Robert8

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

Well, perhaps that means they are wanting to make sure it's just as perfect as the first.

Maybe they want to make something like Toy Story 3 and they are waiting for Finn to age :laugh:

Edited by Robert8

Hum.

I had a lot of faith in it when it was Lord and Miller's writing, but I don't have much confidence now...

I hope I'm wrong.

I wouldn't really worry, rewrites are super common for animated movies. It's a big endeavor and takes a lot of time to put together, usually about five years. Before they ever animate a single frame they do their best to make the script as good as possible. Unlike live action movies you can't really do reshoots at the last minute if something's not working (Well, you sort of can, but it's costly and it's time consuming), so most animated movies will do multiple rewrites and spend masses of time developing the movie to avoid problems later on.

As some of you might recall the first Lego Movie went through a lot of drafts and how it turned out in the final version is far removed from the final product. Remember too that WB set the bar pretty high with the first one, likely they're pulling out all the stops to get as much of a repeat performance of the first one as they can.

Edited by strangely

What happened to the Duplo plot? If they are the villain in the movie (bear with me and say they were the villain for the whole portion of the movie), do you think that Duplo blocks and LEGO bricks could end up in the same set...? I have to admit that would be kind of interesting.

I don't actually think they'll use Duplo for the sequel. Assuming that several years pass between movies it's likely that the little sister will have moved onto something like Friends by then.

I think the Duplo thing was mostly a throw away joke.

Edited by strangely

Duplo and LEGO are already both used in some of the "Serious Play" sets, so that wouldn't be anything new.

I do agree however, that Duplo will likely not be the villains. I wouldn't assume The Underminer is the villain of Incredibles 2, and it's basically the same type of shtick.

Duplo and LEGO are already both used in some of the "Serious Play" sets, so that wouldn't be anything new.

I do agree however, that Duplo will likely not be the villains. I wouldn't assume The Underminer is the villain of Incredibles 2, and it's basically the same type of shtick.

That is true...

Duplo most likely won't be main villains, but they will probably appear few times in the movie as a reference to the first movie, and they will remain a joke.

I have to say I'm a little worried about this movie. From the looks of it it's going to be a disaster. It's already been delayed by more than a year twice and is undergoing a full script re-write. Plus, the kids who saw the first movie are going to be five full years older and most probably won't still be into Lego.

Then again, I didn't have high hopes for the fist movie, but it's going to be a miracle if this movie is as good as the first.

I have to say I'm a little worried about this movie. From the looks of it it's going to be a disaster. It's already been delayed by more than a year twice and is undergoing a full script re-write. Plus, the kids who saw the first movie are going to be five full years older and most probably won't still be into Lego.

Then again, I didn't have high hopes for the fist movie, but it's going to be a miracle if this movie is as good as the first.

But at least they aren't rushing it and taking their time with it

I never expect sequels to be anywhere near as good as the original.

I expect them to be just about half as good.

If they're better than that, I'm pleasantly surprised.

If they're worse than that, then I think I should be allowed to complain.

I never expect sequels to be anywhere near as good as the original.

I expect them to be just about half as good.

If they're better than that, I'm pleasantly surprised.

If they're worse than that, then I think I should be allowed to complain.

I suppose some sequels tend to ruin the franchise now a days

Well you know how it is sometimes with sequels, you put things off that sequel for quite some time and leave said sequel in development hell people will start forgetting that movie even exists, rush it out and you get a negative reception for your movie, don't rush it but take your time with it, then you might be onto something. Really depends on how you look at it both from a movie maker's perspective and an audience's point of view.

Exactly, amazingbricks. A couple of thoughts though...

1. Will there be humans?

2. New characters (eg. Marvel, more Star Wars)?

3. Maybe a reference to the Dimensions crisis? Come on, that was MAJOR!

Exactly, amazingbricks. A couple of thoughts though...

1. Will there be humans?

2. New characters (eg. Marvel, more Star Wars)?

3. Maybe a reference to the Dimensions crisis? Come on, that was MAJOR!

1. Probably, if they stick to the original idea of Finn going through the dark ages.

2. More than likely because of new themes popping up and the two spinoffs introducing new characters.

3. I doubt it, I didn't think Dimensions was canon to TLM universe.

My question is if they will stick to the main idea of the dark ages when rewrites come along. I also cannot wait to see how Bricksburg looks in the sequel, now that everyone can freely build.

3. I doubt it, I didn't think Dimensions was canon to TLM universe.

My question is if they will stick to the main idea of the dark ages when rewrites come along. I also cannot wait to see how Bricksburg looks in the sequel, now that everyone can freely build.

Well, it was made by LEGO, so you never know. I think it would be canon because they are both LEGO originals. That is just my thinking.

I hope it isn't dark ages... I'd hate to see Emmet dusty and disappointed.

For Bricksburg, I doubt it would change considering he hasn't touched LEGO in years probably.