Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14 Rumors and Discussion

I was hoping for some classic monsters, I'm sad to say that these look awful. They're just cheap rehashes (a Zombie cheerleader, a Frankensteins monster rock star)

Also there's a wierd mix of what I assume people dressing up as monsters and actual monsters. Nice nod to the old Studios werewolf tough.

But I might get a Tiger Girl just to moc a purist Tigra. Otherwise, I'll probably pass.

I was hoping for some classic monsters, I'm sad to say that these look awful. They're just cheap rehashes (a Zombie cheerleader, a Frankensteins monster rock star)

What other classic monsters were you expecting without getting any rehashes? In previous themes and CMF waves we've gotten werewolves, vampires, a gorgon, zombies, Frankenstein's monster(s), gillmen, a minotaur, invisible man(in Ultra Agents, but still), mummies, mad scientists, and presumably a few more types in Scooby Doo like the Headless Horseman. That covers almost everything. Not trying to challenge your negative opinion which you are welcome to, just wondering what else they could have done?

I see a lot of these fitting into mini-themes of their own. There's the costume-wearing humans. Then there's the teenaged monsters(presumably to go with Spooky Girl from CMF12). Then more general-purpose zombies.

The Spooky Skeleton Man I have no idea... my first instinct was he looked sort of like a take on Cesare from The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.

Actually it'd be nice if they had a Phantom of the Opera, that's a biggie they've missed thus far.

Edited by blarghiflargh

Well there's still some monsters they could have done, Invisible Man, Ghost Pirate, Masked Killer, The Fly, a Harpy.. Granted it would be hard to come up with 16 both new and goodlooking minifigures, I would have wanted some more original ones. However I do like the werewolf, since we haven't had a modern gray one, and it's cool how he's the Lumberjack from series 5

like the warewolfs clothes too... looks like he ate the lumberjack from a previous series and stole his outfit.

Good observation! That is indeed the same Lumberjack from Series 5, right down to the name Kel on the shirt. But I wouldn't say he ate him, more like that is him! Now that's a bio I'd like to read.

Well there's still some monsters they could have done, Invisible Man, Ghost Pirate, Masked Killer, The Fly, a Harpy.. Granted it would be hard to come up with 16 both new and goodlooking minifigures, I would have wanted some more original ones. However I do like the werewolf, since we haven't had a modern gray one, and it's cool how he's the Lumberjack from series 5

Well, we do have a zombie pirate in this batch, that's pretty close to Ghost Pirate... The fly seems like an easy thing to do, they could repurpose a head from Galaxy Squad.

Still, there's 5 slots left open, maybe we'll get something a little more to your tastes.

The witch kinda reminds me of the Scooby Doo episode "Which Witch is Which".

Could be a cross-over like I suggested ?

The werewolf is a turned Series 5 lumberjack, ha-ha :laugh:

Most of them looks pretty good, like the zombie cheerleader or the witch. The mad scientist looks too plain to me though.

And the skeleton guy looks quite familiar. :classic:

Another cheerleader???

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME

This crossed the line for me. Kinda ruining the CMF theme by adding a themed series

Edited by Robert8

Another cheerleader???

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME

This crossed the line for me. Kinda ruining the CMF theme by adding a themed series

Well, she might attend Zombie High ?

Though why a rehash of past CMF's in a horror/zombie form ?

Well, she might attend Zombie High ?

Though why a rehash of past CMF's in a horror/zombie form ?

I don't mind the constumed characters (Tiger Woman), nor the new monsters (Lady Vampire and Classic Witch)

But, what's up with that " Rocker Frankenstein Monster"???? Where is the sense on that?

It sounds like a cheap Mega Bloks trash.... just like that "Surfer Santa" thing they released some time ago

Edited by Robert8

I don't mind the constumed characters (Tyger Woman), nor the new monsters (Lady Vampire and Classic Witch)

But, what's up with that " Rocker Frankenstein Monster"???? Where is the sense on that?

It sounds like a cheap Mega Bloks trash.... just like that "Surfer Santa" thing they released some time ago

Maybe Lego are running out of ideas......or have come up with a half hearted one ?

I don't mind Rockstar Monster.....why not ? Many shows on Cartoon Network revolve around silly ideas like that......i.e. Regular Show, Adverture Time, Gumball......do I need to go on ? :laugh:

Where is the zombie cheerleader I'm not seeing her in that link.

Try this link.....http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/w%3D580/sign=f8ca5a28f436afc30e0c3f6d8318eb85/905c8d26cffc1e1771079bd94990f603718de990.jpg

Well in each cmf series there's always the strong points and the low ones.I don't have any problems with zombie cheerleader(I actually find her cute) but I do have with the broken glasses zombie guy....I mean what hell is he supposed to be??Well he's definitely not scary.

Maybe he is an undead IRS or ATO worker ? :laugh:

I wonder why some of series 14 look highly detailed yet a few look so basic and cheap looking ? :blush:

wowee. What an awesome collection of new stuff. The cat-ears and pigtails are gonna be popular, I can tell. And the plant monster man is hands-down my favourite. Gonna have a hard time picking just a few of these to buy.

Maybe he is an undead IRS or ATO worker ? :laugh:

I wonder why some of series 14 look highly detailed yet a few look so basic and cheap looking ? :blush:

Probably some of the them aren't CMF minifigs but just from regular set? I noticed that some of them don't have any accessories, which is pretty uncommon for CMF. Perhaps someone who is familiar with SD could identify few characters from them.

Edited by Haier1989

I think these look ok. They are a lot more colorful overall than I expected, and I'm not a super fan of the monster versions of past CMFs.

The Zombies look good, well the male one does--I think the female cheerleader one seems a bit too exagerated to fit in like a post-apoc setting. I'm iffy on the zombie Captain--since the regular CMF Captain he is based on was a poor figure to begin with; but I think if he has a beard he might be great. The witch is very bright colored, and I hope (and most likely she will) come with a skirt piece. The frowny cat is a plus though!

I think my favorite ones are the Cheetah girl and the Little Shop of Horrors plant costume. The former because she would pass well as a great DC Cheetah, and the plant because well it's cool. Interestingly, I feel the hair piece for the Cheetah girl would work perfectly for a 60's themed Catwoman.

Okay, my post got deleted.

Rocker Monster: I like the new head and monster head prints, but otherwise, he's not much.

Zombie Businessman: Why is a normal civilian minifigure in this series? It's a monster series! :laugh: Actually, I like him quite a bit.

Zombie Cheerleader: I love her, not only because her hair is promising for the Jokerland DC set. Her design is just great, and I much prefer her to the previous cheerleaders.

Vampiress: I'm glad to get a CMF vampire woman. The design is great, and the return of Velma Staplebot's hair is icing on the cake.

Witch: Phenomenal. I've always loved a good Halloween witch, and she is one. Her tooth, her frowny black cat, the new hat/hair, the shade of green, the purple clothes, and the stripy stockings make her a winner in my book. A skirt would be great, too.

Venus Flytrap Man: I don't know if he's in costume, or if he's a victim. I need to see other angles of the flower head to decide.

Werewolf Lumberjack: I think it's hilarious that they turned a previous CMF into a monster. I'm going to get him.

Tiger Girl: All I can think when I see her hair is '66 Catwoman. Otherwise, she doesn't fit with the monster theme too well. I don't care too much for her.

Zombie Pirate Captain: And another monsterized character who already existed as a CMF! Getting him too.

Mad Scientist: Eww. That head is just wrong in so many ways. He's unnervingly cartoonish, and he doesn't quite fit. I'll still get him for his body and pink mad science flask!

Skeleton Boy: A clever, tongue-in-cheek LEGO take on the skeleton suit, but he's just sort of boring to me. The face is oddly in line with the Spooky Girl's.

I'm madly crossing my fingers for one of the unseen figs to be a Bride of Frankenstein! And a Phantom (of the Opera) character could be likely.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Hold on, are we sure these are CMFs? A LOT of those seem like monsters, and we know there's supposed to be a Scooby Doo theme of some sort later in the year, right?

The Toy Fair report did not include any of these monsters, and there had been rumors of a monster-themed CMF series for a while. So yes, these are going to be in the CMF series 14.