Robert8

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

Watch Emmet's sister be Emma from Friends.

I'd prefer a completely new minidoll character rather than just Emma, but that would still work I suppose. :classic:

From a Q&A session with Lord & Miller:

They didn't want to go into spoilers, but they did say that they're writing the second Lego Movie right now and that it will focus on Emmett and his sister in a “weird, dystopian version of Bricksburg.” The time frame is gonna be a few years after the events of the last movie as well.

I guessed wrong then. I had thought that the next movie might involve the invasion of the forces from Planet Duplo, but that would have required the sequel to be right after the original. Four years later his sister will be well past Duplo.

Since TMNT will not be producing by LEGO, it is unknown if Mikey will replace by another licensed minifigure in this movie.

Maybe Steve and Alex from Minecraft will be in as their new master builders.

I hope we'll see the Scooby Doo gang there!

Agreed, since they are from Warner Bros along with DC Comics, Lord of the Rings, Harry Pottery, and Speed Racer.

However, Milhouse and Mikey are non-Disney licensed characters from the TV Show, but they made from different companies besides WB and Disney.

Friends characters would just look weird animated though. They don't have posable legs so they would just hop around like unikitty, which would be strange.

According to Mashable a new title has been revealed for TLM2, and the sequel will be officially called... *drumroll*...

"The Lego Movie Sequel."

Um.

That makes sense I suppose.

I actually really like that. I was expecting "The LEGO Movie 2", and was hoping it was something like "The Second LEGO Movie" instead. "The LEGO Movie Sequel" is an obvious yet simplistically beautiful name. :sweet:

What about the third movie then? "The LEGO Movie Second Sequel"?

Obviously, we don't even know if there will BE a third movie. It all depends on how the sequel does.

Wow, I didn't even know this news. First of all, I personally assume the Emmet's story and Finn's story as two different worlds of conciousness. They coexist, relate but wouldn't interact directly like Toy's Story is. We won't (probably) see Emmet shouting at Finn when he wants to abandon them or play in the way they dislike.

My assumption is that Finn becomes indifferent about the toys when he enters the dark age. Then, his sister takes his place by getting the full control of Emmet's world (why Bricksburg is never the same), and meanwhile she monopolizes her father's attention that originally belongs to Finn. When Finn finds out that his sister's doings, he becomes jealous and autocratic like his father had been, which yet again makes dangerous impacts on the TLM storyline. Finn tears the TLM world into two realms which belong to him and the sister respectively. In the TLM storyline, Emmet needs to find out to reassemble the worlds.

Week ago LEGO put some official things about Emma's family member in order to promote her family house set (but the most controversial part is that one of her family member doesn't even exist physically :sceptic: ). So, I don't think LEGO ever left a room for that setting. It's indeed weird for unrelated LEGO characters to share name traits, but it's not a rare case (ex, elf queen &; orange ninja). However, if LEGO deal with it like Wyldstyle being Batman's girlfriend, that is still possible anyway.

Friends characters would just look weird animated though. They don't have posable legs so they would just hop around like unikitty, which would be strange.

Why would Emmet's sister live in another world? :look: And while Emmet is a minifigure, she is a minidoll, that would be like a different race

In these waves, you should have probably seen the official animation videos for official LEGO sets advertisings (

) which show the moving minidolls. Yes, NInjago cartoons had minifigures bend their legs but TLM tend to make these details more realistic, so we won't see minidolls bend their hands even if they appear in TLM2.

Still, as I mentioned in previous topics, I think the main problem of minidolls' lacking is that "Friends/minidolls are not considered as a common being in the mainstream LEGO world." It could be safe to assume that Ninjago has minifigure citizens and Heartlake has minidolls only due to theme classifications. As for TLM, Bricksburg was meant to be a melting pot for all themes/figures to come across so we could see some minidolls live there are be brainwashed by Octan too.

I believe that introducing minifigures of Friends should be a feasible solution for this particular case so that the movement problem is never in the discussion. However, if LEGO is willing to discuss the pratical problem of having minidolls in the LEGO world in TLM2, I would agree with that way too.

Edited by Dorayaki

It could have no real villain. That would be a refreshing change from so many other movies.

There will be a villain. There always is. And how are we gonna get sets based on a movie if there are no antagonists in the sets?

I know there almost always is, and almost certainly will be with this particular movie; I was pointing out that there doesn't have to be.

I know there almost always is, and almost certainly will be with this particular movie; I was pointing out that there doesn't have to be.

I agree. It could just be about Bricksburg falling into a Dark Age, turning into a post-apocalyptic world. That way we could get some cool post-apoc sets!

Another thing to think about:

The first Movie was a great satire of blockbuster movies. I wonder if The Lego Movie Sequel will be a satire of sequels? It would make sense considering the title and Lord and Miler have done a clever satire of sequels before with 22 Jump Street.

Since Lord Business turned good in the first movie, but who will be the main villain in the sequel?

Perhaps Lord Business is not really good, just a dormant bad guy. Perhaps the other LEGO Lords will force him back to his evil ways. Or perhaps he betrays the other LEGO Lords and they are all the other bad guys.

By "LEGO Lords" I refer to all the LEGO created "Lord" villains.

Lord Sinister, Lord Vladek, Lord Garmadon, Lord Vampyre, and Lord Business. Possibly Bat-Lord as well...

My main question is this: Will Vitruvius be in the sequel? I mean, if you have Morgan Freeman in your franchise you don't just cut him out of the sequel! Maybe he'll go where other dead wizards go...

Maybe there's a Council of Fallen Wizards that he joins. He'd hang out with Gandalf the Grey, Dumbledore, Majisto, and....even Yoda or another ghost Jedi? :grin:

I have no idea, but I really hope Metalbeard and Benny appear in The LEGO Batman™ Movie and The LEGO Movie sequel.

Perhaps Lord Business is not really good, just a dormant bad guy. Perhaps the other LEGO Lords will force him back to his evil ways. Or perhaps he betrays the other LEGO Lords and they are all the other bad guys.

By "LEGO Lords" I refer to all the LEGO created "Lord" villains.

Lord Sinister, Lord Vladek, Lord Garmadon, Lord Vampyre, and Lord Business. Possibly Bat-Lord as well...

My main question is this: Will Vitruvius be in the sequel? I mean, if you have Morgan Freeman in your franchise you don't just cut him out of the sequel! Maybe he'll go where other dead wizards go...

Maybe there's a Council of Fallen Wizards that he joins. He'd hang out with Gandalf the Grey, Dumbledore, Majisto, and....even Yoda or another ghost Jedi? :grin:

I have no idea, but I really hope Metalbeard and Benny appear in The LEGO Batman™ Movie and The LEGO Movie sequel.

Lord Garmadon is good now.