Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14 Rumors and Discussion

Not sure how I feel about this. Could be interesting, but I would have preferred a standard varied series.

At least I hoped 2 out the 3 series each year would be regular ones, with the third being a special series. But now, it seems like regular series are becoming the exception rather than the norm.

A whole series dedicated to monsters?! YES!

After these news: http://www.groovebri...ming-late-2015/

I wouldn't be surprised if this "Series 14" ends up being a Simpsons Halloween Series with Treehouse Of Horror minifigures

I hope not, I say a big no to this, we already have two whole waves dedicated to the Simpsons, I don't want 2 of them in a single year. I'm ok with one but not two.

Hmmm...

They could do a Sasquatch as a repaint of the Yeti. Headless Horseman would be pretty easy. And they could do a "Bride of Frankenstein" with a new really tall hairdo. What else could they do with the unique CMF molds we have?

And they could do a "Bride of Frankenstein" with a new really tall hairdo.

That could be funny.

But I am still a little puzzled: The next series will come in Q2/2015.

That is far far from Halloween. A monster series would fit in much better later in the year.

This "Series 14" is scheduled to be released on October, 2015

The next one is The Simpsons Series 2, May 2015

Well there are two questionable points if this is true: 1) October/Halloween, which is exacly the same time for series 12 in 2014, but suppose that there is only one series before October, I'm dissapointed by the fact 2015 schedule is not improved much. Second, we love monsters and Halloween but not sure if this should be a "special series" and could violate the uncodified rule of the diversity for a single series.

Again, if LEGO want to add more kinds of special series in this line, I seriously hope LEGO to increase their CMF annual production to ensure the seat of traditional series.

I think the Simpsons was a test case to see if a single themed cmf line would sell. I suspect we will be seeing more of these type of cmf lines in the future.

I thought too, which is a reason why I presonally think series 2 coming right after that is not a good decision.

The more I think about this, the less sense it makes to me.

IMO, The odds are:

1. (20%) This will be Series 14. For some reason, they changed the CMF format and they will make a themed numbered series. This sounds iffy, since the fans who doesn't like the monsters won't get a single minifigure. Besides, if they "consume" the monsters subtheme by releasing 16 of them at the same time, what monsters will they include in later series?

2. (35%) This will be a stand alone series. Similar to The LEGO Movie Series, this will be a series without number, separated from the regular series. This would allow them to make some repeats like Dracula and Frankenstein. This could be possible, since 16 spots are hard to fill in a monsters series. There is still chance, these monsters will be original creations by LEGO, similar to the Ultra Agents villains.

3. (40%) This will be a licensed series. This "monsters" series comes just in time for the Scooby-Doo new theme. Scooby-Doo has plenty of monsters, enough to make sets and a CMF series. Or this could be another Simpsons series, with THO minifigures. I think is possible since the Simpsons theme has been pretty successful. There always a chance for a new license.

4. (5%) This is a fake rumour. Series 14 will be a regular numbered series

Edited by Robert8

I have a feeling the Scooby Doo Monsters will be different from what we're used to seeing. In Scooby Doo, there are no actual monsters, so I expect all the 'monsters' to be costume type minifigs, with human heads, zippers, etc.

I love monsters but was never a fan of Scooby Doo, so I'm not sure what I'll do able this theme.

As for numbering, I do believe and hope that'll we'll be getting a Halloween theme in October. Considering that the Lego movie was deemed a 'Special Series' outside of the numbering, I have to imagine that a Halloween theme will be a 'special series' as well.

Further more, I have a sneaking suspicion we'll be seeing many more special series in the rotation. In fact, I almost won't be surprised if the series numbers started aligning with the year, and we started getting 1 numbered and two specials every year for a while. Surely the Simpsons are not the only Licensed theme that will get the CMF treatment.

I hope this series will be a standalone special series that is based on original theme from Minifigures, not a licensed themed. We never seen any of the original-themed CMF series that based on such as Halloween themed Series, City themed Series, and Holiday themed series.

If this theme is either a standalone special series or a numbered series, I will buy them, but if its licensed themed, I will NOT buy those and save my money for Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas.

EDIT: There's some monster or any of the halloween based minifigures that LEGO never produced before such as Frankenstein's Monster Bride, Lady Vampire (Not the one from MF), Swamp Creature (Same as Lady Vampire), a Ghost, Phantom of the Opera, and either a Skeleton suit person. In my opinion, why would this series will be based on Simpsons Treehouse of Horror since were getting another regular Simpsons series 2 this year?

Edited by legofanatic12

I wouldn't be surprised if this "Series 14" ends up being a Simpsons Halloween Series with Treehouse Of Horror minifigures

O_O Now THAT would be something i'd open my wallet to! I love the THOH Episodes

I wonder whether they will be real monsters or regular people dressed up as monsters?

I might actually prefer the 2nd alternative, it would be funny and save the real monsters for regular releases.

hopefully if they do a halloween stand alone series, they also do a christmas one, though i think theyve done everything possible already. 16 different elves would be wicked.

I'm curious to know if anyone who went to the London toy fair heard anything on series 14? Was there a display there?

Brick Fanatics said the Simpsons Series 2 wasn't there, so I doubt Series 14 was there.

Hmmm, isn't there also the possibility that a Hallowe'en timed 'Monster' theme might be a one-off special like TeamGB for the 2012 Olympics. It might not be a full line-up of 16 characters ...

OMG !

Some are okay, some are AWESOME !

The tiger girl :wub: , female vampire :wub: , mad scientist :grin:, zombie pirate :grin: and Frankie the rockstar ! :grin:

Oh, I can't wait for some of these........they might go well with the new SD theme as add on's in our layouts/displays right ? :grin: :grin:

Thanks for the link 'Haier1989' ! :grin:

Yea thanks alot Haier!!!Some of those minifigs look silly but most of them look fantastic :grin: The Witch,Werewolf and Zombie Pirate are must buys!!!

I count 11 minifigs,so that means we're missing 5 more.

Edited by LOTR34

After seeing the pictures, I am sold. This series looks amazing! I have always loved Halloween, and monster figures are some of my favorite aside from castle/fantasy. From those pictures it looks like we will be getting a nice mix of new (for LEGO) classic monsters along with costumed figures and fun takes on old classics. The zombie ones (three of them so far!) are my favorite, but I don't see a single disappointment out of those pictures. They all look amazing! I can't wait to see the rest of them!

Personally I hope this does mean they'll do more themed series in the future. Do one new "standard" series every year, then a licensed one, then a themed one. Just think of the possibilities! A castle series, a space series, a mythology series, even a Christmas series. I think it would work great. Do one series for everybody, then everyone can get what they want, and then the licensed and themed series will provide something for certain groups of fans. And if you don't like the licensed or themed series of that year, you can just save your money until the next "standard" series. It also would presumably increase the quality of the standard series. I mean if you think about it, in the past the last series of the year have been less then spectacular (series 8, series 11). Keeping it limited to one series a year should increase the overall quality of the series, and then you would have the specialized series that, from the first look at this monsters series, will allow LEGO to experiment with awesome new ideas they haven't tried before (and probably wouldn't have gotten to if they'd only released one or two monster figures a year in the standard series).

that mad scientist could almost pass for a minion! they all look good... must get the witch for her cat. like the warewolfs clothes too... looks like he ate the lumberjack from a previous series and stole his outfit.

Heebiejeebies! Those minifigs look fun, although many of them are rehashes.

It looks like we will get:

1. Mad Scientist

2. Skeleton Suit Guy

3. Zombie Pirate Captain

4. Grey Werewolf

5. Flytrap Suit Guy

6. Witch

7. Lady Vampire

8. Rocker Frankenstein

9. Zombie Businessman

10. Zombie Cheerleader

11. Tiger Girl

...and five others not yet revealed.

Was really hoping the Scooby Doo villian rumor was true but always knew it was a longshot.

I like the Tiger Girl, the Zombies, female Vampire and the Witch. Will definitely be skipping the mad scientist. Not a fan of the gloves or head. Hopefully the last five aren't far behind.

Thanks for the link Haier1989!

Pirate Captain is a must... frankly I want the entire series. Wow.

Also does the Tiger Girl's hair piece not look EXACTLY like 60s Batman tv series Catwoman? Hmmm....

Edited by blarghiflargh