie we're getting this year is one of five identical Zombies that's appeared throughout the franchise, each one is just a color swapped version of the first Zombie. This Zombie isn't even the same one from Where are you, but looks so alike that few people actually recognize the difference. And that's not particularly uncommon for Scooby Doo as the Black Knight and the Mummy have the same problem. So even though there's probably hundreds of monsters there's probably less than a hundred that people are dying to have.

Finally Scooby Doo has very repetitive locations and very few vehicles, and considering a fair share of Lego products are just vehicles that's kind of a problem. It can be a challenge to do location based sets and fit them into small price points, hence the cavalcade of vehicles we get in most themes. This first wave alone already is giving them mystery machine colored vehicles they never owned.

Scooby Doo has a lot of source material, but not the amount Star Wars has. And it definitely doesn't have the fan base that Star Wars has nor the billions of dollars in revenue to back it up. I love Scooby Doo and I hope it has many waves, but I don't expect it too. Now there's every possibility that the new show and movies might be a smash hit and reinvigorate the franchise to a point where the WB might want Lego to keep on making sets, but for the time being I just don't see that happening (Though I hope it does).

Edited by strangely

Scooby-Doo has a large existing fan base, a wealth of existing subject matter, and both a TV show and movie in the near future. All these things will hopefully give this a longer run than TMNT.

To be fair I think TMNT would have continued for much longer, but LEGO lost the rights to MEGA BLOKS. So it really depends on how well they sell and having the rights.

LEGO really needs a "spooky" theme cause I missed out on Monster Fighters (I really do wish they would bring back that theme, all I have is the Haunted House though)

I feel like I am the only one who has ZERO interest in ANYTHING Star Wars, the franchise never appealed to me...

Star Wars never grabbed my interests either.

LEGO DIMENSIONS has just been announced as a new video game. While right now this is totally off-topic, the fact that this game is introducing the first official WIZARD OF OZ set into the LEGO world and bringing us the Wicked Witch minifigure, with many more of these xpansion packs expected for the rest of 2015, opens the possibility that LEGO Scooby Doo could be added into this cross-universe mashup game. That can help determine the healthiness of the SD line as almost all kids and a huge majority of adults play video games.

And it also means like the fifth Witch minifigure, if you don't count the 3 Bellville witches (I recall Fright Knight witch, Evil Witch, Witch CMF and Witch from Halloween accessory pack thus far).

I feel like I am the only one who has ZERO interest in ANYTHING Star Wars, the franchise never appealed to me...

You're not the only one.

Personally I wouldn't say no for atleast one more wave,after all I still hope for a set featuring the witch and her house from the episode "Which witch is which".Or a graveyard for that matter.

Edited by LOTR34

LEGO DIMENSIONS has just been announced as a new video game. While right now this is totally off-topic, the fact that this game is introducing the first official WIZARD OF OZ set into the LEGO world and bringing us the Wicked Witch minifigure, with many more of these xpansion packs expected for the rest of 2015, opens the possibility that LEGO Scooby Doo could be added into this cross-universe mashup game. That can help determine the healthiness of the SD line as almost all kids and a huge majority of adults play video games.

BUT, it also means we'd be getting yet another Scooby figure (most logical choice).

I'm betting Scooby will be included considering it's also owned by Warner Bros, plus the house from the opening credits of the second season of Where Are You is on the right side of the Dimensions box. It might be a nice opportunity to get a couple of variations. Who knows, they're releasing the Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz so I'd say it's possible we'll get some Scooby monsters from this. I mean I'm floored we didn't get the Creeper this year, who knows maybe they're saving him for that.

Edited by strangely

Same here...

I've seen some interesting stuff here and there but that's it. Since it first appeared in 1999, I didn't like it

LEGO really needs a "spooky" theme cause I missed out on Monster Fighters (I really do wish they would bring back that theme, all I have is the Haunted House though)

Well.... this is a spooky theme. It's MF replacement actually.

I'm betting Scooby will be included considering it's also owned by Warner Bros, plus the house from the opening credits of the second season of Where Are You is on the right side of the Dimensions box. It might be a nice opportunity to get a couple of variations. Who knows, they're releasing the Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz so I'd say it's possible we'll get some Scooby monsters from this. I mean I'm floored we didn't get the Creeper this year, who knows maybe they're saving him for that.

I literally cropped it and zoomed in to it the best I could from the Hi-Res pic listed at Lego.com's press release through their Newsroom... if it is that house then the image was flipped horizontal because the tree is on the opposite side. Could also be the Mystery Mansion. Either way that tree definitely looks like Scooby Doo animation. Check it out yourself... https://www.dropbox....obspec.JPG?dl=0

There is also a lighthouse, the same red/white stripes at the Scooby one, below it. [scratch that, I think its the Tower that appears in the LOTR Fun pack).

Obviously this all is still speculation.

Edited by kelceycoe

16910478520_d2a52ae0f1_o.png056046e366f3830f0feb924f0e2fc7d7.jpg

That's a pretty clear match to me. Same glowing window, roof and pillars.

Except the tree is on the other side dude. Seriously, look at the details. I'm not saying it isn't Scooby Doo but the houses are not exactly the same.

Except the tree is on the other side dude. Seriously, look at the details. I'm not saying it isn't Scooby Doo but the houses are not exactly the same.

Is that sarcasm? The tree's placement doesn't matter. It's almost a perfect match!

Someone on the game's thread said they thought Shaggy and Scooby appeared on the blurry pic on the top of the Starter Pack's box.

Witch CMF and Witch from Halloween accessory pack

These are the same figure actually. Oh but there is the halloween series with a 2nd CMF witch on the way.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

You're not the only one.

Personally I wouldn't say no for atleast one more wave,after all I still hope for a set featuring the witch and her house from the episode "Which witch is which".Or a graveyard for that matter.

They could include the armored car build as well. And I definitely would go for a haunted castle, haunted pirate ship, and a old west ghost town/ haunted mine.

They could include the armored car build as well. And I definitely would go for a haunted castle, haunted pirate ship, and a old west ghost town/ haunted mine.

I would definitely like to see another wave featuring a ghost town (with a saloon/hotel and mine), a pirate ship and maybe a swamp, a circus set, a tiki beach, a haunted theater, forest/shack, and the Funland amusement park with the Charlie the Robot!

Meh. Like I said before, they would make the most bucks of making sets based on recent incarnations. But, since all the sets are marketed to kids, we probably won't see sets based on Mystery Incorporated or Zombie Island. BTW, is there a Scooby game coming out ?

BTW, is there a Scooby game coming out ?

One of the worlds in Lego Dimensions appears to be based on the theme. As for a game solely devoted to Scooby not so far.

Well looks like the guy from The Brick Fan reads these forums, especially the Dimension forum because now he's speculation the house is the Scooby Doo house and swears he sees Shaggy and Scooby in the pixelated box art of the Xbox one version of the starter pack.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-dimensions-future-theme-speculation/

Brick Fan references Eurobricks all the time, we've known that forever. Though that house is so obviously from Scooby Doo they wouldn't need to see it here to figure that one out.

I really love the museum set, haunted mansion/castle the lighthouse set the most, but i actually really LOVE them all. :wub_drool: The museum set could be cool for a bigger museum MOC or an Egypt MOC. Good for displaying the CMF Egyptian soldier sets from series 13. The greenhouse in the mansion is great for poison ivy from batman too. All these MOC ideas are great, but every set has a great play and display value. 9/10 stars for me. :head_back::thumbup: :thumbup: