Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14 Rumors and Discussion

When I first saw this picture, I thought they officially revealed the full series:

https://s.yimg.com/p...s/spaceball.gif

It gives us a nice idea of how the checklist is going to be done.

I just saw it....

Peolple is going crazy with this series

I've seen people asking for the Grim Reaper lol :laugh:

It's a blank page for me...

It's here:

https://www.flickr.c...567709/sizes/m/

Edited by Robert8

That's a nice photoshop, and it's good to see the Banshee in her place. I like the checklists, but I prefer the assembly guide on the back, since the parts are highlighted so well. Ever since Minifigures Online, they've become extinct.

Just realised how perfectly well timed this series is with the Scooby-Doo theme coming out! So many possibilities here!

I won't be collecting, but will definitely get a few of my favourites!

The Grim Reaper was a mistranslation of Banshee. That means we still have five females, and the mysterious translucent female hair will be in this series after all.

WhiteFang is reading this topic at this moment :)

Could you tell us when we get review of Monsters?

LEGO Minifigures, though tempting, have always been off-limits for me. Though objectively, most 'figs are beautifully done, I personally dislike about half of each wave if not more. This, combined with their blind-bag nature, makes Minifigures collecting too expensive and disappointing for me.

However, for this new wave of figures, I think I'll try picking some up; I actually love the look of every figure in the lineup!

I'm a bit ambivalent about Wolfman, odd-brown-fuzzy-thing, and Zombie Cheerleader, but 3 out of 16 are such small odds that I feel safe with my chances, for once.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

If you're willing to make your fingers ache, the blind bags don't have to be an obstacle. My biggest frustration is the Simpsons-induced price increase. It's just ridiculous how they're almost twice the price they used to be, only because people were willing to pay more for a series with licensing fees. Perhaps we'll be lucky, and it'll drop again, but I think it's unlikely. Better start saving up if I want all 16 with extras to spare...

WhiteFang is reading this topic at this moment :)

Could you tell us when we get review of Monsters?

WhiteFang's review for Series 11 (Released in September 2013) was released to the public on July 31st.

His review for Series 12 (Released October 2014) was released to the public on August 31st.

So, I would say within the next month or so, we'll be getting his review for Series 14... Since sources have been saying either September or October as the release month.

If you're willing to make your fingers ache, the blind bags don't have to be an obstacle. My biggest frustration is the Simpsons-induced price increase. It's just ridiculous how they're almost twice the price they used to be, only because people were willing to pay more for a series with licensing fees. Perhaps we'll be lucky, and it'll drop again, but I think it's unlikely. Better start saving up if I want all 16 with extras to spare...

I don't think it's totally ridiculous, since LEGO has been compensating us for the increased prices. For example, we now have prints on then reverse sides of heads, the backs of torsos, on the arms, and on the sides of the legs. Also don't forget dual-colored arms and legs, as well. None of those were really around in Series 1-2, so I feel that Lego has come a long ways in providing a detailed product for the price. If those details weren't there, however,. then I would agree with you.

Edited by telaruhn

Aaahhh.... don't get me started on prices. People keep defending TLG's price increases, but they're like the most profitable toy company on the planet and privately owned. TLG is finding out what the market will bear - people forget they must have been making some profit when they were $2 in the U.S., now they're $4 - 100% price increase in five years.

Sorry... don't want to digress... this will be the second series I'm not motivated to collect them all, but there is some goodness to the series; also looking forward to WhiteFangs review - sometimes his reviews actually make me more interested in figures I thought I wouldn't be; and I'm happy I won't have to bust my wallet to get the ones I like.

Could this be the face of the banshee? Or is it from an older lego set? TB2mhcldVXXXXXvXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!1582685776.jpg_620x10000.jpg

It is glow in the dark btw

Edited by Borex

No, it's Electrolyzer's head from the Ultra Agents theme.

Ah thank you! It's a good head to swap with the specter to make him evil.

Ah thank you! It's a good head to swap with the specter to make him evil.

Yeah, I've been thinking about what heads might be good for that purpose. That one's definitely a good one.

I'm thinking tomorrow we will finally have pictures. The series is supposed to come out in September or October? If it comes out in September,then we can expect pictures most likely this weekend. If it comes out in October, then it looks like we have to wait a little longer, like mid August.

I'm thinking tomorrow we will finally have pictures. The series is supposed to come out in September or October? If it comes out in September,then we can expect pictures most likely this weekend. If it comes out in October, then it looks like we have to wait a little longer, like mid August.

September, as far as I know.

Meh. Did it have to be a zombified version the Series 1 Skater?

To clarify, I wouldn't have minded him so much if he had a different outfit/hairstyle like the Cheerleader, Businessman or Pirate Captain. But it's the same hair, same clothes, same skateboard. The epitome of laziness, if you ask me. But he his kind of charming. I still might get the book regardless.

Edited by telaruhn

I'm sure everyone would've been happier with a zombified warrior of any kind... haven't seen a LEGO minifigure of that yet,

while this one's just another zombified town or city figure. Oh well. Still pretty cool - the skater was one of my first CMF figures.

I actually like it. It can make for a nice transformation. Besides the torso is a literal new print. The jeans are printed with pockets and a belt while the Series 1 skater did not have any leg printing. I still am not sure that I will buy a book just to get it though. Too bad he isn't in the Monsters series and the zombie Pirate Captain isn't included with the book.

Some exclusive printing on the skateboard would have been nice. I really like the minifigure, it's much better than what I was expecting it to be. Hope we get pictures of the full series 14 soon, somethings telling me tomorrow or Wednesday.