TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

This was posted on Brickset:

"2: - A brand new franchise - so a whole bunch of themed sets. These haven't been seen before, and I've only got *really* sketchy details, but it'll be loosely a follow up/replacement/similar to Monster Fighters. I've been told it'll be a little retro and very kid friendly - and not very *Zombie*. I hope we don't get some kind of Chima/MF combination monstrosity."

It seems like its a new action theme for summer 2015. It also comes from a reliable source from Brickset.

EDIT: Pictures Added

1965009_10152741430603403_7951405198929134531_n.jpg?oh=375eecca5f1c2ef4e8132504a8df0a08&oe=55958521&__gda__=1430873002_10f1f929e6c4dddc882413b97bc924a411000053_10152741430633403_8529108026323471265_n.jpg?oh=7ad5f1094e333c57c7d01de24dc312ee&oe=5557389610986940_10152741430638403_9143779626531030572_n.jpg?oh=27c73f9641f987017894bf972d787f21&oe=5551A30A&__gda__=1435509871_b6233323416e87ceba115086a7978b80

Edited by Phred

This was posted on Brickset:

"2: - A brand new franchise - so a whole bunch of themed sets. These haven't been seen before, and I've only got *really* sketchy details, but it'll be loosely a follow up/replacement/similar to Monster Fighters. I've been told it'll be a little retro and very kid friendly - and not very *Zombie*. I hope we don't get some kind of Chima/MF combination monstrosity."

It seems like its a new action theme for summer 2015. It also comes from a reliable source from Brickset.

To note, this information was given by the user who originally mentioned the Detective Office modular building earlier this year. Now that the Detective Office has been confirmed, they mentioned this new theme as well as a Ferris Wheel to go alongside the Fairground Mixer. If this information is correct, then we can officially confirm them as a source of info, as the DA is the only thing that they have rumored that turned out to be true.

You can find the rumors as well as some speculation here.

Edited by Penkid11

Some interesting news came out from the pretty reliable "iso3200" on Brickset forums:

When talking about new 2015 rumors, iso said...

2: - A brand new franchise - so a whole bunch of themed sets. These haven't been seen before, and I've only got *really* sketchy details, but it'll be loosely a follow up/replacement/similar to Monster Fighters. I've been told it'll be a little retro and very kid friendly - and not very *Zombie*. I hope we don't get some kind of Chima/MF combination monstrosity.

It's a little vague, but there ya go. I'm guessing this is a Summer theme, and it will be interesting to see how this pans out. Will it be a sequel to Monster Fighters, a new spooky theme, or a licensed spooky theme? However it comes out, it will be interesting to speculate about it for now!

Edited by just2good

Looks like Scooby Doo.

My kids wiil go insane for a Lego Mystery Machine and SD sets. And I will go broke.

That would be amazing! And yes I will also go broke.

Scooby Doo would be awesome. My brother and me loved that show growing up. Though it's funny to watch it now and realize what was really going on.

Scooby Doo would be neat, but I'm guessing it'll end up being something akin to Ghostbusters in design and story. Definitely intrigued!

Sounds fun! Monster Fighters was great, so I would love to have more sets like them. Also, it would makes sense that a new franchise is introduced next year, since it would be Chima's last year and something else would have to take its place.

I loved Monster Fighters, it's one of the themes that got me out of my dark ages. I would love a new spooky theme. Whether it be Scooby Doo or Ghostbusters or something completely new. It would be cool if it was based on The Addams Family or The Munsters too.

Hmm. Got to say I hope it's not licensed. Ghostbusters will only start shooting next year, so that kinda seems unlikely for this coming summer. Is there a new Scooby series? If not, maybe it's more like the classic movie monster tropes with different non-monster characters.

Scooby-doo: Mystery Incorporated (which is brilliant, the definitive take on Scooby-Doo and everyone should watch it) ended last year and I don't think the next iteration is coming out for a while.

Saying that it's like Monster Fighters but with less 'zombie' almost makes me wonder if it won't be spooky at all. After all, if you take Monster Fighters and remove the monsters, you basically end up with Steampunk... could it be that long-awaited original Steampunk theme? That would certainly fit the bill for 'retro' and 'kid friendly'.

I'm pretty excited. Monster Fighters was the one theme I got pretty much most of the sets from (Excluding the castle which I could never find) and I enjoyed having a Halloweeny/spooky theme that drew inspiration from classic movie monsters (Even if they had public domain names). From what I hear the sets were extremely popular too, at least here where they sold like hot cakes (Probably why I couldn't find the castle)

Things could only really get better as we have more possibilities for monsters and new parts and such. Even if it was just a plain steampunk theme, I'd be happy.

Sounds promising, even if it is vague. I loved MF and would welcome more similar sets with other style of monsters. I agree about not wanting a weird chima hybrid.

I'm not into Steampunk that much, BUT in lego form I may be able to get behind it. I love New figures and figure prints.

The people who had the Doctor Who licence--Character Building?--seem to have the Scooby Doo licence, so that seems unlikely. Here's hoping for an original Lego idea!

I suppose we'll have to wait and see won't we? Depending on how the source got their information, there is plenty of f actors obscuring the actual appearance and theme of the theme.

Small or poor prelim pictures, garbled or mistranslated captions.

I'll be merging this with the earlier thread.

Aaand done, I went with a best fit for the title at the moment. If more information come along with an official name or a better idea of the theme then I will change it again.

I liked the MF theme, mainly the haunted house for the modular-like. I'm against a Scooby-Doo theme, I kinda dislike it ;o;

I would like it if it was something like living dolls with big eyes trying to "trick" humans. Like a horror movie but with less blood haha.

Something like a japanese anime in a school with scary dolls from the Art class.

:laugh:

Scooby Doo??!! God please no!!! I prefer another Monster fighters theme of even a Ghostbusters theme but please...don't do Scooby Doo.

Edited by LOTR343

There is a new Scooby Doo series coming......Be Cool, Scooby Doo

Be_Cool%2C_Scooby-Doo%21_character_redesigns.jpg

Looks like they would fit an episode of Total Drama eh ? :laugh:

Cobi also has the license or did have the license to make SD sets.....so who knows (as I know for a fact Chima is finishing next year).

I doubt I would buy a single set if it turns out to be Scooby Doo. Nothing against the property, it's just not enough to get me to spend money on it.

On the other hand, if licensed, maybe it will be a movie tie-in theme with Universal's planned Monster continuity? From what I understand, the movies will be more action/adventure than horror, so there is a chance they will be kid-friendly enough to partner with Lego. Probably not, but it's a possibility.

If it turns out to be steampunk (either spooky or non-spooky), then I would definitely be on board with that. Worried it might be a little too much overlap with MF, though, but since I never had a chance to pick those up, that wouldn't be a bad thing, either.

I don't know why everyone is jumping on it being a licensed theme if someone is calling it a follow up to Monster Fighters. A Franchise just means LEGO are plannign tie in media products, it would have to be a part of a franchise (Like Batman) to be licensed in any way.

If there is evidence that it is not an TLG's own theme I had better move it through to the correct place.

There is a new Scooby Doo series coming......Be Cool, Scooby Doo

Be_Cool%2C_Scooby-Doo%21_character_redesigns.jpg

Looks like they would fit an episode of Total Drama eh ? :laugh:

Cobi also has the license or did have the license to make SD sets.....so who knows (as I know for a fact Chima is finishing next year).

As i grew up with Scooby Do.

That is the most creepiest image i have ever seen o_o

Edited by Cy_Bored1337