Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14 Rumors and Discussion

I was traveling in Asia for the past week and didn't see any S14 but did pick up 5 packs of S6! Now that I'm back home I'm glad to see these are showing up at the Lego stores. I have no patience for pre-release hunting.

I only lose patience when unsuccessful. I'll be sure to hit up Target and a LEGO store this weekend. I want to have the satisfaction of finding them before Tuesday, the official release date.

Retried a Target I had been unsuccessful with before. I went there and they restocked a rack with alllll Simpsons Series 2!

Series 14 is already available in some LEGO Stores

The local LEGO Store here said that they only got a few cases, so they can't put them out early. I suppose some stores must have gotten more. I found a few more at another Walgreens though, and found some LEGO Movie packs at a Target.

Edited by x105Black

Have to say, having procured 15/16 of the series today, this is really a fantastic set of figures. Surprised how a few I was non-plussed about are so much better in real life - pleasantly surprised by the plant monster, skeleton guy and spectre.

I found some today that were hiding on a Simpsons S2 rack. First time I've ever (had the patience to have) found them all in one setting! While I definitely like them more than I thought I would have, I probably could have still lived without some of them.

Anyone think Spectre's face could pass as Nux from Fury Road? I don't think there's any face out there that is closer, unfortunately Spectre's is glow in the dark and with a goofy mouth.

Grabbed half a dozen Gargoyles, 5 each of the Fly and Zombie, and 1-2 of all the rest (except the useless Witch). Still a fun series even if it's still the worst on record outside of the Shimpshons, can't wait for Series 15.

Went to my Toys r Us tonight and they didn't have any 14. But they had plenty of series 13 & 12! We always get the new themes and series late in my area.

I was just told on Reddit my local LEGO Store got the minifigures the day AFTER I was just there! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It seems this series was released early everywhere

Even official LEGO stores

This has probably already been mentioned, but does anyone else think that the gargoyle's headpiece presages a faun/satyr/Pan in a later series? It would have to be recoloured (perhaps in reddish brown) and printed differently of course.

It's possible, but satyrs generally weren't bald, nor did they have such pronounced brows...

Edited by 8BrickMario

This has probably already been mentioned, but does anyone else think that the gargoyle's headpiece presages a faun/satyr/Pan in a later series? It would have to be recoloured (perhaps in reddish brown) and printed differently of course.

It's possible, but satyrs generally weren't bald, nor did they have such pronounced brows...

So if they don't reuse the mould for a satyr or in some other way... does that mean we'll end up with a female gargoyle?? (with lipstick *runs and hides*)

If it had lipstick, it would still be grey. I imagine the Gargoyle's pieces could be used for some sort of imp in different colors.

The Gargoyle's wings would be great for a draconic race in different colors. I'd say dark green or black would both look awesome.

Edited by x105Black

I did the rest of my shopping today when I found an untouched box.. 4 more gargoyles, 2 banshees and a wolf. The 4 gargoyle's bags were directly next to each other in the box, which was nice. Feeling the banshee got much easier when I realizes how big a footprint the footpiece actually has. The banshee's hands have a very beautiful color.

(except the useless Witch)

Those legs are useful for prisoners and for a custom absorbing man (marvel villain).

Has anyone spotted them in the Netherlands?

Has anyone seen the 14 series Minifigs out in Canada?

Lego Store (Ferview mall) in Toronto had them out since Wednesday.

Evidently the Branchburg (NJ) Lego store is sold out of them, as they released them last tuesday. Their next shipment will be in this Tuesday. How frustrating! I gotta get those flies! :laugh:

On an unrelated note, I picked up another sale-price Classic Space Mech while I was there looking for the minifigs. Shop clerk convinced me. That thing is such a steal! :wub: damn that shop clerk! This is why I'm always broke!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Today I managed to pick up a full set here in the UK - the TRU at Lakeside retail park, Thurrock to be exact.

I must say in my view that this series is tied with the Simpsons series 2 as 2nd „worst“ (as in unusable); the no.1 spot goes to the Simpsons series 1. Here are a few observations from the final pics.

* Wolfman: A better werewolf than the previous CMF or the MF one, which, as someone above noted, rather looks like a bear. And nice to get the tail piece.

* Zombie pirate: The beard really completes the minifig, but i do wish the splotches on his coat were a more natural brown than dark bley. Now I cant help thinking he splattered hmself with wet cement.

* Fly: Im not a fan of the imbalance of the figure having only one claw. I guess its meant to be an incomplete transformation. Not to mention that flies dont have claws. But its a clever way of making people buy two of them. Not a fan of the green hairs either – it just messes up the black-and-red scheme.

* Cat lady: looks more like a woman in a suit than a „monster“. Unless a kinky furry fetish girl with a whip is seen as monstrous. Reminds me of this pair of custom figures.

* Gargoyle: One of the better figs, but still, I never associated gargoyles with shortness. Normal legs and bigger wings would have looked better. I wonder why they made the small wings at all, since they look much too small on any minifig.

* Banshee: Intriguing fig, with the light sandgreen color. But not attractive for me.

* Spider lady: The detail on her beehive is nice, but it makes the hairunuable in a normal setting.