TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

I doubt a Scrappy fig would be in high demand. There's a reason TV Tropes uses his name to describe an unintentionally hated character. Personally, I hope they stick with the classic nostalgia and stick closer to the original show, since those designs are the most recognizable and iconic.

I don't think there's a high demand either, but if this theme goes on for more than one wave it'll get repetitive getting the same characters again and again. Ultimately it might be in their best interest to use some of the gimmick characters to fill in the crew when the minifigure lineup starts to get repetitive. Plus he is part of the nostalgia of Scooby Doo, the 80's era of the show can be summed up in one minifigure and that would be him.

Of course to me this only applies to the protagonists of the series. For villains I pretty much only want monsters from the original series and maybe a selected handful from the later shows.

Edited by strangely

I always liked Scrappy, to be honest. Scrappy and Scooby represent the two most common dog personalities: the dog that acts brave until something bigger than it comes along, which causes it to look to a human for protection, and the overenthusiastic, yappy and sometimes aggressive dog that needs constant supervision to stop it from killing itself.

I don't see how they would do the 10,000-Volt Ghost at all. It would be difficult if not impossible to replicate the electric glow, and if not, it's a really basic orange minifigure that isn't the right shape for a minifig, either.

Take glow in the dark pieces. Cross-print it with zig-zagging, "hollow" orange lines. Voila.

In way 2 I would also love to see scrappy love him or hate him he was in a lot of shows and is part of the history.

I don't see how they would do the 10,000-Volt Ghost at all. It would be difficult if not impossible to replicate the electric glow, and if not, it's a really basic orange minifigure that isn't the right shape for a minifig, either.

Maybe a trans bigfig would work for that monster. I do wonder if this theme goes on if it will end up getting any bigfigs, there are certainly big monsters in the show.

Maybe a Scooby Dum, Batman & Robin, Hex Girls, or maybe even a Scrappy would be cool.

Maybe they will produce it next year or in the future. For the Batman & Robin one, I think they will be based on their 1966 appearance.

I can't wait for all the mocs, because you have so much material to take from over 375 episodes, 12 shows, 4 theatrical films, 8 tv specials, 23 direct-to-video movies, 6 direct to video specials, numerous crossovers on dynomutt, richie rich, and Laff-a-lympics, and so many guest stars and characters. Over 46 years of history to take from!

I can't wait to see the first MOC's with those meddling kids and a dog, hmmm......I wonder if we'll ever see a Lochness Monster ?

Plus I actually wonder if Lego are going to sit on their hands to wait and see if this theme takes off ?

Lego has been burn't before by producing sets based on TV series......though in this case in a way linked to multiple TV series and film releases.

Plus I actually wonder if Lego are going to sit on their hands to wait and see if this theme takes off ?

Lego has been burn't before by producing sets based on TV series......though in this case in a way linked to multiple TV series and film releases.

I don't think they'll wait around on this. The fact that there's going to be Lego TV specials based around the theme in the upcoming years I'd say Lego has at least some future planned for it. Plus with a new show and a live action movie on the way in the not too distant future I'm thinking Warner Brothers is using this theme to drum up interest in the franchise again. I'm thinking we'll see at least one more wave of sets and possibly a line based around the movie when that appears.

Honestly I can't imagine this theme selling poorly. Scooby Doo has a big fanbase.

Well, count me anyway as a fan......for the last forty odd years of watching most of the cartoons and hence I'm wishing that Lego keep to the old school SD from the late 60's to late 70's perhaps minus Scrappy......sorry, I'm in the Anti-Scrappy group ! :laugh:

I wonder in the set with the Zombie we get the head of who is wearing the zombie costume ? :wink:

The only challenge I see so far in a potential future wave is that this one provides us with all of the gang and the Mystery Machine, which are the true icons of the theme. They are going to have to rely on different scenes and monsters to maintain the interest level. You pretty much have five main characters in the show, all of which are covered in the sets in addition to the main vehicle. I do like the idea of some crossover with the "guest stars" such as Batman. I dont know what kids would think of the Globetrotters or the Addams Family, but they could try and use some familiar favorites or new exciting locations to keep us buying those sets.

I don't think it's anything creative thinking can't overcome. The gang has had several costume changes over the years, so there's always room for some well designed variations. Also there's a handful of other characters they could use outside the principal five members of the gang. Scrappy Doo, Scooby Dum and Vincent Van Ghoul could be used.

Vehicles are probably an issue, I don't think there's many more things they could color green and blue at this point. I guess they could give the villains vehicles instead; Space kook could have a spaceship, Red beard a pirate ship, Miner Forty-niner could have a mine cart (A mine cart set would be really fantastic and now that I've realized that I'm really hoping they do that).

Edited by strangely

They could always include the red van from the 80's and early 90's. Perhaps Shaggy in his red shirt would make for an interesting variant figure?

Also, there's tons of fan favourite side characters that could be used and sets based off of particular scenes. Scooby Doo on Zombie Island? The Hex Girls? Vincent Van Ghoul? I'd like at least one more wave, if only to see some more characters, and maybe a big fig Tar Monster. :grin:

Scooby Dum wound not need a new mold so that could work but unlikely, I could see Scrappy selling a few sets.

Remember, Shaggy had a tendency to end up in ridiculous monster-bait costumes, pseudo-intentionally or otherwise, in quite a few episodes. That could provide a lot of variants.

Remember, Shaggy had a tendency to end up in ridiculous monster-bait costumes, pseudo-intentionally or otherwise, in quite a few episodes. That could provide a lot of variants.

That would be really fun to see. There are a lot of angles they could go with if these sell well (which hopefully they doo. Pun intended) not to mention there may be new characters and locations in the new series

Edited by Ultron

I would love to see Pup Named Scooby Doo variations with the treehouse and red herring

Also the late 90's early 2000's dark DTV movie variations and mystery machine would be sweet

I would also enjoy a scooby Dum or laff-a-lympics

Scooby has done some ridiculous outfits as well. Then there are diving suits from one of the early series.

Were there plans to make more waves or is this just a one time deal(like poor Lone Ranger)? Because I want Velma in a smaller set.

Ehh we don't really know. I'm sure they're open to more than one wave so if this first wave sells really well (which it most likely will) there is a good chance we'll get more waves. Lego loves their licensed properties as do I!