TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

I hope so, I would never forgive them if they made the giggling green ghost the SDCC exclusive... :cry_sad:

If the phantom shadow was the exclusive I would lose my bricks. Someone would die because that's one of my favorite episodes and they're so iconic.

I'm wondering how each monster is "unmasked". The photos of Mystery Mansion and the Mystery Machine (which look like they will be S@H images) didn't show any spare minifigure heads for Big Bob or Zeke's faces, but in the Zombie's case, he can't have a second face, and for the Vampire, it doesn't look like it would work on a white head to have two faces. I'm honestly hoping there are alternate heads so I can use the monsters as real ones instead of disguises, but so far there are no...clues...as to how LEGO will do the unmasking.

I'm wondering how each monster is "unmasked". The photos of Mystery Mansion and the Mystery Machine (which look like they will be S@H images) didn't show any spare minifigure heads for Big Bob or Zeke's faces, but in the Zombie's case, he can't have a second face, and for the Vampire, it doesn't look like it would work on a white head to have two faces. I'm honestly hoping there are alternate heads so I can use the monsters as real ones instead of disguises, but so far there are no...clues...as to how LEGO will do the unmasking.

Spare heads could be hidden somewhere in the set. The tree monster is obviously hollow and there's plenty of spaces for it in the mansion. Being that unmasking them is a play feature perhaps the promotional photos of the sets won't show them unmasked so as not to ruin the surprise. I find it hard to believe they'd insert clues and put in the whole unmasking bit in the press release and then only do it for one monster. I guess we'll find out during toyfair.

When I said clues, it was meant as a pun, since the pictures gave us no idea how the unmasking will work. I'm guessing at spare heads so the monster faces can be used as separate masks, and the Zombie can't have a second face.

^proapbyl not, but thats been public info since atleast the previous toy fair.

I think I'm just going to get the Mystery Machine, judging by the boxes alone. I need to save money for Ninjago.

In other news, am I the only person who wants a Tar Monster bigfig?

I want these! The Horseman looks much better now. The Mummy is a cross between the MF and Pharaoh's Quest mummies, but it still looks good. I'm glad to see some scared faces for the gang!

The Mummy set sure does look great. But there's too much other stuff that I want as wel... Only the Mystery Machine and BL the others for me.

Those look great! The Keeper looks good, though he would be better with a cape, and the Horseman is still a bit bright, but he looks nice. Is that chain behind the museum wall to pull up the sarcophagus? The Swamp ??? looks good, and it's definitely not a match for any previous Gill-men on the Scooby-Doo shows, so I'll assume he's on a new one. I also like how well the skull rock blends into the Lighthouse.

Think I will just be getting the mummy set to add to my cartoon collection and save money for JW sets.

I wasn't planning on buying that Mummy set, but after seeing Johnny Thunder on the wall, I have to have it!

Thes new pictures make me want to buy the sets even more now. I was planning on passing on the Mummy and Horseman set. But now I'm really tempted too. SO EXCITED Scooby can jump into Shaggys arms.

Does anybody have any new pictures of the mansion or machine?

That mummy set is awesome. The Johnny Thunder reference is inspired!

Shaggy seems to have three faces total, so that's a nice surprise.

Edited by strangely

Absolutely fantastic! I can't wait to get all of these but first, I must make a large savings fund to buy these sets. :classic: