Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14 Rumors and Discussion

I think many of them could work outside of the "costumed" context. The witch could be a colorful fairytale villain, the Lady Vampire should have no problem fitting in, the Werewolf Lumberjack could just keep his mask on, the Zombies could all be put into context to make them real monsters, and if you want a cartoonish setup, the Scientist will work well. Tiger Lady, Skeleton Guy, and Flytrap Man are pretty obvious costumes. The rest could work in other areas.

I hope we get a few double-sided heads in this series.

Can't wait to see the last few and see this new full serie! I like the idea of ont thmed monsters but I I hope they just continue to normla mix series too

If this turns out to really be a series, that will be an even bigger disappointment for me this year than the 2nd run of Simpsons, and I actually like the Simpsons as a show.

Spooky Girl from ser. 12 was one of my all time favourite minifigures ever, but what I see here is just terrible. I'll take the cheerleader's hair piece and witch's black cat and I'll let the rest be picked off the shelves by kids while I wait for the regular CMF's to return.

The Brick Fan made a post about the "Monsters or Costumes?" issue:

There are now images coming out of Baidu of some minifigures that have been leaked and they sure fit that description. I’ve been reading other sites and people have been twisting the words and threw in that it was Scooby-Doo related or strictly Halloween-themed. No, I said it was Monsters, period. The information that I was given strictly said Monsters with no other words attached.

According to that, all of them are Monsters.

But, IMO, the Cat/Tiger Lady is clearly a costume. You can see her hands and head are yellow, while her torso and legs are orange. That's a costume for sure.

On the other hand, I don't see how the Zombies could be costumed characters, especially the guy and the pirate since they don't have double face. Those are Monsters, IMO.

Same with Lady Vampire and the "Good Witch"

I think this series is a mix of Halloween related characters.

while I wait for the regular CMF's to return.

At this point, I'm starting to think we'll get 1 regular CMF series per year since 2014 forward.

Edited by Robert8

I feel like "Monsters" is an umbrella term. Perhaps the final term will be "Halloween", since it's clear that three of them are indeed costumed characters.

I feel like "Monsters" is an umbrella term. Perhaps the final term will be "Halloween", since it's clear that three of them are indeed costumed characters.

The Tiger Girl, Skeleton Boy, and the Man-Eating Plant Man are costumed characters. Looks like this series will be 3 costumed people and 3 zombiefied minifigures.

It think this series is counted as standalone special series based on the original LEGO minifigures, not from the licensed film/TV. Same applies in The LEGO Movie series which contains non-licensed minifigures that does not appeared in some sets before especially Abe Lincoln and William Shakespeare which are based on real-life historical people who never appeared in some particular historical-based theme.

Wouldn't it be great if some of the zombie parts ended up in the Build-a-figure station at the Lego Store? I'd love to army build some custom zombie figures that way.

Wouldn't it be great if some of the zombie parts ended up in the Build-a-figure station at the Lego Store? I'd love to army build some custom zombie figures that way.

They aren't really useful. The pirate captain has a big eyepatch, so his head is a no-no and so is the zombie businessman since he's got crooked glasses and a really silly facial expression. Really the only useful one are the cheerleader and she's only so useful since it isn't fun to have ton of female zombies with the same expression.

if these pictures are true lego CMF 14 .. I must say it will be the worst one so far ..

The Brick Fan made a post about the "Monsters or Costumes?" issue: According to that, all of them are Monsters.

At this point, I'm starting to think we'll get 1 regular CMF series per year since 2014 forward.

I'm more inclined to the saying of mixture. I think that skeleton guy is obviously a costume wear. We've seen many real skeletons in regular themes and this case is obviously different.

If that Vampire Lady is true, I wonder what her bio is. Since Vampyre and Vampire were described to be two different characters, the new vampire should be a new inidvidual, too.

IMO, despite i like some of the designs, if LEGO believe that they need special themes (licensed/storywise/themed) to turn the consumers' buds on, the answer should be more annual production. And if not, I just rather see these characters be randomly distributed to regular series.

Edited by Dorayaki

So far, it's obvious that three of them are definitely costumes. The others could be either real monsters or people dressed up. In the case of the Werewolf (if he has a mask), it could be either one. We may see a couple more costumed characters when the other five are revealed.

My question is if this cmf series is supposed to be coming out in October why are they already producing the minifigs? Seems a little early for that. Not to mention someone suggested that some of the minifigs do not have the proper parts. I'm interested how this all plays out.

I thought so too. By the three-month pattern, these should run from August-October, so people will have time to get them before Halloween (and so they won't be awkwardly on the market afterward). Unless there's another series after the Simpsons S2 and before this, these should be an August release.

Edited by 8BrickMario

So Lego are clearly trying something different with this series (whether it does turn out to be '14' or 'Halloween' or whatever). I do hope the people dissing it because they don't like the theme realise that this is a test, and perhaps the theme(s) you *do* like and would like to see more variety in will benefit if this is successful. A sports series? history? fairytale? mythology?

Does that werewolf re-use a Chima Head?

The Tiger Lady could be a stand in for the Marvel - Avengers Tigra, if you switch the hair. The hair with the ears (in black) look like they would be good for a Julie Newmar-esque Catwoman.

So Lego are clearly trying something different with this series (whether it does turn out to be '14' or 'Halloween' or whatever). I do hope the people dissing it because they don't like the theme realise that this is a test, and perhaps the theme(s) you *do* like and would like to see more variety in will benefit if this is successful. A sports series? history? fairytale? mythology?

I don't think LEGO cares whether we diss it or not. They care about the sells. If there is any minifigs in a series that I want, I will buy those minifigs. There two zombies and one vampiress that I want. So far ,that is all I am going to get.

I won't buy minifigs that I don't want in order to encourage LEGO to make more.

This series does not appear to be for me or several others on this board; however, LEGO might still have a hit on their hands if the kiddos want them. As an AFOL, I don't begrudge LEGO for making items for the target demographic. That is just good business. I just don't have to buy it if I don't want it.

I don't think LEGO cares whether we diss it or not. They care about the sells. If there is any minifigs in a series that I want, I will buy those minifigs. There two zombies and one vampiress that I want. So far ,that is all I am going to get.

I won't buy minifigs that I don't want in order to encourage LEGO to make more.

This series does not appear to be for me or several others on this board; however, LEGO might still have a hit on their hands if the kiddos want them. As an AFOL, I don't begrudge LEGO for making items for the target demographic. That is just good business. I just don't have to buy it if I don't want it.

I just want to say that I agree with everything you said here (except the part about which 'figs you want).

The more I see that Lady Vampire, the less I like her, looks like a custom

She looks like the evil wife of Spiderman or something like that...

A sports series? history? fairytale? mythology?

Nop.

Just regular CMF series with mixed themes

Edited by Robert8

I think she's Spooky Girl's mom.

Nop.

Just regular CMF series with mixed themes

Oooh, with the old fleshie Aunt May head and the CMF Grandma hair I could do a version of Madame Web!

Edited by gedren_y

I like the Lady Vampire. She has more spiders on her than Willa the Witch, but she looks nice, since she's not the same as her predecessor. There's a lot of cool costumes you could make with her if you switch out the head.

Maybe the Lady Vampire in this series will be a good monster just like the previous series monster minifigures unlike those ones in Monster Fighters they are evil.