TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

TAR MONSTER? he was myfavorite!

He said swamp monster, not tar monster. Tar monster would be great though! I'm still holding out that maybe he was mistaken for Captain Cutler. I always loved that episode and it would've really made sense to put him in this set...

Okay, so from the TV series we are getting.......(Google Images is so wonderful, nice screen grabs I found)

52167.gif

The Black Knight.

Now there is an issue.......which swamp creature is it because more than one plus which classic series is it ?

The first series started around 1969 with varies reboots through the 1970's.......dam we need those images really bad !

Now for a curve ball.......might we one days see Scooby Dumb and Scooby Dee, but lets hope they don't worry about Scrapy Doo ? :laugh:

Man... I regret not picking up the Modular Haunted Mansion. I'm sure it would look great with the Mystery Van and the Scooby Doo gang. Glad they did not waste a mold on Scrappy, I couldn't stand that pup for some reason.

Scrappy---the original Jar Jar Binks. When the term "jump the shark" first came out, he was a frequent topic of discussions regarding Scooby Doo in relation to that term. Even the first movie made fun of him by casting him as the bad guy. If they ever did make a set or a mold for him, it should not be significant. Just imagine a really small mold with a big head. I think this wave will be successful, in large part due to the new minifigs and the Mystery Machine. Once we have them, I do not know what an additional wave could bring to the table. Sure, you would have new bad guys, but once you have the gang and the van, would you not have the most desired elements of the franchise already?

Edited by AFOLguy1970

Scrappy equals Jar Jar.......I totally AGREE, it wasn't jumping a shark but a swimming pool full of sharks ! :laugh:

Anyway, I wonder how they have created the girls outfits......Velma wears a short skirt and Daphne wear short dress, hopefully Lego gives the girls the skirt feature that was used on Lisa in the Simpsons theme ?

Edit - oh, and I wonder if we'll get theme crossover ?

Joker-and-Penguin-as-Scooby-Villains-scooby-doo-32614950-938-708.png

Edited by lightningtiger

Edit - oh, and I wonder if we'll get theme crossover ?

Let's hope not....Scooby works best when he stays far away from Batman.

I never got all the hate for Scrappy. I always thought he was annoying but I never hated him as much as Jar jar.

Now there is an issue.......which swamp creature is it because more than one plus which classic series is it?

The card previewing the minifigures showed the swamp monster from Monster Fighters, if that's any help.

Scrappy was treated as a joke in the latest series, Fred telling Daphne after seeing a statue of Scrappy not to go there and not say a thing about him.

He was the most annoying character in my childhood.

Anyway, if this theme takes off perhaps we'll get some of the shows guest stars......

rb22222.jpg174928.jpg

I'm so hyped for this series! Besides the new Simpsons stuff, these are the sets I look forward to the most in Summer 2015. I loved Monster Fighters and the Studios Monsters sets, and these sound like those, but even better! I thought a huge flaw of the Monster Fighters line was the vehicles, but this theme seems to focus more on the buildings. Scooby Doo was also a part of my childhood, and the minifigures sound great. Only thing that I think is a little mediocre is that every set comes with Shaggy and Scooby, and I would've preferred another set with Fred and Velma.

I think this wave will be successful, in large part due to the new minifigs and the Mystery Machine. Once we have them, I do not know what an additional wave could bring to the table. Sure, you would have new bad guys, but once you have the gang and the van, would you not have the most desired elements of the franchise already?

We're still lacking a ghost ship, a castle, a museum and a haunted factory. There's also multiple variations of the Mystery Machine across the various shows and movies. So there is potential for further waves should Lego decide to do one. Plus there's tons of different costumes for the gang too. I'm more guessing that when the next live action movie comes out they'll do a wave for that. Otherwise I don't know if I see this theme having very many waves.

It would be great if that Halloween CMF turned out to be a Scooby CMF. That would be a great way to give us the classic villains. Unfortunately that doesn't seem like it'll happen.

According to the descriptions, this theme sounds pretty strong.

I'm glad the Headless Horseman doesn't come in the more expensive set :wub:

Mystery Plane Adventures and the The Mystery Machine are must haves... I'll wait to see pictures of the Mystery Mansion set

Nuremberg Toy Fair pictures can't come soon enough :cry_sad:

Honestly, this may take a chunk out of my wallet.

If the sets are as good as the descriptions are, these may be the sets I focus on this year. Definitely picking up the Mystery Machine and the Mansion for sure, and perhaps the Lighthouse. Honestly, I just want to see some images, but I'm really surprised so far! :sweet:

Interesting stuff is that Batman and Supermam teamed up with the Scooby Doo Gang :P

And so did Johnny Bravo :tongue:

EDIT: I'm also hoping Shaggy gets the new short-sleeved arms.

That'd be nice, but that would mean outsourcing his torso production to China. :sceptic: That plastic isn't as bad as it was a few years ago, but still comes nowhere near our beloved ABS.

My opinion on this theme shall not be shared until we see official pictures....

But your opinion on whether or not your share your opinion will be shared :head_back: