TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

I saw on fbtb that Shaggy has a different face in every set so that's good

He has the same face in the Headless Horseman set and the Mummy set

11000053_10152741430633403_8529108026323471265_n.jpg?oh=7ad5f1094e333c57c7d01de24dc312ee&oe=5557389610986940_10152741430638403_9143779626531030572_n.jpg?oh=27c73f9641f987017894bf972d787f21&oe=5551A30A&__gda__=1435509871_b6233323416e87ceba115086a7978b80

Same alt face too?

The alternate faces are shown on the boxes... and as far as I can see, both are the same

Edited by Robert8

The alternate faces are shown on the boxes... and as far as I can see, both are the same

Ehh, that's okay. These are the two cheapest sets anyway. I just think it's nice they're giving us these variants when they really didn't have to.

It's probably been mentioned before but I just noticed Scooby's goggles in the plane set, very cute.

I'm a little sad the mummy is almost the exact same as the CMF version

When you look closer, it's not. It's closer to the Pharaoh's Quest mummies. The CMF mummy has green skin showing everywhere, and a worried face.

I noticed the Creepy Keeper's head glows in the dark, based on the greenish tinge. I do like the mystery swamp monster, but I feel like the chest printing is too cartoonish and simplified to fit with other System minifigures.

Edited by 8BrickMario

The end of FBTB's

shows the Vampire's alternate face, though I think that was mentioned in this topic before.

The only mysterious one to me will be how they do the zombie in the Mystery Machine set.

I wonder how a zombie or mummy could have a double sided head ?

But it does allow that true to Scooby Doo play ability right ? :grin: (they always exposed who the monster really was at the end of every episode)

^ Well the mummy has the headdress thing so that one will be the same as the ones we have seen.

I didn't know Oswald Cobblepot enjoyed dressing as a swamp monster in his spare time! Boy, would Batman be surprised! But seriously speaking, does that human face give us any info as to which swamp monster this one is? Anyone recognize the crook?

I LOVE the swamp monster face, by the way. You could use it for so many things. A purple demon, a purple troll, a purple ogre...It's a shame its torso is so plain.

For the Zombie, I would guess at a extra head. I wonder how they'll print the Keeper's head. Printing Flesh on a glowing head would be sort of awkward, wouldn't it?

Just giving a second look at the alternate faces, it almost looks like the monsters are wearing human masks for Halloween!

Edited by 8BrickMario

That face is certainly interesting, but it definitely doesn't tell me who the monster is supposed to be. On a side-note now I'm sort of hoping the alternate face for the lighthouse keeper looks like the Joker...

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the other alt-faces look like. So far we've seen two, six to go (Assuming the ghost has a printed face at all and the Zombie has another head).

I'm sure they'll have second heads for the ones that can't have a second face. What's the cost of one more tiny printed minifig head anyway when you consider TLG is charging a small fortune for some of it's products now. I would like to know what series this line is representing here. It could be Mystery Inc.?

I would like to know what series this line is representing here. It could be Mystery Inc.?

I don't think it's really representing one particular series as these monsters don't all come from the same show.

From Scooby Doo Where are you: Black Knight, Vampire, Zombie and possibly the Mummy (The Mummy of Ankha didn't wear a headdress, but the museum setting does match the episode)

The Scooby Doo Show: The Headless Horseman

What's New Scooby Doo: Creepy Keeper (This is the closest guess on this monster, he's missing a hat, but otherwise he looks exactly like the Creepy Keeper) and possibly the Mummy (This series did feature a Mummy with a headdress, but the setting doesn't match)

Unknown: Swamp Monster (This character might be from something new as there doesn't seem to be an existing monster it matches. People keep on mistaking it as the Moat Monster, but that monster had red eyes and no purple)

The ghost could be from just about any series as they've pretty much all featured generic ghosts at some point. If there's a printed face that might reveal which episode they're trying to reference.

Edited by strangely

If some get second heads I think it would have been better to given them all second heads and not just give them the odd back of head printing although I don't mind too much.

If some get second heads I think it would have been better to given them all second heads and not just give them the odd back of head printing although I don't mind too much.

I have to agree, I would have preferred a second head. That would have given us a diverse group of heads with multiple uses, this method ultimately limits the usefulness of these heads. I don't mind that much though, Lego managed to find a method that works well enough. And truthfully any of these monsters really only needed one expression as most Scooby Doo monsters tend to have only one expression on their face throughout most of any given episode (Except during injury or a gag, otherwise they don't do much with their face).

I don't think it's really representing one particular series as these monsters don't all come from the same show.

From Scooby Doo Where are you: Black Knight, Vampire, Zombie and possibly the Mummy (The Mummy of Ankha didn't wear a headdress, but the museum setting does match the episode)

What's New Scooby Doo: Creepy Keeper (This is the closest guess on this monster, he's missing a hat, but otherwise he looks exactly like the Creepy Keeper) and possibly the Mummy (This series did feature a Mummy with a headdress, but the setting doesn't match)

Unknown: Swamp Monster (This character might be from something new as there doesn't seem to be an existing monster it matches. People keep on mistaking it as the Moat Monster, but that monster had red eyes and no purple)

The ghost could be from just about any series as they've pretty much all featured generic ghosts at some point. If there's a printed face that might reveal which episode they're trying to reference.

Wow! Hey, thanks for the information. You sure know quite a lot about this stuff. :laugh: It seems like the SD line is a potpourri of villians and settings from the history of the franchise, isn't it?

These are my best guesses as well, along with the ghost being most similar to the one from The Hassle in the Castle as pointed out by Ultron.

The thing is, though, do we actually know these monsters are inspired by these series? It still appears likely o me that they may be based on the upcoming series, especially the lighthouse keeper and swamp monster. The only LEGO monster that looks like a perfect match with a previous Scooby Doo series is the vampire. Of course, that might be due to difficulty translating the monsters into LEGO, so I dunno...

These are my best guesses as well, along with the ghost being most similar to the one from The Hassle in the Castle as pointed out by Ultron.

The thing is, though, do we actually know these monsters are inspired by these series? It still appears likely o me that they may be based on the upcoming series, especially the lighthouse keeper and swamp monster. The only LEGO monster that looks like a perfect match with a previous Scooby Doo series is the vampire. Of course, that might be due to difficulty translating the monsters into LEGO, so I dunno...

Well the new show is using some of the classic monsters. A recent preview showed that one episode is using the Ghost of Elias Kingston, so there is some possibility the show is reusing older monsters (Maybe the show is more along the lines of a remake or reboot). So it is possible some of these monsters are classic monsters that have been reused in the new show. But I tend to believe Lego based some them directly on the original source material.

The Zombie and Vampire are completely the same to the original show. The Black Knight is also a really close match even having the same eye color as the show version, the only difference is the helmet, but that might simply be due to Lego using existing inventory for it. Headless Horseman is a complete match too.

The Mummy, the Swamp Monster and the Lighthouse Keeper are the three that aren't a direct match. The lighthouse keeper is very similar to the Creepy Keeper. Same colors, same hair and beard. The differences are the belt, and the lack of hat (Though the hat could be missing as the hairpiece makes it impossible to use a hat). The Mummy isn't an exact match either. The museum setting does link it to the Mummy of Ankha, but the headdress was not present in that episode. The headdress was used in What's New Scooby Doo, but that Mummy wasn't as plain as this one. I think it's highly possible the Mummy and Swamp Monster are from something new.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these monsters were created to be used in the special episode that they're supposed to air later this year.

I think the Mummy just has a headdress so they can hide an alternate face. But then again, they didn't give anything to the zombie

That could be. The LEGO Scooby episode could have necessitated the Mummy and Swamp Monster. But if no one recognizes the monster or his Penguin-lookalike identity, then I would guess it's from the new show. Honestly, I think the theme is a mismarketed umbrella, taking inspiration from many sources.

Horseman, Zombie, Black Knight, Vampire-directly taken from Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?

Swamp Monster-? Most likely from new show/LEGO-exclusive design for TV special

Mummy-Could be an amalgam of various designs or a new monster from the new show, if the other face is Dr. Najib, than it's the Mummy of Ankha

Lighthouse Keeper-Takes inspiration from Creepy Keeper, but with no hat and a white face instead of a tan skull-like head, potentially a redesign for new show

Ghost- Filler character, but potentially from various sources. The criminal in disguise should determine the version as well.

Edited by 8BrickMario