Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14 Rumors and Discussion

picked up the trick or treat skeleton cos he was too cute to pass up. hes in my winter village, i just need to find a suitable face for the owner of the house he is door knocking at. angry, disgruntled, surprised. will be interesting to see how many kids notice the intruder. also picked up the plant guy to poach the scream face for a kid caught in a snowball fight.

Not really. Lily had nothing to do with spiders, had a white dress, much longer hair, and a white streak in it. Spider Lady's no one in particular. LEGO's capable of original designs, you know. Not everything has to be from an existing source.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Vampire Bride from MF, not the CMF Spider Lady, was Lily Munster. I was responding to kelceycoe's post from the previous page.

Oh, I see it now. But I think only a few of them are directly based on anything, that is, the "Universal Monsters", and the Fly Monster. Several of them have no pop-culture basis, and are simply new designs.

Trust me, most of them have pop-culture or folklore basis. TLC may be capable of creating their own monsters but that is not the case at all with these figures beyond their own customized designs.

Oh, I see it now. But I think only a few of them are directly based on anything, that is, the "Universal Monsters", and the Fly Monster. Several of them have no pop-culture basis, and are simply new designs.

I realise that many will consider MOCing CMFs heresy and prefer to display their minifigs as sold, but I can't help myself...

s14_cmf_mocs.jpg

Apologies for the photobombing spider-guy. I tried to stop him but arachnids are notoriously uncooperative.

Lord Vampire's Bride was likely inspired in part by the old Italian horror movie Black Sunday, which is about a vampire-witch.

PeNVYji.jpg

black%2Bsunday%2Bcross.jpg

I realise that many will consider MOCing CMFs heresy and prefer to display their minifigs as sold, but I can't help myself...

s14_cmf_mocs.jpg

Apologies for the photobombing spider-guy. I tried to stop him but arachnids are notoriously uncooperative.

Is that blood spill under the basket a Lego part? That's exactly what I need for what I'm working on.

Is that blood spill under the basket a Lego part? That's exactly what I need for what I'm working on.

It's a brickforge part, notoriously called "splats".

EDIT: Oops, sorry, didn't see you!

Edited by Mr Greeble

Lord Vampire's Bride was likely inspired in part by the old Italian horror movie Black Sunday, which is about a vampire-witch.

black%2Bsunday%2Bcross.jpg

Looks like Michael Jackson...

Edited by Actor Builder

I think the Spider Lady is based on Queen Arachnia, the Queen of the Spider People (just turned into a vampire)

tumblr_inline_mtyzo8nAtr1rc9soz.gif20776279010_6efbf2f852_o.png

HEADS UP - There are few differences among each region's Club magazines. For example, the UK favors the Friends series and this month there is actually a pull-out Halloween poster of the Friends' Heartlake hotel. Also a new Scooby Doo game is another one. Not sure if the US/CA versions are different.

Got the Wacky Witch today after looking through several packs and I must admit that she looks great. Love the black cat too ! Too bad that in my country the prices are high, I would have bought them all.

Finally picked up my first one yesterday, randomly grabbing the witch. I do plan to get them all - this series is awesome!

The Grim Reaper seems to be a translation error, and it makes sense, as it wouldn't be unique and would bring down the standard number of females.

Why would it do that? Death is frequently personified as female.

Finally picked up my first one yesterday, randomly grabbing the witch. I do plan to get them all - this series is awesome!

True, but its most common image, and the one LEGO would likely choose, is of a cloaked skeleton, who is usually male or metaphysical and lacking a gender.

What? Really? I have never seen this.

Well I must admit when I think of Death, IT GOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS.

​So I was somewhat intrigued by the gender debate, well first I was like really you're debating the gender of a skeleton? But then, given that I must admit I would probably assign male genders to all my lego skeletons without thinking (no lipstick or eyelashes), but at best they must be 11:5 male:female. In my defence, its really hard to tell on skeletons and even archaeologists get it wrong, leading to misleading theories in history.

So I thought I should google the personification of Death and Wikipedia does not disappoint, many countries personify as male, but some, Slavic and Scandinavian countries have favoured a female personification. So given Lego's origin of Denmark it would not be crazy for them to choose a female personification... but I would personally rather have DEATH.

ANYWAY IT DOESN'T MATTER SINCE WE HAVE A SPECTRE AND A BANSHEE IN THIS SERIES :-)