Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14 Rumors and Discussion

Alright, here's my take on the series!

How does the Zombie Businessman hair fit on these guys? Better than the official hair, or nah?

20445184048_ded145a775_z.jpg

Han looks really bad. Marty's okay, though.

I sort of wish it didn't have that Spike on the top. It'd fit Han then, I think. Maybe they'll use it for Hiro, if he's in the Disney CMFs...

Alright, here's my take on the series!

Nice review

Yes, it's the first GitD piece in the CMF theme.

I don't recall another head being just partially GitD, like the Specter's. I think this is the first time ever. I'm not sure

The printing in the Tiger Woman hairpiece is pretty bad. The boundary between the ears/hair looks messed up, which is a recurrent issue in the CMF line

just2good, I saw that you have two of the crazy scientist.

Can you snap a picture of one with the headpiece on top of the headpiece, just to satisfy my twisted mind? :grin:

Thanks

Zombie businessman's hair piques my interest. We've seen headpieces introduced in CMF that have been designed with further licensed use in mind ... Might this be one too? It doesn't 'need' a new hairpiece - plenty existing moulds would have worked in a new colour or whatever ...

How does the Zombie Businessman hair fit on these guys? Better than the official hair, or nah?

20445184048_ded145a775_z.jpg

Han Looks like a"stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerfherder!" :grin:

Edited by (1)Stein

I can definitely see that this hair mold wasn't really made for this guy but some other storywise or licensed characters in plan. Doesn't look like Larry's case whose hairpiece is only given to Howard after quite a time.

I stopped by a Target in the DC area and gave the Target product code to an employee, who checked in the back. He came back saying that the product was listed as not to be put out until September 1st. Which was frustrating but reassuring at the same time. I'll go back in early September. :)

Are there sightings in Europe yet?

According to 8BrickMario, you can get them across Europe, Asia (including Australia and New Zealand), Latin America and Africa:

Well, apparently Illinois is the only place with nothing.

I'm in the UK and I haven't tried any LEGO brand stores. I have looked at chain stores and supermarkets near me that normally carry CMFs and haven't found any yet.

Yeah, well I exaggerated a bit. :grin:

Still nothing. The new Target just put out their two boxes' worth of Simpsons S2, so that means they probably won't put out S14 until December!

While that is an exaggeration, I wonder if S14 will get clearanced as they are more seasonal than a normal CMF. Not that I would recommend waiting for a clearance on these.

I wonder if S14 will get clearanced as they are more seasonal than a normal CMF.

My guess is no, not more than any other CMF series. While S14 does have particular seasonal appeal, I'm sure TLG has done the maths and correctly projected sales from the shelf date right up to and beyond Halloween.

If the series had turned out many poorly conceived minifigs, there might have been a higher than expected requirement for put them on clearance. But they look pretty good in my view and will appeal to TLG's core demographic, i.e. kids and their parents, as well as peripheral demographics such as AFOLs. That's just my opinion of course.

While that is an exaggeration, I wonder if S14 will get clearanced as they are more seasonal than a normal CMF. Not that I would recommend waiting for a clearance on these.

My guess is no, not more than any other CMF series. While S14 does have particular seasonal appeal, I'm sure TLG has done the maths and correctly projected sales from the shelf date right up to and beyond Halloween.

Maybe that's why there are hitting the shelves a couple of weeks before the release date.

They know the sales will drop after Halloween

Yeah, well I exaggerated a bit. :grin:

Still nothing. The new Target just put out their two boxes' worth of Simpsons S2, so that means they probably won't put out S14 until December!

I haven't had much success with the Target I normally go to (Suwanee, GA); it took them over a month to put out Simpsons 2, I had little hope to see S14 at all, but was killing time and checked anyway... and they had, hanging on the Simpsons display, 11 S14. I bought them all - only 3 duplicates (and ones that I certainly don't mind getting duplicates of - 2 extra flies and one zombie businessman).

I was shocked. And happy.

It is possible that some retailers may discount this series after Halloween, if they have other stock (Simpsons 2). Remember, the original Simpsons series was available through Dec. 2014, even on the Lego site (US at least), while other series came and went. It will all depend on whether the retail chains are controlling the content of their Lego stock, or if TLG controls what gets made available for sale.

I found them at an Orange Co. target this weekend.

Nice. brickseek is showing very low stock in all bay area targets. Like 30 packs per store. I don't think the stores here even have any in the back unless brickseek is wrong.

Found 'em at the Westfield Stratford Lego store, UK.

I just spoke with the Westfield Shepherds Bush store and they have them too. The price is the same as before: £2.49 each.