Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14 Rumors and Discussion

OMG! I'm impressed at the amount of details and accessories these characters have! Well done LEGO!

My favorites are the Fly Monster, Tiger Girl (love the whip) and the Gargoyle, as well as the Skeleton's bucket! I'm also quite liking the Zombie Pirate Captain.

I'll probably gonna get two Flies so I can get one with both of those awesome red claws! Also totally called the usage of the fairy wings. They don't look too bad here.

Is it just me, or do the Specter and Banshee look like they're smaller than the rest of the figs? Maybe because of their ghost-leg pieces. Also, they're GitD!

Rocket Raccoon tail reused for Werwolf and I love that bone piece.

That Witch is tempting to get for the black cat and her boron (which I never got)

Good to see the fly officially. Looks very useful for TMNT Stockman and his claw hands are good for those trying to make a Zoidberg custom. The hand is actually really really unexpected but very very welcome. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Loving that whip on that cat girl. (Not in a kinky way) :laugh: Its just really good to finally have a black one for Catwoman in a cheap form.

The pumpkin candy bucket is amazing and that fig is a must get for that reason.

Loving the pirate captain. Very creepy looking. Probably one of the best figs of this series. :wub:

The last 4 are probably the only ones I will get.

Can anyone else see the potential for a Bone suit from Lego Universe? All you need is this helmet to complete it: http://www.bricklink.com/PL/85945.jpg

Now all we need is a Mosaic Jester outfit to complete the non-faction Crux Prime quartet: Bat Lord, Explorien bot, Bone Suit, Mosaic jester....

Oh, and the Zombie Pirate Captain looks cool too!

Edited by Murdoch17

Finally, we've got the official pics!! These turn out much better than I expected, therefore may end up buying the whole set. I would say that the crazy scientist is probably my least favourite, there is just something about that head and the glasses and weird eyes - reminds me of minions from despicable me. Perhaps the review may change my mind once we know what he looks like side way. I'm also not too fond of how the monster eating plant guy turns out. Excellent new mould, but his face doesn't look right in the head piece and the vine whips are not convincing as extension of his arms, more like he's holding onto them. In my opinion, this figure has so much potential, but looks cheaply made with the accessories.

Yep. Gonna buy a whole bunch of this series.

Wait, that's a checklist, so someone got a hold of one?

Edited by obsidianheart

Not as good as I was expecting, but nice anyway

I'll get the Witch, The Fly, the Skeleton Guy, the Tiger Girl and the Pirate

No accessories for the Banshee?

No accessories for the Banshee?

I expect the trans parts were a bit more expensive to produce, her hair being a new mold AND trans.

I these all look lovely aside the Frankenrocker and Vamp lady... The cape on here is awesome but Franky just looks recycled.

dang, I was REALLY hoping the banshee hair would've stayed trans-purple... Oh well. still like her and the flyman. Gargoyle, skeleton guy and plant man are also on my list.

Woot! I have opinions and I'm sharing them!

Wolfman- Is that a new head mold? If it is, I'll buy one if I feel it while looking for the ones I'm more interested in. I have too many wolfmen to buy one if its the old head mold. I think that's the lumberjack's shirt, so what? He got attacked while working in the forest? Poor lumberjack!

Zombie Pirate Captain- As I am not a fan of zombies, and have plenty of pirate parts already, I'll be skipping this one. Very well done, though. The torso and beard are a nice touch.

Mad Scientist- Are the head and goggles one piece, or can you take the goggles and hair off? If so, that'd be awesome. I still want him for his torso/legs printing. Oh, and the two-color arms!

Witch- Kinda reminds me of the witch from Looney Tunes that Bugs Bunny alway came across. While I like the hat/hair piece, I'm skipping the minifig. I just don't have a use for it.

Plant Costume Guy- Our first non-animal costume, right? Okay, maybe he's being eaten by a real plant monster. Who eats people feet first? I just don't undertand plants... I might replace the head with a pink head and make him a bona-fide plant monster. Nice printing. Have we seen the back of the head?

The Human Fly- The biggest surprise to me so far! Great head, but the torso/leg printing looks cool, too! As somone else already mentioned, getting two to have two claw hands is a must! Do we know if the antennae are removable like the insect aliens from the space line? If so, I have an idea for those antennae...

Phantom- I know the head has taken some heat, but i think it would be useful in a Casper MOC or some cute ghost or another. Gray hood and tattered cloak- good to have. I'm assuming the torso is blank. The biggest piece here is the ethereal leg piece. We're getting it twice in this wave and I thnk that's just fine considering the theme. Looks like a different color than the Banshee's.

Zombie Cheerleader- Again, not into zombies, but I have to have that hair!

Cat Lady- Soooo different from the cat lady a couple of waves ago! Meow! LOL! She's usable in my superhero universe as is, so that's a plus. Love the whip. The printing is par with the best the whole line has to offer. Does anyone else think it would be even better without the belt?

Gargoyle- I'm all over this one! The wings, the face, the horns... they hit it out of the park with this one. I'm not a fan of the short legs, so those will be replaced, but even so, huge fan of this one.

Skeleton Costume Guy- When this guy isn't getting beaten up by Mr. Miyagi, he make for a nice minifig! The bones almost have a robotic/machine man look to them. I might go in that direction. The head reminds me of Marvel's Crossbones. Nice jack o'lantern bucket.

Monster Rocker- I was really worried when it looked like this one may have been dropped after prelims, but now that it's official, I really dig it. The head (minus the forehead piece), the torso, and the legs are all useful. And two-color arms! Is anyone thinking Rogue from the X-Men? Her 90's costume had black sleeves and green gloves.

Zombie Businessman- Sigh, another zombie. In this theme, I guess it's to be expected. I know there are alot of zombie fans on Eurobricks, so they'll get bought. Great hair piece. the head print is solid. Lego does zombie prints well. I don't know of a zombie they've done that I didn't think was well-done (huge fan of the Moster Fighter coffin driver torso).

Banshee- I can understand why the Human Fly and Gargoyle don't get accessories; they have so much working for them in new parts. The Banshee just has the trans hair and the new leg piece. Then again, what would she be carrying anyway? I hope they do that trans hair in neon yellow one day. The torso is generic enough but well done enough to have a variety of uses. Someone asked if the Banshee and Phantom where smaller judging by the picture, but I think the opposite. They are taken from farther away to get them in the shot since the leg piece is actually taller than a leg assembly.

Bigfoot- It can get away with being basic with the color scheme and head piece! Cute to have a camera, but who doesn't have a handful of those? The toes are too cute!

Spider Lady- Alot of effort went into this one. I have an idea for the cape that I'm keeping secret until I can get my hands on one. Shhh! Cool hair and head (can never have too many lady vampires)! Not a fan of slope dresses as they make the minifig too tall, but the torso and slope piece are well printed!

What does everyone else think?

Edited by Lego_Hero

I'm not a halloween person, but I'm really excited for the Bigfoot and Gargoyle minifigures. These will be very useful outside the Halloween/Spooky theme. I'm looking forward to seeing the Gargoyles atop fancy building MOCs.

Oh God, I really don't like this series...

Just nothing here for me to use really. No need for haunted house accessories, haha. Maybe I'll pick up the pirate captain for the parts, the gargoyle to put on a building or two, and maybe the phantom cause he's pretty cool. Other than that, meh.

Spectre's head glows in the dark... who called it? They all look nice. The Tiger Girl definitely slipped LEGO's censors. A lot of them could be used to make the Scooby Doo villians like the crabclaw.

The fly guy looks cool and interesting as does the scientist, plant guy and skeleton guy.

The gargoyle might have possibilities in the right setting too.

Liking the guitar and the printed "brains" tile too.

Best of the lot for me is the fly guy.

What sword is the Pirata holding? It looks odd.

19443688193_da7d792b17.jpg

This Zombie Skater is way too lazy.... The Series 1 Skater with the S1 Zombie ..... Unbelievable :hmpf:

And according to the book, it is part of the CMF theme. So this is the second CMF that doesn't belong to any series

Edited by Robert8

Huh... it's not as good as I would have liked, but I like it a lot more than I thought I would. I might go ahead and get the whole series.

A whip??

The Tiger Girl has a whip???

My god LEGO *oh2*

My imagination is running wild....

Anyway, I decided to take a break from Lego a week ago in view of my finances. Having seen this though, I realise that I must now make an exception because they would look awesome around my Haunted House. ARGH!

Edited by Jern92

I think it's a shame this is called series 14. Sure there's some nice new parts, but I don't care for that many monster figures. The new Scooby Doo sets will have plenty of those. Why not call it Halloween Series, like the Olypmic and Simpsons. A regular series, like all the previous ones, should be a mix of everything and for everyone.

Can anyone else see the potential for a Bone suit from Lego Universe? All you need is this helmet to complete it: http://www.bricklink.com/PL/85945.jpg

Already called it a few pages back. :wink:

It's not a perfect match - if you look closely, the bone printing has several major differences - two of the biggest being that the leg bones are printed on the sides of the legs rather than the fronts, and instead of printing on the belt, they just subbed in a solid white pair of hips - but it's definitely the closest(and only!) parts released so far. :classic:

Now all we need is a Mosaic Jester outfit to complete the non-faction Crux Prime quartet: Bat Lord, Explorien bot, Bone Suit, Mosaic jester....
I was so close to a full Jester outfit, I even had the hat...but the Stromlings didn't spawn fast enough for...the pants, I think it was? Possibly the shirt, too?, and I didn't have enough spare time for grinding. :cry_sad:

That spawn rate was really atrocious. About five spawned an hour, it seemed like, and you needed in the hundreds for the gear... :hmpf_bad:

I expect the trans parts were a bit more expensive to produce, her hair being a new mold AND trans.

Are we positive it's a new mold? It looks awfully similar to one of the Friends hairpieces...

It would be really nice if the pirate captain's hook was in bley - we need it for Captain Knife. So far the two options are old light grey and silver, neither of which exactly match. (Old light grey isn't actually that far off, and probably would look closer to the way it looked in-game but the "correct" color would be bley, as LU was created long after the pallet update...) But comparing the color of the sword to the hook, it looks like it'll be silver again... :sceptic:

Edited by Lind Whisperer