TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

And the swamp monster was the exact one from the monster fighters theme? That doesn't make sense to me

The mystery machine looks awesome by the way. So many stickers though. Wish they were printed.

Damn that first look. Absolutely love the minifigs design. Mystery Machine is really nice. And Scooby looks gorgeous. Seems like I'll have to buy all the sets...

Mystery Machine looks very nice! Gives me high hopes for the rest of the designs. :thumbup:

Love it, love everything about it.

The Mystery Machine is a pretty awesome build. The minifigures are just too good. The hairpieces are detailed, the faces are normal looking and the Zombie is great.

Scooby is pretty interesting looking. I'm wondering if his head rotates as I feel like that would be an odd direction to mold the head. Interestingly his facial expression is printed on rather than being molded. I'm wondering if that's so they can print different expressions on. I can't wait to see the sitting mold of him.

And the swamp monster was the exact one from the monster fighters theme? That doesn't make sense to me

I have to agree that doesn't make sense. I would think at the very least they'd give him a new print.

Oh, that is amazing! The Mystery Machine is just spectacular--and those colors are just beautiful! There are many stickers, but they look very nice. I love the giant tree too--although of course it has grey Mixels joints--Lego seriously needs to make those in other colors at some point; the grey makes any organic build look fake.

I love the figures too--Fred looks perfect, and Shaggy is not too bad either--I don't care for his face too much. Scooby looks nice too; the angled head is unique but I think it works well. The swamp monster is nice too. I am surprised by the Scooby-Snack though; I was expecting like a printed piece of like a food box, not a brick built sandwich or something.

It's meh set for me.The minifigs look simplistic even thought the characters themselves always had simplistic sence of fashion.I'm fine with the Scooby mold.The Mystery Machine looks very detailed which I like but the most disappointing element in this set is the tree,it just looks so poor.Any way it's a pass for me.

Edited by LOTR34

There's a few interesting tidbits in that article.

Five building-block sets featuring the crime-solving canine and other characters from the many Scooby-Doo cartoons over the years arrive in August as part of a new partnership between Warner Bros. Entertainment and The LEGO Group.

So the sets are based on multiple incarnations rather than one.

In addition to making their first appearance in LEGO toy form, Scooby, Shaggy, Fred, Velma and Daphne star in an animated LEGO Scooby TV special this year and planned direct-to-video LEGO movies in coming years.

This is really interesting. If they're planning DTV movies over multiple years that might imply this theme is intended to stick around for more than one wave.

Also it states clues will be included to identify the identity of the villains.

Edited by strangely

I have to agree that doesn't make sense. I would think at the very least they'd give him a new print.

I was hoping for the glowing diver suit, the swamp creature is less than exciting.

There's a few interesting tidbits in that article.

So the sets are based on multiple incarnations rather than one.

This is really interesting. If they're planning DTV movies over multiple years that might imply this theme is intended to stick around for more than one wave.

Maybe a game in the works?

Maybe a game in the works?

If they're planning multiple movies then I'd say there's a good possibility they'll make a game too. The last two Scooby Doo games did use the Lego formula for the gameplay (Smashing breakable objects for Scooby snacks). It really looks like they intend to get some mileage out of this theme.

Honestly with a new live-action movie in the works, a new television show and now a new toyline it looks like Warner Bros is trying to revitalize the franchise.

Edited by strangely

I wonder if the tree monster is supposed to be the Dryad from the Batman episode (Joker's costume I believe). It does look pretty similar. Otherwise I can't think of that many tree monsters they encountered.

Edited by strangely

The figures look good, and the Mystery Machine set looks like the Classic form to me. A lot of stickers were expected, but I am hoping that the big sticker that says Mystery Machine is only on one part and not the dreaded STAMP (stickers across mulitple pieces). It is hard to tell.

I am totally going crazy with these new theme! This is exactly what I have wished for. Wonderful new theme ever, to be able to relate to one of my favourite childhood cartoon. :wub:

Finally it's based on the classic Scooby Doo cartoon. I'll be getting the whole gang.

I'm not so sure, they chose a neutral look for the human minifigs (which is good) but Scooby's appearance seems to be somewhere in between the classic and the new look.

I am totally going crazy with these new theme! This is exactly what I have wished for. Wonderful new theme ever, to be able to relate to one of my favourite childhood cartoon. :wub:

I haven't this excited about a theme since monster fighters brought me out of,my dark ages.

Dang, I just love the Machine! Too bad about the amount of stickers, though. This theme just keeps sounding better and better!

Wow, this actually looks really good! I was expecting it to be no more than a lackluster theme when it was announced, but I'm actually liking it now! I'll have to get some of the sets. Dang it, this year has too much for my wallet to bear!