Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14 Rumors and Discussion

Huh, so all the zombies in the series are related? Interesting. Also, our Monster Scientist is the *cough* mastermind behind Plant Guy, the Fly Monster, and Rockerstein, And Spider Lady is confirmed to be a vampire.....

Wolf Guy's quote being "I'm still okay!" is a pretty brilliant callback :laugh:

I noticed that too. Very clever and a nice nod to confirm continuity is still there.

Also, the zombie businessman saying "coffeeeee" was hilarious.

Not to mention the Banshee becoming pals with the Sad Clown. :laugh:

Its little humorous bits like this that really make CMFs more enjoyable.

Anyway, the cat lady is a dominatrix minifigure tamer? :blush:

Kinky Interesting backstory. :laugh:

Edited by Legocity2713

The zombie business man is how I feel every morning before I cycle to work. If I don't get that coffee I am a gonner.

Those stories are great! The only one who's actually not a monster is the Skeleton Guy... And he's pretending!

The renders, however, bring up more questions... Is the Monster Scientist's flask opaque or translucent? What about the Spider Lady's cape (Also, is it two parts)?

Looks like the Fly Monster has trans-brown wings. Excellent! The green hairs are a great detail.

The Wolf Guy, Wacky Witch, Zombie Pirate, and Monster Scientist have the dual-color mold legs. Also excellent!

I must also say - I feel this series is successful because none of them actually feel like duds. I had my doubts about the Spectre at first, but now I feel he strikes the Casper The Friendly Ghost notes just right without being a rip-off. I've also come around on the Monster Rocker, though I still don't like that guitar mold.

Edited by telaruhn

Some thoughts about the bios:

“Hee-hee-ha-ho-hoo! This will be my greatest creation yet!”

Being a chemist myself, I have to admit I've said this phrase a couple of times while working at my lab :blush:

Besides, it seems there is some sort of storyline here as the Monster Scientist created some of the monsters in this series

One time, the other monsters got together and called a team of ghost hunters from the big city to chase him around for a while.

I wish this would have said "a team of Monster Figthers" :wub:

“Bzzz. Bzzz? Bzzz!”

Very creative quote. Love it

she leads her team of well-trained firefighters, construction workers, and other everyday people in amazing routines of agility and grace – jumping through hoops, balancing on each other’s backs, and sitting up on command.

1283660170079.jpg

My god lego... this is very dark and twisted. And she is not a costumed character so she is naked wearing nothing but a belt :look:

(We all know they made her so she fits with the other costumed characters. Its pretty obvious because ther head and hands are yellow but her body is orange)

The Zombie Cheerleader is a star student at Zombie University

:hmpf: really? ...

Edited by Robert8

You can always use this headpiece instead. :wink:

That might look good. Hopefully someone here can post a picture with it

Someone needed this?

Thanks. The molding is nice, it just doesn't look right without teeth.

If the series comes out in September, does that mean there is a chance of a December release for the next series and that it might include some holiday themed characters? - just thinking ahead...

That banshee one is awesome! They havent don't a trans hairpiece like that before, have they? I do wish she came with an accessory though, but all well. Im totally gonna use her as moaning myrtle in my Hogwarts diorama.

Isn't it time for White Fang review?

LEGO hasn't even officially revealed the series yet, so we won't see the review until that happens.

I'm liking the Banshee more now that I realized her eyebrows match her hair. I know her torso's sand green, but what color are her arms/hands? Spring Green or Light Aqua?

LEGO posted the individual minifigures on their Facebook page. Isn't that officially revealing them?

I am sure that White Fang has completed his review and is only wanting permission to post it.

Love the bios! Spider Lady's definitely got a chuckle! The Monster Scientist's influence in the series is nice, and I love the zombie family ties.

So the official names we didn't know for sure were Monster Scientist, Wolf Guy, and Wacky Witch. The official pics look really good.

Does the banshee really have transparent hair? In the facebook photos, it looks almost chrome gold to me.

(New here, lurked for a while, and very excited about the new series. :))

Does the banshee really have transparent hair? In the facebook photos, it looks almost chrome gold to me.

Yes, she does. There are pics of her hairpiece somewhere on this thread

Edited by Robert8

Did anyone notice that the Gargoyle doesn't have printing on the head piece and that the Specters cape is not the soft new material that we saw for the hun warrior? An image released a few weeks ago by (Idle Hands) shows the gargoyle's headpiece with printing on it and the specter having that new soft cape, but in the official images the gargoyles headpiece doesn't have printing and the specters cape is the same one we've been getting for years. What happened?

Did anyone notice that the Gargoyle doesn't have printing on the head piece and that the Specters cape is not the soft new material that we saw for the hun warrior? An image released a few weeks ago by (Idle Hands) shows the gargoyle's headpiece with printing on it and the specter having that new soft cape, but in the official images the gargoyles headpiece doesn't have printing and the specters cape is the same one we've been getting for years. What happened?

Don't trust the cgi's at 100%

Look at the S6Minotaur's hooves:

LEGO-Minifigures-Series-6-Minotaur.jpg6833650207_ff9bda2c02_m.jpg

The Banshee's hairpiece is gonna be reused for Dana Barrett from Ghostbusters' minifigure in LEGO Dimensions!

Edited by CM4Sci

The final minifigures are no different from what we've seen. The computer renders are developed before the physical figs are made, so there's room for tweaking between the CG renders' creation and the physical figs being made.

The Banshee's hairpiece is gonna be reused for Dana Barrett from Ghostbusters' minifigure in LEGO Dimensions!

Sorry but do you mean Dana is gonna be a playable figure? Or just a cameo?

Andrea's one (←) could work too, but for now Banshee doesn't look like Andrea. Perhaps due to different materials.

The final minifigures are no different from what we've seen. The computer renders are developed before the physical figs are made, so there's room for tweaking between the CG renders' creation and the physical figs being made.

I see, well I hope at least the gargoyle's headpiece has printing on it like the gargoyle pic in your avi.

Don't trust the cgi's at 100%

Look at the S6Minotaur's hooves:

LEGO-Minifigures-Series-6-Minotaur.jpg6833650207_ff9bda2c02_m.jpg

I see what you mean. I can't wait to see a review of the new series soon.