TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

What??? Why?

We already saw the sets. That means they are being produced by now (if not already produced)

What could have happened to force them to delay the release 5 months??

It makes 0 sense to me :look:

But this is not official yet, right? So I would hold my hopes up high that the sets will be here this year :)

Not sure about the rest of the world, but my sources tell me it is for sure being released August/September in North America.

Edited by luvembricks

I don't see a printed cheese slope.. where do you see it? Second pic, the green one on the mid-right? Think this might be just light reflections...

Looking again, reflection yes, of the crowbar. It looked like some worm or centipede. The Shaggy torso reminds me of an actual scene where that happened in one of the shows. The skis and boat were a different color, but I think Scooby was driving the boat.

These sets seem to be designed invoke nostalgia of the old shows, but avoid specificity so as to appeal to a larger swath of Scooby fans. The stories these sets depict are ones that have been recycled throughout most of the successive series. The larger sets have multiple villains that are modeled after or inspired by ones in the various series, but most have no direct connection with one another.

There are so many types of villains from over the years that TLG could do this for quite some time to appeal to the adult fans, but with the new show debuting, and a movie on the horizon, I think following sets will be closer to Be Cool than anything else. Hopefully the show will do enough recycling to give us classic fans some version of our favorite villains.

The recoloring of the vehicles is probably a two-fold reason:

1) Visual interest focus. The original shows had very bland colors used in any vehicle that wasn't the Mystery Machine. This helped when the focus was on the action of the characters, and not on what they are getting around in (often recklessly). The sets, on the other hand, require some eye-catching ability because of the box's static image.

2) Responsibility. The vehicles colored the same as the Mystery Machine will make them seem to kids as if they belong to the gang, even though in the original depiction they were borrowed (often without permission). The gang's antics in these vehicles never had any real consequences, but if the vehicles belong to the gang, they are not misusing someone else's property. Maybe in the new show the gang will actually own these, though I find that idea implausible. Cartoon logic.

Edited by gedren_y

The recoloring of the vehicles is probably a two-fold reason:

1) Visual interest focus. The original shows had very bland colors used in any vehicle that wasn't the Mystery Machine. This helped when the focus was on the action of the characters, and not on what they are getting around in (often recklessly). The sets, on the other hand, require some eye-catching ability because of the box's static image.

2) Responsibility. The vehicles colored the same as the Mystery Machine will make them seem to kids as if they belong to the gang, even though in the original depiction they were borrowed (often without permission). The gang's antics in these vehicles never had any real consequences, but if the vehicles belong to the gang, they are not misusing someone else's property. Maybe in the new show the gang will actually own these, though I find that idea implausible. Cartoon logic.

3) Brand recognition. Even without the minifigures the vehicles still all signify what brand the set is attached to. It's why Spider-man uses red and blue vehicles, why Batman uses black (and sometimes very dark grey) and why Jurassic World uses blue.

This series seems like a mix between Pharaoh's quest and Monster Hunters and to an extent that works. The sets are well designed and serve their function, so why be innovative with them when they can simply rehash elements of what we already had. The most noteable examples being, The Mystery Plane Adventures set = essentially our version of Flying Mummy Attack from Pharaoh's Quest with a similar vehicle design AND Mystery Mansion = essentially our version of Vampyre Castle from Monster Fighters with a similar main tower design.

Though one of my main issues with the sets sadly falls on the colour schemes. The big set of the wave, Mystery Mansion looks amazing, but the colours and cartoony clock ruin the 'dark vibe' presented by the villains. I suppose they want a balance between cartoony and scary, but it ends up leaning a little too much towards cartoony. The only set that blends the two well in my mind is the Mummy Museum Mystery which ignores the comedic elements. This seems like a rejected idea for a Pharaoh's Quest set that got jumbled in, which is odd because its one of the two best sets in the line (The other being the Mystery Machine)

Sadly i feel the focus is more on collecting all the gang when it really should have been on the monsters, nobody really desires to have an army of Scooby Doo characters, yet getting every set gives you;

- 5 Scooby Doo's

- 5 Shaggy's

- 2 Daphne

- 1 Velma

- 1 Fred

Yet this is only the first wave in what i hope will end up getting more sets, i feel like the market will be flooded with Scooby's.

Though i do hope we get some more iconic villains in future such as;

- A mine entrance with Miner Forty-Niner

- A set with Tar Monster

- A ghostly pirate ship set with the Ghost of Captain Cutler and Redbeard's Ghost

- A big set with the 10,000 Volt Ghost and some Skeleton Men

I really like the look of this theme, I never saw it coming.

The Mystery Machine looks a little, I dunno, chunky? I don't know, but I still love the look nevertheless, looking forward to the release.

That castle is just amazing! For sure that and the Mystery Machine will be day one buys for me. And I cannot wait to get my hands on another Lego Vampire--especially considering this one has a spectacular matching coffin. Ooo! I just want to build Scooby Doo MOCs now! It's going to be a torturous wait until August to get these!

Has anyone pointed out the cartoonish render of the minifigures on the top of each box? They're pretty cool.

ulT4y2n.png

LEGO-Scooby-Doo-Mystery-Mansion-Spiked-Ball-Booby-Trap-640x853.jpg

Huh that spiked ball looks really clumsy.Might as well avoid building it once I buy the set.

New-York-Toy-Fair-2015-LEGO-Scooby-Doo-Mystery-Manor-Kitchen-640x480.jpg

Btw I was thinking to remove the safe from the second floor and replace with clock from ghost polybag(from the MF theme).What do you guys think,will it fit??

Edited by LOTR34

I hate that spiked ball. It's way too huge. Definitely not putting that in. If you look above it though, there's a little ledge with a picture of what appears to be miner 49-er

I think that spiked ball needs work. Maybe a few plates to raise the floor and some work with studded technic beams to cause a floor to swing away in concert with the appearance of the spiked ball. The technic beam in between the two spiked ball halves is also kinda annoying.

I really like that castle. It reminds me of various Hogwarts sets, fantastic!

I hate that spiked ball. It's way too huge. Definitely not putting that in. If you look above it though, there's a little ledge with a picture of what appears to be miner 49-er

It's the Prospector from CMF Series 12

71007_detail_prospector.jpg?l.r=335027195

LEGO-Scooby-Doo-Mystery-Mansion-Spiked-Ball-Booby-Trap-640x853.jpg

Huh that spiked ball looks really clumsy.Might as well avoid building it once I buy the set.

New-York-Toy-Fair-2015-LEGO-Scooby-Doo-Mystery-Manor-Kitchen-640x480.jpg

Btw I was thinking to remove the safe from the second floor

I plan on removing the spiked ball too and making two separate floors/rooms there maybe an entry and a library. And I'll probably take out the safe for a bedroom.

Edited by JusticeAvengingFellowship