TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

What are the rules for pinning stuff exactly? Does a mod need to do it?

All themes are pinned to the top. This one hasn't been yet though and I'm pretty sure a mod has to do it.

Okay, I have decided to pass on most SH this year for Scooby ! :wub:

Perhaps the most awesome license in years........take my money Lego ! :laugh:

And do I spy a NEW 8 wide windscreen ? :wub:

The minifigs and Scooby are perfect ! :wub:

All themes are pinned to the top. This one hasn't been yet though and I'm pretty sure a mod has to do it.

Thanks. I did think it might have something to do with it being a rumour for a while. But now it doesn't make sense.

Im in the "these look pretty cool" camp. While I wasnt sure about hoe the gsng looked at first, especially Scoob, having seen bigger pics I think they look fine - as well as possible when translated into minifig shape and form. My nitpics are about the hair pieces - Freds should have been more angular/squarish, Shaggys less so, Daphnes flatter.

The Mystery Machine looks neat as well. I dont mind stickers that much (though prints whould have been preferred). The tree does look a bit silly, I wonder whether its hollow and can fit an "eaten" minifig.

Castle could have done with less purple, but otherwise it looks ok. Nice idea to add the greenhouse, even if the point was to get extra mileage from the pumpkin head mask.

The ghost and black knight are built like they could have alt "exposed bad guy" faces, since bot are regular minifigs. possibly dracula as well.

I :wub: the brick built sandwich for Shaggy......finally way over sized Lego food is perfect - for a Shaggy & Scooby hunger ! :laugh:

I see the pumpkin head is in this set.Makes me wonder if the Headless Horseman will have a different pumpkin head from this one.

Imo, the only reason why it is in that set, is because it's in another set. Being the Headless horseman set I mean. I don't know, LEGO likes making a new mold and then using it as much as they can. For example, Hawkeye's hair piece. Not 100% sure of course.

I was looking into the original series images and the Mystery Machine used to have a surf board on the roof rack ? :blush:

That might have made the van a bit too high right ? :laugh:

Plus August release sounds about right......mid-year toy sales in Oz are around June-July-August......yeah, we get toy sales over a three month period ! :grin:

Imo, the only reason why it is in that set, is because it's in another set. Being the Headless horseman set I mean. I don't know, LEGO likes making a new mold and then using it as much as they can. For example, Hawkeye's hair piece. Not 100% sure of course.

Well this pumpkin head isn't very accurate to the original Headless Hourseman. http://imgur.com/a/BiGaw#2

char_26397.jpg

Edited by LOTR34

Only minifigures look interesting to me. The machine and the mansion look like the cheap castle toy you can get for 10 dollars at Walmart. Maybe just because I was expecting the mansion like the haunted house. Or simply this line is more target at small Children.

Those look like turquoise hinge plates and unless TLG has come up with a new 2x1x4 brick in green I'm not sure how it can be done without STAMPS

They came up with a 1x4x2 panel in a few sets last year.

Well, I've never been into Scooby Doo much, and the two sets we have pictures of so far don't look like I could use them in my city - but I'm still curious about the others, and the minifigures do look nice, so I think I still might get a set or two...

Ooooh, shiny! I'll probably just get the minifigures, but I'm excited about Thelma. Heck, I'm excited about all the minifigures. That's a new hair piece on Shaggy, isn't it?

I wouldn't mind a scrappy figure eventually. And if we do get a Scooby doo video game one day you can bet scrappy will be in it.

As excited as I am for this line, if we get a follow up I think more side characters would be fun to have in minifigure form, like Vincent van Ghoul and the Hex Girls. Mainly because we need more goths and a minifigure that's basically Vincent Price would be amazing. :grin:

Edited by Kintobor

No, no, no and no.

thank you for that. haha

anywhat. I cannot wait to see more pics of what will hopefully be the first of a few waves.

I haven't been this giddy about a new theme in too long.

on a side note ~ a UCS Mystery Machine would just about be the definition of groovy.

|Tarfful

Edited by Tarfful

I agree. With the seasonal sets this year being miniigure based I have a feeling that the pumpkin will be heading to the Halloween seasonal set.

Too many stickers. For a licensed set they could have done better.

Figs are nice, but the monsters are nothing new...

That pumpkin is pretty slick though :)

These turned out to be fantastic! :wub: :wub: :wub:

This could be the best theme this year!

This clearly based on the classic show. Daphne minifigure is my fav!

Can't wait to see the Headless Horseman set

The monsters look fine, and it's obvious by the greenhouse in the Mansion that LEGO was trying to use the pumpkin mask as much as they could.

I bet that mask will be reused in the Halloween seasonal set as a house decoration