Sign in to follow this  
Hammerhand

Book 2: Challenge 3: Cat. A (Men's Quest) - Loose Tongues

Though it was known that the dwarves were planning some sort of invasion into Avalonia to fight the Drow, the specifics of where, when, and how, were still unknown. So to find out , it was decided to use a different sort of method to get the dwarves to talk... Mead. Lots of Mead. Just how much, and how expensive it would be, was definitely underestimated. Buy them a couple of drinks, the spies were told, and they'll start talking. A couple?

The dwarves guzzled the mead by the bottle, and it wasn't until the head spy ordered the tavern keeper to bring out his supply barrel that the dwarves were finally drunk enough to let loose. Seeing the barrel being brought to their table, one dwarf was so overjoyed (err, drunk) that he jumped on the table and started bragging about his clan's "ingenious" plan to "get around the elves and crush those bloody drow". This plan involved sailing down to the Southern Avalonia coast where they would be least expected, while their kinsman tunneled over the border, providing a distraction. Once on Avalonian shores, they could use the ancient drow tunnels, of which they had acquired maps of, to come up from the south, defeat the drow, and be gone before the elves could discover they were there.

While the dwarves continued their revelry, the spies took their leave, and headed swiftly to report the news. Whatever was necessary must be done to stop the dwarves from possibly causing a civil war.

fed9f47c-4124-44c5-a91a-812074b28246_zpsd3643e5e.jpg

One of the dwarves must have fallen onto the floor in a drunken stupor... Ah, well, he's happy at least. His other companion looks like he might soon join him...

20267728-1bd9-42ac-a019-57302e444add_zps8a964494.jpg

a961979a-7fca-40fb-9fe5-43cf171550c6_zpse1434822.jpg

Here's the build minus the minifigs and mead.

Another last minute entry from me... I guess I'm carrying on my tradition, or something like that. :laugh: I got the idea for the build yesterday, and managed to mostly finish it last night. We'll see if I can build my ideas for Cat. B and C in time too...

Anyways, I hope y'all like it, and thanks for looking!

Edited by Hammerhand

For a rushed entry, I like it! The floor is fantastic, and the moose is well built, though those rafters take the cake! Well done!

I agree with what has been said, Hammerhand!

The different wood styles, the rafters, and the moose head are all excellent! The story is interesting as well. The flags in the rafters make a nice incorporation of the guild colors.

Great scene, I love the rafters and cozy feel of this build. Good angle on the story too, and that mounted head is superb!

Wow! You sure have built a great moc! and this is rushed?! Some sweet details like the moose head and candle lights!

Sweet wooden architecture! Especially those rafters and the floor :thumbup: The lower section being stone gives some nice contrast to the reddish brown and I like your candle holder design, I may borrow it in the future :classic:

As others have commented, the rafters and candleholders are great standout details in this build.

The wooden floor and decorationsare amazing HH :) The wooden details at the roof also caught my eye. Great entry!

Hehehe, get dwarves drunk enough, and they'll tell you anything! Nice build, love the flooring and the deer trophy on the wall!

Edited by Jorrith