Robert8

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

Well, it was made by LEGO, so you never know. I think it would be canon because they are both LEGO originals. That is just my thinking.

I hope it isn't dark ages... I'd hate to see Emmet dusty and disappointed.

For Bricksburg, I doubt it would change considering he hasn't touched LEGO in years probably.

Well, isn't most of Bricksburg the creation of the Man upstairs though? I think unless he's no longer an active AFOL, we may see some changes to the city.

Well, isn't most of Bricksburg the creation of the Man upstairs though? I think unless he's no longer an active AFOL, we may see some changes to the city.

True, and also the younger sister.

I've been out-witted.

22 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The LEGO Movie Sequel Changes Directors

Source: http://www.thebrickfan.com/the-lego-movie-sequel-changes-directors/

Oh my god. Rewrites are okay (Rogue One went through drastic reshoots and turned out great) but all these changes are really shaking the foundation of this movie…

Please don't screw this up… :distressed:

49 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

This is going to be a disaster. I can tell.

I sure hope not… but it seems likely.

It's like in 2019 you have nothing at all to worry about. Directors drop out all the time due to priorities and everything. There is a problem when a movie is set to be out next year and they've lost two directors and have brought in someone to rewrite the script (I'm talking about the Flash by the way :grin:)

Yeah but they already changed thw writers, the directors, the release date.... It's like they don't know what to do with this movie. They only know that they want more money 

I thinking this might be a prequel

Maybe we are going to see Finn's dad childhood? And that would solve the most important conundrum of them all: where did he get the TLM minifigures from? How did he get Emmet, Vitruvious, President Business.... before the release of the Lego Movie

Are those customs? Is Finn's dad a time traveler? Does Finn's dad work for LEGO and he got early access to them? :wacko:

Edited by Robert8

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Maybe we are going to see Finn's dad childhood? And that would solve the most important conundrum of them all: where did he get the TLM minifigures from? How did he get Emmet, Vitruvious, President Business.... before the release of the Lego Movie

They're probably figbarfs done by Finn. 

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah but they already changed thw writers, the directors, the release date.... It's like they don't know what to do with this movie. 

I'm not surprised. The first movie's ending was pretty conclusive. Where do you go from there? I mean, Duplo aren't likely to be the villains...

13 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I'm not surprised. The first movie's ending was pretty conclusive. Where do you go from there? I mean, Duplo aren't likely to be the villains...

Time skip. Show how the play world of Finn, his sister, and their father has changed as the children have started to grow up and their interests have changed. This also makes sense since Finn's actor will have physically aged in the time between movies.

The tongue-in-cheek cliffhanger ending of The LEGO Movie doesn't mean that the entire second film has to be built directly off of that ending. It's not like Andy and his family getting a puppy at the end of Toy Story set that up to be the main conflict of the subsequent Toy Story movies. It was there as an element of the story (just as Finn's sister and her impact on Emmet's world surely will be in the LEGO Movie sequel), but the actual conflicts of subsequent movies were driven by how the characters and their relationships to one another had changed in the intervening time.

31 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Time skip. Show how the play world of Finn, his sister, and their father has changed as the children have started to grow up and their interests have changed. This also makes sense since Finn's actor will have physically aged in the time between movies.

The tongue-in-cheek cliffhanger ending of The LEGO Movie doesn't mean that the entire second film has to be built directly off of that ending. It's not like Andy and his family getting a puppy at the end of Toy Story set that up to be the main conflict of the subsequent Toy Story movies. It was there as an element of the story (just as Finn's sister and her impact on Emmet's world surely will be in the LEGO Movie sequel), but the actual conflicts of subsequent movies were driven by how the characters and their relationships to one another had changed in the intervening time.

I think there was an article long ago about a "dystopian" Bricksburg being the setting of the movie. Since Finn will have aged definitely, he'll obviously get some new interests and completely forget about Legos, and just throw them in some dark basement or stash them in bags, boxes, and make their world a dystopia. That seems like the perfect (and most logical) thing to do with the story.

22 hours ago, Cagast said:

I think there was an article long ago about a "dystopian" Bricksburg being the setting of the movie. Since Finn will have aged definitely, he'll obviously get some new interests and completely forget about Legos, and just throw them in some dark basement or stash them in bags, boxes, and make their world a dystopia. That seems like the perfect (and most logical) thing to do with the story.

Very Toy Story 3 esque. I like that idea! That'd be pretty neat! 

I would be fine if the sequel moved on away from the original human family and focused on a different set of Lego minifigures. It would be a chance to try to popularize characters other than Wyldstyle, Benny, Emmett.

8 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

I would be fine if the sequel moved on away from the original human family and focused on a different set of Lego minifigures. It would be a chance to try to popularize characters other than Wyldstyle, Benny, Emmett.

Isn't that already what some of the spin-off movies are doing, though? I mean, the Batman and Ninjago movies only really feature one character each from The Lego Movie (and the latter was a non-speaking background character). There's nothing wrong with introducing new characters but for a true sequel, some sense of continuity is desirable. I'm sure that there are still plenty of great stories that can be explored with characters from the first movie as the focus.

On 06/02/2017 at 11:25 PM, Aanchir said:

The main narrative may not work now we know that it's all Finn's imagination though.

I'm not suggesting they do like live action GI Joe and replace all the characters from the first movie in the beginning of the sequel. Lego has other themes that could be represented like Castle, armored space marines, etc. If they emphasized some new characters, that's that much more merchandising revenue, unless they just re-use the same characters but give them slightly different outfits and hope fans buy those.

I prefer more screen time for the Lego people rather than live action kid.

7 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

The main narrative may not work now we know that it's all Finn's imagination though.

I think to view the live-action scenes as the only parts of the movie are "real" and the rest as merely an imagined story is to misunderstand the postmodern storytelling of the movie. An important thing to note is that despite the reveal that Emmet's world was shaped largely by the actions of Finn and The Man upstairs, the fact that Emmet still had some degree of movement, awareness, and self-determination in the decidedly live-action scenes implies that the Lego characters are still "real" to a certain extent and are meant to have their own agency independent of their creators. The movie's deliberate homages to the Matrix films are worth noting. Like that series' references to Plato, the actions of Finn and The Man Upstairs influence their world in ways that the Lego characters only perceive like "shadows on a cave wall". To the Lego characters, the human characters are like gods, creating their world and affecting their circumstances invisibly, but not necessarily subverting their own free will. Emmet is one of the only characters who is "enlightened" and has had a glimpse behind the veil, and the people behind The Lego Movie sequel have teased that that knowledge might lead him to start questioning a lot about the nature of his existence and have something of a crisis of faith.

18 hours ago, Lyichir said:

To the Lego characters, the human characters are like gods, creating their world and affecting their circumstances invisibly, but not necessarily subverting their own free will. Emmet is one of the only characters who is "enlightened" and has had a glimpse behind the veil, and the people behind The Lego Movie sequel have teased that that knowledge might lead him to start questioning a lot about the nature of his existence and have something of a crisis of faith.

That sounds like an interesting area for a sequel. It would be great if they could have Mulder and Scully from The X Files cameo in LEGO form to tie in with Emmet's existential crisis! 

So I read on Hothbricks that Chris McKay said that there will be a lot of awesome music and space action! HYPE!!!!

2 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

So I read on Hothbricks that Chris McKay said that there will be a lot of awesome music and space action! HYPE!!!!

'Space action'?

If it's largely set in space, then can we expect cameos from The Doctor and the Guardians of the Galaxy?

Wonder if that means Benny will have a larger role. Also, interesting that it will be a musical. Honestly not sure what to think of that yet. :laugh:

Benny anh his spaceship were pretty popular, so I wouldn't be surprised if there will a bigger classic space set in this film. Like a space base or something