Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14 Rumors and Discussion

* Spider lady: The detail on her beehive is nice, but it makes the hairunuable in a normal setting.

Is the print white or silver? Metallic print can be tricky to remove without affecting the lustre of the ABS beneath, but non-metallics are easy to erase invisibly. My preferred method is to use Brasso. There's a thread/tutorial about print removal on the Customisation board.

I must say in my view that this series is tied with the Simpsons series 2 as 2nd „worst“ (as in unusable); the no.1 spot goes to the Simpsons series 1. Here are a few observations from the final pics.

* Fly: Im not a fan of the imbalance of the figure having only one claw. I guess its meant to be an incomplete transformation. Not to mention that flies dont have claws. But its a clever way of making people buy two of them. Not a fan of the green hairs either – it just messes up the black-and-red scheme.

That figure is based off of an old horror movie about a scientist who turned into a fly. He had one human hand and one claw. :wink:

Yesterday I found these at my Lego store, so I picked up the Fly, Frankenstein, the Witch, and the Zombie Pirate. Great figures!

* Fly: Im not a fan of the imbalance of the figure having only one claw. I guess its meant to be an incomplete transformation. Not to mention that flies dont have claws. But its a clever way of making people buy two of them. Not a fan of the green hairs either – it just messes up the black-and-red scheme.

That's how the Fly looked in the 1958 film:

DI-The-Fly-1958-2.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Found them at a couple walgreens in Kansas today. Cleaned them both out, kinda disappointed one of my tiger-lady's had two leg pieces and no hair. Anyway, I wound up with

Pirate X3

Fly X2

Bigfoot X2

Tigerlady X2

Spiderlady and Skeleton

Not a single werewolf or Frankie :(

I finally found them in a LEGO store! I found the Monster Scientist, Spider Lady, Wacky Witch, and Gargoyle, but as luck would have it, the box I looked through had zero Banshees. However, when I told an employee, she opened a new box for me, and I got her!

Banshee- A fantastic figure. Her colors are great, I love the ghost bottom, and her hair and prints are very well-done. So happy to have someone so sad!

Wacky Witch- Another great design. Her hat/hair and everything else about her are great. Also nice to have my first pair of dual-molded minifig legs!

Monster Scientist- Another good design that does exactly what it's supposed to.

Spider Lady- I like her a lot, but her face seems off to me. She looks chubbier than I thought she did! Her hair and cape are great, though.

Gargoyle- Maybe opening the Banshee first was a bad sign. As I opened the Gargoyle's package in the car, it slid off my leg and dumped his head and headpiece into the dark depths of my car! His head was recovered, but his cranium is lost forever. :cry_sad: Now I need to buy a new one! :angry:

Round 2 at the one Target in my area that has these was a great success! With my Wife and Daughter feeling the bags it took no time at all!! There are just a few that I want a couple more of. But for having this many (38!) before they are even officially released makes me pretty happy!

When is the official release date for these, anyway, this Tuesday?

Yes. September 1st

Does anyone have favorites?

Mine is definitely the Banshee. Such a unique design and she introduces some new things to minifigures as a whole. Her Sand Green probably helps (It's my favorite LEGO color). I'm expecting to see her in the I Love That Minifigure! book, seeing as she's the first to have translucent hair and Light Aqua skin.

Mine is definitely the Banshee. Such a unique design and she introduces some new things to minifigures as a whole. Her Sand Green probably helps (It's my favorite LEGO color). I'm expecting to see her in the I Love That Minifigure! book, seeing as she's the first to have translucent hair and Light Aqua skin.

I don't like this series overall but these 3 really stand out among all the CMF's:

20776280800_ca7fbd8968_o.png20343280983_cbcb6d163a_o.png20776279800_b596c191e6_o.png

Why do people hate this series so much? It's probably legitimately the best. Tons of awesome figures, insane amount of detail and printing, etc.

Why do people hate this series so much? It's probably legitimately the best. Tons of awesome figures, insane amount of detail and printing, etc.

Two words: Subject matter. Never mind the extravagant detail and complex molding. People don't like the themed-ness of this series and the general lack of versatility among the figures.

The Monster theme is good but the repetitiveness killed it, IMO.

That's the most common complaint I've seen among fans on facebook (and my own). Especially the Monster Rocker, the Zombie Businessman and Bigfoot.

But that doesn't mean this series won't be a hit, becuase it sure will be. It's seliing like hotcakes.

Edited by Robert8

Wait, how is Square Foot repetitive? He and the Yeti are entirely different cryptids.

I do agree that most of the monsters are repetitive, but I appreciate that each one manages to be unique. Putting the Wacky Witch, Banshee, and Monster Scientist against my other witches, ghosts, and scientists clearly illustrates how different they are. Monster Fighters was much less original, although, as I've said before, it went for darker redesigns, while this one went for lighter. I guarantee if these were spread out among the next 14-16 series, people would love them. Putting them all together in one series makes people think it's a waste.

The Yeti head mold was reused in Chima before Square Foot. He strikes me as very plain but we got such great new molds on other characters that I don't mind too much.

That said I am already ready for the next regular series.

The Yeti head mold was reused in Chima before Square Foot. He strikes me as very plain but we got such great new molds on other characters that I don't mind too much.

That said I am already ready for the next regular series.

Me too, Im so ready for the next regular series. I can't wait until some rumors or leaked images start to appear soon.

Love LEGO Monsters (Monster fighters helped end one of my dark ages), dislike Scooby Doo, so this series is making me pretty happy while I wait in hope for the next theme that allows for monsters, ghosts, etc.

My favorite is the Gargoyle, hands down. I also really like the Fly Monster, a close second.

Least favorites are the Monster Rocker and Monster Scientist, easily.

I'm sure the Gargoyle will make it into my top 3 when I finally get a complete one. Since I never got to assemble him fully, though, I'll need to wait. I'm also quite fond of the Spider Lady. She's got quite a presence, and is the better of the two vampire ladies.

My favourites are the Banshee also, the Spectre, because of his ghost tail and cloak, and the Skeleton Suit Guy, because of his excellent printing and trick-or-treat basket, but I also really like the Monster Scientist and the Zombie Businessman. :wink:

4 Targets, 1 Walgreen's, nothing. What the hell, Minnesota? Step up your game.

Walgreens has them priced at $4.19 :look:

Is the print white or silver? Metallic print can be tricky to remove without affecting the lustre of the ABS beneath, but non-metallics are easy to erase invisibly. My preferred method is to use Brasso. There's a thread/tutorial about print removal on the Customisation board.

Nah, I couldnt bring myself to modify LEGO this way.

That figure is based off of an old horror movie about a scientist who turned into a fly. He had one human hand and one claw. :wink:

Noted on the Fly movie, though it still bugs me (pun intended). But I guess one new claw piece per fig is better than none.

I blame the movie for not making sense, not the minifigure! Getting a claw hand is always a bonus, and it's a neat reference, so I'll take it!

Now that I have my top 5, I think I'll seek out the Gargoyle (need a complete one), Fly Monster, Specter, Plant Monster, and Skeleton Guy.