Sign in to follow this  
quentinfarquar

Winter Village - My 2014 scene, now on 8 boards..

I need to take some better shots, but this is my latest version for 2014. I am now up to 8 boards, but for 2015 I am planning to start straight away and make some MOC's like a Church or bar and also I want some bigger trees. The plan is also to make it more modular so I can break it and build it more easily.

photo_zpse97ccc15.jpg

That is one big layout there......I look forward to your MOC's down the track for next Winter......Brick On 'quentinfarquar' ! :grin:

This looks amazing...so detailed and I love the way you have incorporated the official sets to and 'Winterfied' them :sweet:

I think it will look even better when you build in the trees...I personally think brick built landscaping and vegetation looks so much better than the standard parts that TLG provide. I know its more costly solution and definitely time consuming (the tree from my Winter Contest Entry from last year took an age to get right) but its worth it. Maybe pop over to the Historica Forums, where you will see some amazing landscaping ideas!

Wow, that looks amazing!

I really like the way you integrated the offical sets in your diorama :classic:

Brick on! :wink:

Edited by Balbo

I have bought all my extra bricks from pick a brick so far, and it's pricey. Do you guys have a better way of obtaining bricks, say for the trees.

I will do some better shots of the scene.

PAB at the LEGO Store, or S@H? The former is probably the cheapest way to get new bricks if they have what you want; the latter is probably the most expensive.

Otherwise, especially if you need certain colors, it's got to be bricklink.

This looks so cool! Please add some more photos so we can get a better look at all the details.

This is simply amazing! I started my winter village display this year and I have a small sledding hill. Your ski hill is incredible! Definitely my favorite part. That or the train or the tunnel or the.......