TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

Were there plans to make more waves or is this just a one time deal(like poor Lone Ranger)? Because I want Velma in a smaller set.

I guess we'll get more SD waves

There are plenty of villains and episodes to produce more sets.

I guess we'll get more SD waves

There are plenty of villains and episodes to produce more sets.

While I hope we will get more waves, LotR/Hobbit is an example that wealth of material doesnt necessarily mean more sets... :sceptic:

Licenses depend on existing media and popular interest to be profitable. Fan bases outside of Lego are a large portion of sales. People not normally interested Lego will buy sets based on something from their favorite TV show/movie/comic book, and then hopefully gain an appreciation for Lego and buy sets from other themes.

Scooby-Doo has a large existing fan base, a wealth of existing subject matter, and both a TV show and movie in the near future. All these things will hopefully give this a longer run than TMNT.

Were there plans to make more waves or is this just a one time deal(like poor Lone Ranger)? Because I want Velma in a smaller set.

It's certainly possible. When the theme was announced it was also said that direct to video movies would be released in the future to tie-in with the theme, so that does seem to imply some future plan for the theme.

While I hope we will get more waves, LotR/Hobbit is an example that wealth of material doesnt necessarily mean more sets... :sceptic:

Definitely true. Scooby should hold up better because of the cross generational appeal and the fact that the show is always on at least one channel, and there is other merchandise out there supporting the franchise. Even if this does become a one off production, they already have the big five and the Mystery Machine, which will be seen by most as being the most crucial elements. If Scooby got the LOTR treatment, we would be missing at least one gang member, and possibly the van. But we would get Scooby Dum, another obscure character that only appeared in the Japanese version, and possibly a pirate ship </end rant>

If by that you mean there aren't sets for everything in the movies one might like, then sure, but there are still a pretty good number of sets for the Middle-Earth films. There are, what - five waves' worth, released over a three-year period, with promo polybags, convention exclusives, etc., right? That's no small amount. It might not be everything fans want, but I'd say Middle-Earth actually did get a lot of sets. The theme(s) got more than pretty much any other licensed theme ever save for Star Wars, Harry Potter and Superheroes. It pretty clearly did get more sets than it would have if it had been based on one or two movies rather than six.

Plus they should make a special TV Movie or show in LEGO like The Simpsons episode "Brick Like Me".

Just like Batman and Robin, but this will be Emmet and Wyldstyle from the LEGO Movie.

Agreed. Hopefully the future waves of sets will be based on either What's New Scooby Doo or Scooby Doo Mysteries Incorporated, not the 2015 TV series.

Edited by legofanatic12

Plus they should make a special TV Movie or show in LEGO like The Simpsons episode "Brick Like Me".

Just like Batman and Robin, but this will be Emmet and Wyldstyle from the LEGO Movie.

Something like that would be really cool to see in the TV special in august or in those possible DTV movies that they were talking about in the press release from a few months ago.

SCOOBY DOO cross-promoted with LEGO MAGAZINE in 1998: Evidence and Photos to Prove It

Pass this to everyone you know...

Thanks to a Netherlands site archiving past LEGO magazines, TLC and SCOOBY DOO did indeed partner for one issue. They included a lengthy comic and even a page devoted to the sweepstakes where you could have LEGO sets delivered to your house by Scooby Doo and gang in a mystery machine (obviously a gimmick).

Here is the full issue which presents this evidence.

http://www.miniland.nl/LEGOclub/lego%20mania%20magazine%20sep%20oct%201998.htm

Those were the days...LEGO mascots who weren't minifigures!

Like the Lego Maniac and the very first LEGO mascot. Those LEGO mascots are not in minifigure form like Max from LEGO Club and the LEGO Store Employee minifig in LEGO Shop@Home.

It is gonna be cool if a LEGO Maniac made as a minifigure.

Edited by legofanatic12

It won't let me upload the file but I also have the instructions posted to the Lego Club in 2011 about the Mystery Van. It was a red and yellow version and they alluded to Scooby Doo by referencing Scooby's backstory as one of the ways you can play with the van. You can find it online but it has to be through an archive.

This agrees with what the Haunted House designer wrote on Brickset about the Monster Fighters line and how they envisioned it years before it came out.

2011van.zip

Edited by kelceycoe

People I just got notice that not this year but in 2016 everything comes from but it is still a rumor. Does anyone know if something more.

People I just got notice that not this year but in 2016 everything comes from but it is still a rumor. Does anyone know if something more.

Wait, so there's more in 2016? I always trust you legomilk!

It's quite possibly postponed and they are expected in 2016 with something at but what I unfortunately do not know.

The Dutch webshop Brickshop.nl seems to confirm legomilk's rumour:

In 2016' date=' LEGO intruduces a brand new theme: Scooby Doo! Scooby Doo is one of the longest running TV series in de USA. The series, with the Great Dane Scooby Doo as the main character, has been broadcasted since 1969.[/quote']

Source

The Dutch webshop Brickshop.nl seems to confirm legomilk's rumour:

Source

Welp, that's a shame. I wonder if it's only for Europe or worldwide. I have a feeling the US release is not delayed. LEGO is really pushing this to be released by Halloween in the US.

A delay makes no sense. :wacko: Does Lego even allow delays? I mean, come on, I've never heard of that happening before--because Lego would never tell us; Lego only shows off what will be coming out soon, never ever anything they are not sure absolutely sure will be on the shelves soon. Lego plans too much for this kind of thing to happen, this late in the game (of the theme). Lego would not delay an entire wave that has already been announced and shown off to the public in it's completed form--boxes and all. There's no way Lego would hold off on it now for a year; as they have everything planned out years in advance for their production schedules anyways. I just don't see it happening. Nothing but vile rumor says I!

Welp, that's a shame. I wonder if it's only for Europe or worldwide. I have a feeling the US release is not delayed. LEGO is really pushing this to be released by Halloween in the US.

This. An August release with some advertising would no doubt make the run up to Halloween very busy as Scooby is somewhat a de facto monster theme in the making. Sure hope it is not 2016--August is long enough to wait in itself and it already had all that exposure in the toy fairs with finalized versions of the sets and the boxes.

I doubt TLC would delay it. Video games like Mortal Kombat X was delayed for the PS3 and Xbox 360 and Monster High was delayed by MegaBloks for an entire year after initially being revealed at a toy fair. But this would be unheard if TLC actually delayed these sets after revealing them. I'm guess either that site doesn't know an exact date and is estimating so when it comes out before they get praise or that's an European release date, which always seems later than the US in almost everything.

I can't believe they would be delayed. They made CMF S14 to coincide with these sets, so why change the release? I think it's just a rumor and a typo (the 6 key is right next to the 5, after all).

Short of a natural disaster I don't see these sets being delayed. Lego themselves confirmed the release date only a month ago. So I highly doubt anythings changed since then.

Why would they be delayed? We've already seen official pics and sets and everything...no reason to delay.

Be Cool, Scooby-Doo begins airing this year. The upcoming Scooby-Doo movie is still 'in development' according to IMDb, and it has an animation tag though the rumor said live action. This may be the issue here. The currently known sets will most likely launch with the show, but movie sets (if they come) will probably be some ways out.