Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14 Rumors and Discussion

Oh, wow! That's subtle, I heard someone on Brickset say she had hair printing. but I didn't see it even then. I love it. Although why is a vampire so spider-themed? Did her coffin stay in the attic for too long?

Someone on the Brickset forum had this to say:

"These will be released August 1. There will also be a ghost, a vampire, a doctor, a robot & a clown. Some of those pictured above are missing accessories & cloth also some of the printing is incomplete. One has the wrong head and one has the wrong colour arms & hands."

I'm not going to take it seriously until there's proof, especially since we've had the Series 2 Vampire, Lord Vampyre, and the Scooby-Doo one coming up. Another seems rather unlikely. Although it would make sense that the skeleton guy's head actually goes on a ghost character. As for the wrong arms and hands, I'd guess they mean the Flytrap Man, since the head sticks out without much lime on the body. Still, there's no confirmation, so I'm going the "grain of salt" way of thinking.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Oh, wow! That's subtle, I heard someone on Brickset say she had hair printing. but I didn't see it even then. I love it. Although why is a vampire so spider-themed? Did her coffin stay in the attic for too long?

"These will be released August 1. There will also be a ghost, a vampire, a doctor, a robot & a clown. Some of those pictured above are missing accessories & cloth also some of the printing is incomplete. One has the wrong head and one has the wrong colour arms & hands."

I'm not going to take it seriously until there's proof, especially since we've had the Series 2 Vampire, Lord Vampyre, and the Scooby-Doo one coming up. Another seems rather unlikely. Although it would make sense that the skeleton guy's head actually goes on a ghost character. As for the wrong arms and hands, I'd guess they mean the Flytrap Man, since the head sticks out without much lime on the body. Still, there's no confirmation, so I'm going the "grain of salt" way of thinking.

It is normally best to take everything with a grain of salt, but I think it's likely that we'll get another Vampire in S14. Vampires are often related to Halloween now, and it seems like Lego is making more and more of them. Plus that would be the fifth (male) Lego Vampire; because as we all know, nothing beats the dangerous king Vampire of ye old Studios line.

On another note, does anyone else think that the female Vampire shown here might work better in the Simpsons line? :grin:

As per my previous post, really hoping the plant man has the wrong head. As a actual monster I really like this figure, as a man in a costume, not as much.

Also better printing will help some of these figures into the realm of acceptable.

Scientist is a lost cause. I just hope someone comes to their senses.

I seriously doubt that these figures are preliminary-or at least, not enough to have major changes. So I think the only differences between what we see now and their official reveal will be more accessories and some parts switched around to their correct owners. I don't think the printing nor the scientist will change.

I like 'em!

I guess we're getting a New 52 Harley Quinn and '60s Julie Newmar Catwoman in the Super Heroes line at some point, too, judging from LEGO's mold-re-use propensity.

Wow! love these!!!! Great add-on!!!

Maybe that are simply minifigures that wear cloths for a halloowenn party? So we have a Monster band ( franky and the mosnters) and some others invited? :)

I totally agree. A few weeks back when I first heard of the monster theme, I wasn't really interested but now that I got a good look at them I absolutely love it! And what's most exciting are the new molds we're getting. Oh the possibilities.....

The CMF theme has been one of the most successful themes in last decade and that is due to LEGO great ability to recreate every day, sports, sci-fi, historical (etc) characters in LEGO form.

And I've always thought that when they started to release dumb minifigures, that would be the beginning of the end.

I must say this.... is a pretty mediocre series. And it's kinda to see how they messed up this theme by changing a formula that has been proven to be successful 13 times.

Another zombie? Another werewolf? Another crazy scientist? why?

The Rocker Monster is just an idiotic idea. When we were talking about S13 Lady Cyclops, I remember I was joking about getting Lady Minotaur and Lady Yeti. When I was about to type that, I remember that I thought "what about Skater Grandma?", and then I thought: Noo, that's way too silly, even for a joke. Now, I'm not sure about that anymore.

Sadly, I'm not the only one who thiks like this. I posted this on a facebook group called LEGO Collectors and they are getting mixed (and some pretty bad) reactions, and that never happened before in a CMF series.

Now, I do think this is the beginning of the end.

You know, since the Goblin's hat is appearing on classic GG in a Juniors set, I'm betting Newmar Catwoman will be in a DC Juniors set, since she really doesn't fit anywhere in the mainstream theme, and LEGO must have made the piece for her.

I don't want to be pessimistic here. I doubt LEGO is going to lose a massive CMF following, since if it sells, they'll keep going. Now I think Monster High is creepy, ugly, and atrocious. You know who doesn't care? Mattel. They're making a lot of money off of it. For CMFs, there's always been duds. Demolition Dummy, Lady Robot, Fitness Instructor- all characters that proved unpopular and garnered a lot of hate in the LEGO community. But there's been so much gold in the CMF theme-literally-, such as Medusa, the Spartan Warrior, and the Wizard, all of which have made a lot of people happy and kept the theme going. A few dumb ideas aren't enough to sink the ship, and kids like monsters, so I see no problem in terms of sales. These are far more appealing than the Botox skeleton monster Bratz that girls seem to like these days.

I don't want to be pessimistic here. I doubt LEGO is going to lose a massive CMF following, since if it sells, they'll keep going. Now I think Monster High is creepy, ugly, and atrocious. You know who doesn't care? Mattel. They're making a lot of money off of it. For CMFs, there's always been duds. Demolition Dummy, Lady Robot, Fitness Instructor- all characters that proved unpopular and garnered a lot of hate in the LEGO community. But there's been so much gold in the CMF theme-literally-, such as Medusa, the Spartan Warrior, and the Wizard, all of which have made a lot of people happy and kept the theme going. A few dumb ideas aren't enough to sink the ship, and kids like monsters, so I see no problem in terms of sales. These are far more appealing than the Botox skeleton monster Bratz that girls seem to like these days.

Yes but the Monster of Frankenstein is based on a character book, and he was not a rocker. They gave a random accessory to an already released minifigure. That's cheap.

I just thought LEGO was better than that... I guess I was wrong :sadnew:

Edited by Robert8

Not to mention that they've done two fairly serious and accurate adaptations of the Monster from the classic film. This series is designed to be a bit lighter and goofier-the colorful witch, cartoony scientist, the flytrap costume, the monsterized existing characters (Werewolf and Pirate Captain). It's not going to be so serious this time, since they've done tame (CMFs before), darker and spookier (Monster Fighters) and cartoonish (Scooby-Doo), so lighter characters with a Halloween theme (and thus costume-like appearances) were another option. In real life, there are dumb combination costumes, so a rockin' monster or zombie cheerleader aren't difficult to believe. At least they won't be doing a "Sexy Swamp Monster" costumed girl!

Edited by 8BrickMario

I guess you are correct.

the monsterized existing characters (Werewolf and Pirate Captain). It's not going to be so serious this time

This makes me think this will be a stand alone series rather than "Series 14".

Maybe "LEGO Collectible Minifigures Monsters Series"

Edited by Robert8

Perhaps, but the lack of a license and the 14 on the pumpkin mask (which could be on one of the remaining characters) so far make it seem like "Series 14-Monsters" rather than one or the other. But if the standard series are the only ones with numbers, then maybe it's separate.

SpiderSpaceman, this site does not interact well with Internet Explorer. At last every time I try to use that brower, I get weird stuff such as carriage returns not working. You might try Firefox or Chrome.

Using Chrome for Windows, and it's Brickset that's giving me grief. But I have certainly experienced IE being unusable for typing in Eurobricks - on a university computer. On my own computer I buried that terrible browser so deep as to never see it again :grin:

Incidentally, congrats on 1000 posts!

Well it could be, say, a vampire in a hawaiian shirt or something like that. The werewolf is coming from a tradition of s4 werewolf and monster fighters werewolf. I think it's pretty believable.

Because I'd say that those are surely witch socks, but there needs to be a continuation of the purple dress: that's your cloth piece.

Then you got the lack of leg bones on the skeleton suit. it goes hips->nothing->feet. What? There's the incomplete printing. For sure. I can't imagine that's the intended look for full production. (You're right that nothing's getting replaced at this point, obviously, there aren't any redesigns of decoration or parts, but surfaces missing print: right there)

I believe the skeleton is also the owner of the wrong head, like people have already said (I think I did too in my first post in the topic). The Man-Eating Plant having a panicking dude inside in flagrante digesto seems righter than the skeleton costume having a ghost head.

And maybe the arm screw up is on the Man-Eating Plant? Lime green with thorn print? Could badly use an accent color on the body section and it would make sense to continue the vines onto the poseable parts.

I kinda wish they'd potted the Man-Eating Plant, it needs something besides printed texture and a giant molded head.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry there 8BrickMario, reading comprehension issues there. You caught the lime arm thing and I didn't see it and parroted your comment.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

We are missing 1 female minifigure

So far, we know only 4: Lady Vampire, Zombie Cheerleader, Tiger Girl and Good Witch

I wonder what the 5th female will be

Edited by Robert8

I'm honestly surprised by how much vitriol this leak has gotten.

Maybe it's because a lot of them look really bad and mediocre.

Some thoughts on the minifigures I like from this series:

Tiger Girl. I don't know how she fits in this "Monsters" series, since she seems a costumed character to me. Just like the ones we have got before. It is just me or she looks like she is wearing a sexy costume?

She reminds me of Josie and the Pussy Cats

JosiePussycatsLogo.JPG.jpeg

Lady Vampire: I hope that's not her actual hairpiece because I don't think it fits her. With that hair she looks like one of "The Real Housewives of Monster Land". Not menacing at all.

Bellatrix Lestrange hairpiece would have been better, IMO

Good Witch: Best minifigure from this series. I've expecting something like this on the CMF theme. Love the hairpiece. I don't think those are her legs.

I guess she will get a black or dark gray Leprechaun's pot piece as a cauldron. Maybe with some printing, like this

cauldron3.png

Skeleton Guy: I think his head looks odd. Maybe he has a mask piece, resembling a skull. Looks good overall.

Flytrap Suit Guy: I'll wait to see the final version to make a judgement, but looks promising. He looks like Poison Ivy Henchman.

I don't care about the others but I wonder why LEGO made a Zombie Pirate instead of the Ghost Pirate from the Alexandre Boudon designs. That would be awesome

16350397701_ffe868db0a.jpg

Edited by Robert8

I think most of those looks pretty great, and this might be the first series I'll want to get every figure from!

Usually, I only get figures that work in a Castle or Pirates setting - but all these monsters, including several zombies... that's just too awesome to pass on.

Quite the series.... Everyone keeps saying that Lego dropped the ball here, but I think they complete hit the mark with what they were aiming for. These are Halloween and Halloween costumed characters with a general 70s feel. It will be very contemporary with the Scooby Doo line without being licensed. The skeleton guy is a kid in a skeleton shirt wearing a skeleton mask, and the witch is another kid in a costume. The piranha plant suit guy falls right in line with the other 'suited' characters. The mad scientist skirts the copyright infringement with the minions without crossing it. The cheerleader and the new businessman are good variants on existing characters, and how many frankenstein's monsters do we have already? The guitar is a bit wierd, but it seems to fit in with the theme of this series. I think they have pretty much nailed what they were aiming for, I don't think they are 'losing ideas' or 'losing steam'. I don't think this is any worse than 2 Simpsons themed lines.

All that being said, this is a huge disappointment for me. The camp doesn't work into any of my historical builds, so the only figs I pick up will be for display. The tigersuit girl, the witch and the pigtails are the highlights of the line for my tastes, but we will see what the remaining figs are. I prefer the brown Monster Fighters werewolf to this one, but I prefer the zombified pirate captain to the previous CMF version.

And Simpsons 2 is next up, followed by S14 in the fall. This will save me a ton of money, but S13 was pretty stellar, so I can live with it.

Short of Mr. gold, I haven't missed a CMF yet.... And I certainly don't see that trend ending here. Every series leak we have hordes of adult collectors who abhor the new kids toys for being... Too kiddish. Like every series, not every fig is a home run, and so often the reason why a fig fails is because of economical (ie parts rehashing) decisions. So Lego may very well know what's coming from the AFOL community and move forward regardless.

In all, I'm plenty happy with what we've seen here, and I applaud TLG for doing something different with a line in its 14th (technically 16th) incarnation. Sure, the Frankenstein rocker is a bit of a reach, and the scientist mold might be the single worst new piece in the entire CMF theme, but 2 out of 16 is certainly forgiveable in my opinion. Between Monster Fighters, the Haunted House, & previous CMFs I have a tub devoted solely to the Monster faction, and I look forward to adding to it.

I also find it curious that so many readers have begged for more zombies, and now that they are confirmed, they're being condemned as rehashes? I love the Pirate Zombie and the Cheerleader as well, and the businessman zombie might be the only army builder of the series.

Curious to see if we also get an alternate Headless Horseman different from the upcoming Scooby Doo incarnation in this series....

We might, for two reasons:

1. The pumpkin mask had a 14 written on it.

2. LEGO likes to use a new mold as many times as possible.

So I wouldn't be surprised to see a pumpkin-headed monster in the group.

Wow, love these! I really want the Tiger Girl (looks very similar to Cheetah from DC), Flower Boy, Witch, Vampire Woman, and Werewolf. The others, not so much.

I hope these are fakes or this in my opinion could be the worst theme. Something about them screams custom to me. Very disappointing :(