TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

lol Most of you guys are replying to each other without looking at the original sources, so let's stop these crazy rumors in their tracks...

SCOOBY DOO - Source is here which is from a list of credible sources: http://www.thebrickf...ego-scooby-doo/

DR. WHO - Is totally separate from Scooby Doo, it's not in competition with LEGO Scooby, we know for sure SCOOBY is happening. The same article above mentions DR WHO was picked up.

NINJAGO (corrected from CHIMA) - That's all based on heresay "a retailer said this, blah blah blah". NINJAGO was supposed to be cancelled a while back, however, due to its popularity it was expanded. Likely a lot of false info being passed around is based on older and outdated information found in some of the mentioned videos that should have been taken offline.

On the topic of licenses: SO WHAT! MegaBloks shares a couple of these licensed properties:

SPIDER-MAN: http://www.amazon.co...n building sets

SPONGEBOB: http://www.megabloks...toys/spongebob/

I still find these along the toy shelves at TARGET along with LEGO versions.

If using License logic is the only way you want to believe none of this is happening then I have nothing more to say to you.

I hope SCOOBY isn't based on the new show, but analysis of LEGO and Cartoon Network would lend me to believe it is. That doesn't always make it right either way.

Edited by kelceycoe

lol Most of you guys are replying to each other without looking at the original sources, so let's stop these crazy rumors in their tracks...

SCOOBY DOO - Source is here which is from a list of credible sources: http://www.thebrickfan.com/category/lego-scooby-doo/

The original sources was a reliable member (someone who has brought news in that past that was right) on brickset, they did not say it was Scooby doo but there was a lot of people guess it might be Scooby doo which is what The Brick Fan reported. Someone on Hoth Bricks then commented that they have seen Scooby doo sets at a showroom in France but no ones know how reliable that person is.

So to take it back to the original sources, we don't know what the theme will be.

Edited by SMC

SCOOBY DOO - Source is here which is from a list of credible sources: http://www.thebrickfan.com/category/lego-scooby-doo/

DR. WHO - Is totally separate from Scooby Doo, it's not in competition with LEGO Scooby, we know for sure SCOOBY is happening. The same article above mentions DR WHO was picked up.

CHIMA - That's all based on heresay "a retailer said this, blah blah blah". CHIMA was supposed to be cancelled a while back, however, due to its popularity it was expanded. Likely a lot of false info being passed around is based on older and outdated information found in some of the mentioned videos that should have been taken offline.

On the topic of licenses: SO WHAT! MegaBloks shares a couple of these licensed properties:

SPIDER-MAN: http://www.amazon.com/Mega-Bloks-Spider-Man-Showdown-91346/dp/B005VQ78XK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1416929903&sr=8-3&keywords=spiderman+building+sets

SPONGEBOB: http://www.megabloks.com/en-us/shop/construction-toys/spongebob/

If using License logic is the only way you want to believe none of this is happening then I have nothing more to say to you.

I hope SCOOBY isn't based on the new show, but analysis of LEGO and Cartoon Network would lend me to believe it is. That doesn't always make it right either way.

Actually I don't believe TLG and mega bloks shared sponge bob at the same time. And if they did, highly doubtful, it was for a short time because TLG's license was expiring. Companies do not normally enter licensing agreement unless they have exclusive rights for making a certain product, thus why the Spider-Man sets are not the norm. That being said one company having the license does not mean another company cannot become the license holder in the near future. TLG is allowed to produce and sell sets until the very last day of their licensing period. If another company has the license and it starts the very next day then they can begin to sell sets on that date. Seeking products of both companies on the shelves at target does not reflect licensing agreements since target has already purchased said sets and can sell them until they run out.

The original sources was a reliable member (someone who has brought news in that past that was right) on brickset, they did not say it was Scooby doo but there was a lot of people guess it might be Scooby doo which is what The Brick Fan reported. Someone on Hoth Bricks then commented that they have seen Scooby doo sets at a showroom in France but no ones know how reliable that person is.

So to take it back to the original sources, we don't know what the theme will be.

Yes, but Hoth bricks also saw fit to place the rumor on their front page. I find them very credible and they are usually not in the habit of promoting rumors unless they themselves have a reliable source.

CHIMA - That's all based on heresay "a retailer said this, blah blah blah". CHIMA was supposed to be cancelled a while back, however, due to its popularity it was expanded.

Yeah... I'm not believing that.

So you pretty much break my hopes for a Monster Fighter 2.0 theme??Still until we get any official info or pics I wont believe anything.

Sorry to break your hopes. I would like monster fighters 2 more but here is something that tells us that this will most likely be Scooby Doo and not Monster Fighters 2:

-Warner Bros works with LEGO

-Scooby Doo is well known and there is the newest cartoon coming in summer

-Scooby Doo is retro and spooky

-An Hoth Bricks user claims that he has seen the sets

-Monster Fighters was not very successful theme

On the issue of the Spider-man license, Megabloks got theirs from the studio that produced ASM which had acquired the rights from Marvel. Marvel has since bought back control for ASM2.

I wouldn't mind Scooby Doo Lego license. I loved the re-runs of the original series, and most of the subsequent series through the 90s. Since I don't have Cartoon Network, I haven't seen the more recent iterations. I do know that for the longest time (over most of the filmography of the character) the late Casey Kasem was the voice of Shaggy. Did you know that Shaggy's real name is Norville Rogers?

-Monster Fighters was not very successful theme

I can't find anything that has said that Monster Fighters was not successful. (Apart from your post") it actually sold out in every store back in February of this year in my area.

I had hopes for original scooby doo, but honestly if they are going to do it based on the new cartoon, I won't buy any unless it has some great minifigures or monsters.

I can't find anything that has said that Monster Fighters was not successful. (Apart from your post") it actually sold out in every store back in February of this year in my area.

I had hopes for original scooby doo, but honestly if they are going to do it based on the new cartoon, I won't buy any unless it has some great minifigures or monsters.

It's assumed based on people's locations as to the sets that remained on shelves. They remained on the shelves at Target in Titusville, Florida until they were removed. We can only assume the Zombie set was the most popular but only then that's because it was sold out on Lego.com really quickly. Could also mean they didn't make as many especially since it came out later after the rest of the sets. Or it could mean it really sold that much. I have no clue why Lego does not print their sales information (although I thought I'd seen somewhere it was posted and MF wasn't in the list of top-sellers).

It's assumed based on people's locations as to the sets that remained on shelves. They remained on the shelves at Target in Titusville, Florida until they were removed. We can only assume the Zombie set was the most popular but only then that's because it was sold out on Lego.com really quickly. Could also mean they didn't make as many especially since it came out later after the rest of the sets. Or it could mean it really sold that much. I have no clue why Lego does not print their sales information (although I thought I'd seen somewhere it was posted and MF wasn't in the list of top-sellers).

Oh, ok, thanks, I so wish I was around your areas where they still have them, my area has had 0 since February!

What's nice about Scooby Doo is all the sets they could make just based on the classic cartoon that cross over into other themes. There was a haunted pirate ship with captain, a couple haunted castles. A haunted old west ghost town. A Tiki ghost with mask. A ghostly spaceship and alien. A witch's spooky swamp shack, and several haunted mansions and museums. Just tons of really attractive material for sets.

Scooby Doo is the longest running cartoon in history. There are not a lot of properties out there that are popular and relevant with 6 years that were popular with their grandparents when they were 6. I'm really excited for this theme!

I'm sorry but I gotta add this...

It seems that LEGO and the other brick brands rip each other off. Therefore, with that logic, the only other Scooby building sets out now are by Character Building / COBI and they are running at the price one would expect to pay for the LEGO equivalent, if you didn't factor in piece count, which now makes these Cobi Scooby's really expensive in the aftermarket.

Look at the Dracula Castle by COBI below. Notice the inside of the castle have a few things that both the LEGO Vampyre Castle and Haunted House have (or should have)? Let's look:

- Knight statue - I was mad when neither sets had a real knight statue like the ones in the Harry Potter set. Or just any statue. A Knight's helmet was just a lazy attempt to say Hey we know a statue should be here but tough.

- Grandfather clock - You had to buy this as a separate polybag but if you did it fits nicely in the living room of the Haunted House by LEGO.

- Jail - The LEGO castle actually did have this.

- Fireplace - The Haunted House had this.

- Dracula/coffin - The LEGO castle had this. However, if you use your imagination and move some things around, the new Halloween set with the double-sided coffin doors and the cool lock/chain from LEGO makes a nice addition to the Haunted House's attic.

Also, keep in mind what COBI has done in other sets and their relation to LEGO:

- Mystery Machine: OK, Lego has that new Volkswagon but has never really attempted this kind of van beyond that or a RV camper or ince cream truck in the LM sets.

- Pirate Ghost Ship - Aside from POTC and I believe Duplo, LEGO never has had a ghost ship to itself. It would be great to see another one, especially made with ghosts in mind, even if it is licensed.

- Vehicles - There's a swamp boat and jungle cruise car that resembles some of the LEGO MF versions, just bigger in some ways. There is also a plane that slightly resembles the MF one.

- Clown- The most evil clowns ever in LEGO were the first-run clowns from the mid-late '80s. Those were scary and if I recall you could even shoot them from cannons. LEGO as the toyline itself never has had any evil circus theme or clown, aside from The Joker.

- Sasquatch - The Yeti set from Adventurers: Orient Expedition is closest yet they're two different monsters.

LEGO has a lot of work for them if they plan to beat, at least, the characters and ideas COBI brought. I have no doubt their product will be better so long as they can deliver a more realistic Mystery MKachine and just-as-good Scooby mold and without all the issues caused by the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 set.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Character-Building-LEGO-Compatible-SCOOBY-DOO-Draculas-Castle-Mega-Play-Set-/400791333903?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item5d51066c0f

I loved Monster Fighters and have all but two sets and the kids loved it too I know I am 1 but we loved it

Warner and Lego have a tight relationship and Lego have been clever to do this as if Disney move license else were they have a good stable still with even more coming

So based on that I belive Scooby doo will be coming and may stick around for a while

Hopefully a haunted house rehash including Scooby will be coming

- Pirate Ghost Ship - Aside from POTC and I believe Duplo, LEGO never has had a ghost ship to itself. It would be great to see another one, especially made with ghosts in mind, even if it is licensed.

- Clown- The most evil clowns ever in LEGO were the first-run clowns from the mid-late '80s. Those were scary and if I recall you could even shoot them from cannons. LEGO as the toyline itself never has had any evil circus theme or clown, aside from The Joker.

Actually, they have made a ghost pirate ship before.

001.jpg

I agree with you on the clown statement though, I would REALLY love to see an evil clown. I just wish they would make a small $40 carnival set with an evil clown!

Yeah, it did. With actual ghosts (not skeletons)

Edited by JayWalker

I really hope the new show doesn't drastically change the look of the Mystery Machine. I feel that the character designs are close enough to the originals that when simplified into minifigs they won't look too bad, but a big change to the MM would be a different story.

I doubt the Mystery Machine will be changed much. At the end of the day it's always been a van, the main difference between incarnations being the hood.

And I definitely agree about the minifigures. The clothing in the show is exactly the same as usual except for Daphne's shoes. Really the only thing they could do is give them cartoon eyes instead of traditional Lego faces, but if that's the case there's some easy substitutes for Fred and Daphne right off the bat (Shaggy and Velma pose a problem with the goatee and glasses). Somehow though I doubt Lego will make the cartoon eye mistake again for human characters.

Hopefully they give us some confirmation on what this new theme is supposed to be soon. I'm betting on Scooby Doo right now.

Edited by strangely

Shouldn't they make an official announcement soon, depending on when they get released next year? I really want a haunted house!

SCOOBY DOO - Source is here which is from a list of credible sources: http://www.thebrickf...ego-scooby-doo/

NINJAGO (corrected from CHIMA) - That's all based on heresay "a retailer said this, blah blah blah". NINJAGO was supposed to be cancelled a while back, however, due to its popularity it was expanded. Likely a lot of false info being passed around is based on older and outdated information found in some of the mentioned videos that should have been taken offline.

SPIDER-MAN: http://www.amazon.co...n building sets

SPONGEBOB: http://www.megabloks...toys/spongebob/

I think you are not realizing how licenses work. No Lego and MB did not share or concurrently have the same license. MB had the Spider-Man license as issued by Sony for the original movies. They also had a general Marvel license for a short while, and an Iron Man movie license for IM2. Those licenses have all since ended, and in the case of Spiderman and Iron Man the merchandising rights no longer reside with the movie producers and now are 100% Marvel/Disney. Marvel/Disney then entered into a relationship with Lego to produce licensed sets.

Much the same happened in the other direction with Spongebob. Lego had the license for a number of years, and for whatever business reason the license was not continued or extended this year. Megabloks has since picked up the license and begun to produce their own sets.

Now technically these sets should not co-exist on the shelves. Stores are supposed to pull unsold merchandise and send it back or clearance it out at the end of a license. What you are seeing is an inventory control problem at your local Target. Which honestly happen quite frequently. Merchandise gets buried back in a stockroom only to get dumped onto store shelves years later. In most cases it is not that big of a deal and the major players will not raise a big stink about it, leaving that to the local reps. (I guarantee you the local Lego rep for your Target would pitch a fit if she found those MD Spiderman sets and the Mattel rep will pitch a fit over any remaining Lego Spongebob.)

All of the above really only applies to the direct distribution merchants. The big box stores. Relationships with smaller third party outfits that acquire product through non manufacturer distributors may vary. In many cases they have outright bought the product with no required return clause and can technically sell it until the boxes decay from age. The classic example of one of these in the US is non toy merchants such as Barnes and Noble (still overflowing with CB/Cobi Dr. Who even though they lost the license months ago) and Frye's. Target buys direct from Lego and Mattel, get much much better pricing and have some obligations as a result.

Cobi's Scooby Doo is still out there. Likely they are in the tail end of their license. They cannot produce anymore but can finish selling off what product they have for a few more months. This will end before Lego products start hitting store shelves. when you start seeing those deep deep discounts on licensed sets, this is what is going on. There is a great example this week from TRU and Kre-O. The combined Starship ENterprise and Klingon D7 set for $19.99 in store pickup. Assuming your local store still has one. They are blowing out the product to get it off the shelves before the license ends.

Someone in the Licensed section posted an album of new parts for 2015. I'd say this piece probably belongs to this theme, seeing as it's spooky.

P28WJZ1.jpg

Perhaps a head piece for a headless horseman. That's at least the first monster that comes to my mind when I see this. Unfortunately if it does belong to this theme it doesn't really give us a hint on whether or not this is a licensed theme. There is a headless horseman in a Scooby Doo episode, but it's a pretty common story, so that doesn't help. It's a neat looking piece though, definitely is making me excited about this theme.

There is another picture that shows a "14" written in that head.

I'd say that's a Series 14 mould