Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14 Rumors and Discussion

So...I got my 4 missing figures today. Did anyone else find the briefcase of the Zombie Businessman broken when you opened the bag?

So...I got my 4 missing figures today. Did anyone else find the briefcase of the Zombie Businessman broken when you opened the bag?

In two separate pieces? Mine was hinged open.

Well I went to a toy shop today and fondled little packages. I felt very uncertain about it as it was my first time, but nobody even looked at me. Also, I was looking for the crazy witch, and she has this huge hat which narrows things down to packs with a huge bump, and then she has this big long thin broom, and also the cat. I got her right the first time, yay! I love her hat/hair combined piece. I bought it because I like to mod "friends" figs- and this one fits on a friends or elves or Disney princess figure perfectly.

Also, there was no bump code on the package that I could find. But there was a number- 217B5. maybe that is of help?

I only miss the fly-guy, and he's the one that i wanted the most. And even multiples. Grrrr.

I never bought so much figs from a series, so a big thumbs up to the Lego people, you have my money now.

I got the three Zombies and the Skeleton Guy today. I love the Businessman! The Skeleton Guy is great, too. The Cheerleader and Pirate are good, but not in my favorites. I'm not going to open the Businessman's case, since I've heard about them breaking. Perhaps I'll replace it with another one.

Edited by 8BrickMario

It kinda sucks that he doesn't have the Minifigures baseplate, just like the Toy Soldier

I got the Plant Monster, Tiger Girl and Zombie Pirate today, as well as several multiples of others. Still missing the Zombie Businessman...

Now that I have two Fly Monsters, I will say the claw is pretty good if you have both hands with them. Two regular minifigure hands also looks awesome.

Now that I have two Fly Monsters, I will say the claw is pretty good if you have both hands with them.

I've got more Fly Monsters than I need just to have them with 2 claw hands. I love it.

I got the three Zombies and the Skeleton Guy today. I love the Businessman! The Skeleton Guy is great, too. The Cheerleader and Pirate are good, but not in my favorites. I'm not going to open the Businessman's case, since I've heard about them breaking. Perhaps I'll replace it with another one.

My zombie businessman's case was already broken when i opened the bag. Wondering if lego will replace it

I just got four other minifigures yesterday. I got the plant monster, zombie businessman, pirate captain, and spider lady. I didn't even bother to open the briefcase for the zombie businessman. What shocked me, was the plant monster being bright green instead of that normal green. I love the zombies dark brown hair.

Is that from the September issue? I think it needs to be on my LEGO wall....

Yes

And it looks like the Plant Monster is feeding the guy it swallowed up :laugh:

Edited by Robert8

I like every single of the minifigs in this series and love a lot of them. So I purposely got double on a few. (Spectre, Pirate, Scientist, Skeleton, Monster Rocker and Witch.) Am thinking of adding an additional businessman and Tiger Woman.

This series has forced me to fondle them next to the till. While these have only just come out, I am concerned about them being just for the Halloween period, and Im still seeing a lot of Simpsons S2 figs for sale which is probably going to clog up the S14 space up for a bit. So I just went for it, and Im glad I did! I doubled up on the gargoyle asap as I have a MOC I'll be using him for, accidentally got a double of the tiger woman (thought her whip was a vine from the plant monster :sad: ) and got 8 others including the fly. These really are all well designed, and Im loving the banshee and specter, the specter of which I think is actually really cute!

For those planning on putting these in a frame, the specter and banshee require a 1x1 round stud or a 1x2 jumper stud tile to offset the depth of them due to their 'legs'.

I created little 3x4 bases for them, with two jumper tiles framed by a 1x4 in the front and two 1x2 tiles on the sides. That way, they're centered and in line with the others, while their bases match the size and shape of the others' in their rows. For the Plant Monster, the vines aren't a good indicator. The big round piece with a finger-sized indent is.

My zombie businessman's case was already broken when i opened the bag. Wondering if lego will replace it

They will replace it if you let them know. Either through their official LEGO twitter account or on their website they have a link for broken/missing pieces i think.

I think I forgot to say I uploaded the first post of the thread with some cgi's some weeks ago :tongue:

20858090555_6f77f6f435_b.jpg

20848485992_93dea7d7bc_o.png

20848489482_85ee195f47_o.png

20865261191_7941c6dc32_b.jpg

I think I forgot to say I uploaded the first post of the thread with some cgi's some weeks ago :tongue:

Kinda funny how a lot of the colors in the last photo are wrong.

Kinda funny how a lot of the colors in the last photo are wrong.

I know right, and LEGO itself uploaded that pic in LEGO Shop.

It's also interesting to see how they make some cgi's of the minifigures lacking the accessories.

It's kinda misleading about the product they are trying to sell, like these:

20341758994_7c466e850c_o.png21388135272_6199b826a4_o.png

For the first time ever my Lego Store sold out of a CMF Series. :cry_sad:

And my Target still didn't restock their minifigs, they just have tags indicating the Simpsons on the empty end caps. :cry_sad:

I'm glad though that I'm not finding them yet, as I kinda want to wait until we get closer to Halloween to get into the spirit of things.

Finally got the Zombie Businessman! Now that I have all 16, I'll give my final thoughts:

Wolf Guy: A lot of great parts and details, and I love the reference to the Series 5 Lumberjack. If you want him to be shirtless, I suggest using the Spectre's torso.

Zombie Pirate: I love his face and beard, but the rest is meh.

Monster Scientist: Actually very well made, that headpiece is just wacky!

Wacky Witch: Speaking of wacky, another great figure. I love the cat, her head/hairpiece, and the little patch on her arm.

Plant Monster: He's pretty well-done, but he still looks like a costumed figure. I got an extra so I could replace the head with a solid pink one.

Fly Monster: Most excellent, and probably my favorite this series. To me, he looks weird with one claw, so getting two is essential, so you have a figure with claws and a figure with regular hands.

Spectre: I'm pleased with this guy. His cape is pretty cool, and I'm coming around on the translucent legs.

Zombie Cheerleader: Cute. The hole in the hairpiece seems unnecessary, but I look forward to seeing the hairpiece in other colors.

Tiger Girl: She's very detailed, but I wish her face and hands were Yellowish Orange instead of Yellow so she was less of a costumed character. I assume the ears on the hairpiece are meant to match the color of the torso/legs, but are more closer to the color of the head/hands.

Gargoyle: He has a lot of great stone-detailing. I love the headpiece and wings, and look forward to seeing them used in other places.

Skeleton Guy: I'm not a big fan of him, but I'm ecstatic about his pumpkin bucket.

Monster Rocker: Also not a big fan, but like Skeleton Guy, he has tons of details, so I appreciate the effort put into this figure.

Zombie Businessman: A well-made figure, but I haven't been able to find a good use for the hairpiece, as it doesn't seem quite right on other figures.

Banshee: Awesome. Also looking forward to new colors of her hairpiece.

Square Foot: My least favorite of this series; not a fan of how his face is printed. Camera is a fitting accessory even if it is common.

Spider Lady: Not bad. The only part I really like is her face, but the other parts are pretty cool and I'm still surprised we got a plastic cape.