Robert8

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

Here's my thoughts on the plot, as requested:

Spoiler

So, here's what I think the plot is. Emmet "creates" the Piece Offering after the Duplons trash Bricksburg, the Duplons leave with it, President Business goes golfing, but the citizens don't rebuild, giving you Apocalypsburg.

The DC Superheroes capture some villains and take off for parts unknown, except Batman and Harley. Green Lantern get "left behind" accidentally on purpose. Everyone complains constantly how "unheroic" Emmet is.

Sweet Mayhem shows up, captures everyone but Emmet, takes them to the Systar System. Queen menaces everyone.

Emmet meets Rex, they're buddies, they go to the first planet of the Systar System, and weird, here's all the DC Heroes and villains in an idyllic town, doing a musical number with a bunch of weirdos in costumes. The Wizard of Oz crew shows up here for a one-shot gag, and maybe participates in the singing. Rex and Emmet battle a bunch of creatures who are reminiscent of the Duplons, but System-Built.

Cut to Lucy, heading up a pop band, but it feels wrong. She shakes out of the Queen's control to discover that all her friends are also involved in either musical number (Metalbeard/Batman) or whatever they want most (Unikitty/Benny). She confronts the big version of Mayhem from the trailer.

Emmet frees the heroes, and they reveal that there is no Rex Dangervest. It was all Emmet. With newfound heroic courage whatsit, he speeds off to save his friends. He gets there just as Lucy is running from Mayhem, and she makes fun of his drawn-on stubble from when he was pretending to be Rex. Mahem and the Queen show up, and our heroes look doomed!

Then it cuts to a little girl playing with LEGO, and a teenage boy comes into her room and starts grousing about her messing with his stuff. It's Finn, and he's caught the teen angst and is in his Dark Age. Which is why Bricksburg never got rebuilt right. The little girl gives him an impassioned speech about how she misses how they used to share the LEGO, and turns the Queen back into the Piece Offering. Finn's love of building isn't necessarily reignited, but enough spark is there that he plays with his sister long enough for Mayhem to reveal she is Emmet's long-lost sister, and Batman to marry probably Susan or something.

Only thing I haven't figured out is where The Man Upstairs is. Otherwise I don't see why he didn't rebuild Bricksburg. Maybe he's dead or the parents got a divorce and we'll get some Very Special Lesson about that, but I think it's far more likely that he's "just too busy" to rebuild now that he's started golfing on the weekends or something.

Just now, Renny The Spaceman said:

So the rumours of two Aquamans (Aquamen?)  has been confirmed by TLM2 Instagram

Just bringing it here...

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

My guess?  I'll go with the obvious:

Robert Pattinson.

I'm not so sure

Rumor has it he hates the Edward Cullen character

But maybe for the money.... who knows

1 hour ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

New TV spot was shown by a user on twitter. It shows new clips of Harley, Batman and most importantly Benny claiming "There are so many more spaceships on this adventure!"

I can't find it, could you provide a link? 

Something I noticed from the sets

Spoiler

In Systar Spaceship set Lucy has her wastelander outfit. The same one from the trailers

Related image

But in the Introducing the Queen Whatevra set, she has her TLM1 outfit.... But it should have been her wastelander outfit, right? This takes place after the Systar Sytem set, and Lucy is shown in the trailer wearing it in that scene. 

Image result for introducing the queen watevra

So, maybe Lucy met the Queen BEFORE being kidnapped by Sweet Mayhem (along with Batman, Ultrakitty, etc). And the she was brainwashed or something by Balthazar and forgot about it

What would the point of re-releasing the Movie 1 minifigure if it wasn't on purpose

Edited by Robert8

On 12/29/2018 at 7:37 AM, Renny The Spaceman said:

It's not the best quality 

Well then, here it is finally in much better quality...

3 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Space squad, Space squad, SPACE SQUAD!

I wanted to share that here eariler, but I was waiting for a better quality copy of the TV spot that snippet appeared in. Well, as of this morning, someone on YouTube has finally uploaded a much better look:

I'm not a fan of how in the trailers we've  seen an abundance of the jokes are.

"Character A (Unikitty, Emmet, Rex) says something (Everything can be awesome, Nothing got in, We have to be super tough) then the opposite happens."  

1 hour ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

I'm not a fan of how in the trailers we've  seen an abundance of the jokes are.

"Character A (Unikitty, Emmet, Rex) says something (Everything can be awesome, Nothing got in, We have to be super tough) then the opposite happens."  

Well, I suspect they're saving up the best humor for the movie itself, as I remember not being amused by much of the comedy showcased in teasers/trailers for both The Lego Movie and The Lego Batman Movie. 

16 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, I suspect they're saving up the best humor for the movie itself, as I remember not being amused by much of the comedy showcased in teasers/trailers for both The Lego Movie and The Lego Batman Movie. 

I hope you're right

There is only 1 month left and I just dont feel the hype for this movie

I even watched a couple of Youtubers dedicated to film critic ranking the most anticipated animated movies in 2019, and TLM2 was event mentioned in the top 10. :sceptic:

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

There is only 1 month left and I just dont feel the hype for this movie

I even watched a couple of Youtubers dedicated to film critic ranking the most anticipated animated movies in 2019, and TLM2 was event mentioned in the top 10. :sceptic:

I don't know, even after the first movie took many critics by surprise, I think many still think of the franchise as kids' fare. That just seems to be the way it is with animated films outside of Disney/Pixar. :shrug_confused: