Robert8

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

13 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, according to this IGN article...

...so going by that, I'd imagine his look would probably be a fusion of cowboy garbs (as a reference to The Magnificent Seven remake he starred in), Star Lord's outfit, Owen Grady from the Jurassic World trilogy, and perhaps a little bit of Indiana Jones thrown in there (the character is described by some sources to be a part-time archaeologist, not to mention that Pratt was rumored by some awhile ago to be up for the role of a younger Jones for the fifth film).

If you ask me, this character sounds like he already deserves a spin-off movie of his own! :smug:

So what's I'm hearing is, Rex Dangervest is gonna pretty much be a fusion of every character Chris Pratt has ever played?

3 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So what's I'm hearing is, Rex Dangervest is gonna pretty much be a fusion of every character Chris Pratt has ever played?

At least an amalgamation of his more recent action star roles, as according to this Collider article...

Emmett goes on a one-man rescue mission to space where we meet a special character voiced by…. Chris Pratt. Rex Dangervest, a galaxy-saving archeologist, cowboy, and raptor wrangler — sound familiar? The two immediately become “Vest Friends!” and we see the two sides of Pratt’s persona — the goofy everyman and the cool tough guy — meet on screen. So meta.

18 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, according to this IGN article...

...so going by that, I'd imagine his look would probably be a fusion of cowboy garbs (as a reference to The Magnificent Seven remake he starred in), Star Lord's outfit, Owen Grady from the Jurassic World trilogy, and perhaps a little bit of Indiana Jones thrown in there (the character is described by some sources to be a part-time archaeologist, not to mention that Pratt was rumored by some awhile ago to be up for the role of a younger Jones for the fifth film).

This sounds like potential for a spot as my new favourite minifigure, just as long he is yellow skinned that is.

18 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If you ask me, this character sounds like he already deserves a spin-off movie of his own! :smug:

giphy.gif

By the way, there may be a slight possibility that we'll be seeing our first full-length trailer for the sequel next week attached to the upcoming animated film Smallfoot_releasing that weekend, as it is also a Warner Animation Group (WAG) produced movie, just like as @legonerd54321 had speculated earlier. :shrug_oh_well:

On 9/18/2018 at 3:08 PM, J4ck said:

This sounds like potential for a spot as my new favourite minifigure, just as long he is yellow skinned that is.

As described by IGN, he's said to be donning a jetpack, something we don't have a formal minifigure part for if you're not counting Boba Fett's, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how that will look as a part design-wise. That is, unless his jetpack is brick-built... :sceptic:

But yes, I too am both hoping and strongly expecting his figure to be yellow-skinned, being an original (though amalgamated) character and all. :classic:

On 9/20/2018 at 2:46 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, there may be a slight possibility that we'll be seeing our first full-length trailer for the sequel next week attached to the upcoming animated film Smallfoot_releasing that weekend, as it is also a Warner Animation Group (WAG) produced movie, just like as @legonerd54321 had speculated earlier. :shrug_oh_well:

This actually makes sense, they did this with TLNM. Although it wasn’t anything from the movie, they released a mini movie introducing the movie before the “Storks” film in October 2016.

On 9/20/2018 at 2:46 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

As described by IGN, he's said to be donning a jetpack, something we don't have a formal minifigure part for if you're not counting Boba Fett's, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how that will look as a part design-wise. That is, unless his jetpack is brick-built... :sceptic:

But yes, I too am both hoping and strongly expecting his figure to be yellow-skinned, being an original (though amalgamated) character and all. :classic:

If he has a new moulded weapon, that would be the cherry on the icing of the cake!

Edited by J4ck

20 minutes ago, J4ck said:

If he hasn’t a new moulded weapon, that would be the cherry on the icing of the cake!

While I could see them merely giving him dual preexisting raygun or revolver pistol molds, a new hybrid design of those two would be particularly cool to see instead! :grin:

17 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

.. except for this one, of course!

https://brickset.com/parts/design-24217

17 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

A colleague of Johnny Thunder and Clutch Powers would be much welcome, yes! 

In general, I am hoping that TLM 2 brings in a load of original IP cameos that were not present in the original movie. I even secretly hope to see Nexo Knights there. :blush:

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

In general, I am hoping that TLM 2 brings in a load of original IP cameos that were not present in the original movie. I even secretly hope to see Nexo Knights there. :blush:

Original IP cameos are most welcome, even new original characters, yes Lego bring these new pieces to us!

On 9/20/2018 at 2:18 PM, Exetrius said:

...except for this one, of course!

https://brickset.com/parts/design-24217

Ah yes, I forgot about that one! :classic:

Honestly though, I'm still guessing we'll end up seeing a new, sleeker jetpack mold introduced for this character, as Boba's and the one you cited may only be intended to be used for the Star Wars license (not to mention that the latter isn't very swooshy-looking anyway). Personally, I'd hope to see one that similar to the Rocketeer's in design:

837ea709589aa74993ec512043dec103.jpg

It seems the whole movie plot leaked

I don't know if this is true. Sounds legit

Spoiler

- Rex is another copy of the Emmet minifigure from another set. The Man Upstairs lost a long time ago. I guess he just replaced him with our current Emmet (think of Lotso, from Toy Story 3)

- Rex is the villain

- Benny, Unikitty, Metalbeard, Bad Cop, President Business are pretty much filler and do nothing. Bad Cop has a cameo on the beggining and President Business at the end 

- Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi is a brick built Duplo character, not a minidoll

- Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi and Batman are getting married

- Finn, her sister and their mom appear in live action scenes

-Finn and her sister keep figthing instead of playing together, so the mom confiscates all the LEGO, which is pretty much the climax of the movie because this is featured in an apocalypse-like scene

- Wizard of Oz characters appear in minifigure form! Just like the Witch did in Batman Movie

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Those plot points are 95% real just saying...LEGO doesn’t want these up so spoilers for those who read them 

If so, I kinda find that to be somewhat of a bummer, as I didn't wish to see...

Spoiler

...Rex Dangervest as a villain. :look:

By the way, are you giving confirmation of this plot leak based upon tie-in sets you may have seen yourself or heard described from others?

There are a lot of people involved (TLG, Warner, etc) in this movie that I'm not surprised a huge leak like this happened. But I'm surprised it happened with the 4th movie. 

On 9/28/2018 at 11:42 PM, Robert8 said:

It seems the whole movie plot leaked

I don't know if this is true. Sounds legit

Hide contents

- Benny, Unikitty, Metalbeard, Bad Cop, President Business are pretty much filler and do nothing. Bad Cop has a cameo on the beggining and President Business at the end 

Spoiler

So we get a film set in space and Benny is filler? R.I.P!

Edited by Renny The Spaceman

Spoiler

So, Rex minifigure was revealed and it pretty confirms the leaked spoilers

-He doesn´t have pupils

-He has a recolored version of Emmet's torso

So, today it was confirmed that Lloyd will return in TLM2, but he looks like the movie version 

Which is pretty interesting considering Finn and hia father had a different version of him in TLM.

And both Lloyds going to appear and meet each other? 

Does this mean Finn got the Ninjago movie sets? 

Also, I havent seen Dave Franco listed as part of the cast anywhere. Is he going to reprise his role? Or will it be just a cameo?

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I doubt it, they'll probably just ignore his cameo in TLM

Maybe in the LEGO Movie reality the redesigns only happened because the creators thought they looked better instead of for brand synergy

Also, I havent seen Dave Franco listed as part of the cast anywhere. Is he going to reprise his role? Or will it be just a cameo?

They could of just not announced him yet, I very much doubt the actors we know are in the movie right now are the only ones that'll be in it.

If really based on reality we would have to question how Finn's family be the very first to obtain the TLM sets XD. Maybe the father is a super VIP? :grin:

Very likely they replace the Ninjago characters with the TLNM version and would not mention the TV series canon. As for Batman and TLBM, let's see how they deal with it.

Dude...   About danm time

I know this is WB's fault but they cant just release a trailer and they forget about the movie for 5 months. 

Next year there will be 3 movies about toys: LEGO movie 2, Toy Story 4 and Pokemon. I would hate if TLM2 ends up gettiing the short end of the stick

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Dude...   About danm time

I know this is WB's fault but they cant just release a trailer and they forget about the movie for 5 months. 

Next year there will be 3 movies about toys: LEGO movie 2, Toy Story 4 and Pokemon. I would hate if TLM2 ends up gettiing the short end of the stick

There's also UglyDolls, The Playmobil Movie, and Childs Play. It's going to be an interesting year!

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

They did the same for TLNM and that film is the lowest performing LEGO Movie, you'd think they'd have learnt from their mistakes.

On 11/3/2018 at 12:41 AM, Robert8 said:

So, today it was confirmed that Lloyd will return in TLM2, but he looks like the movie version 

Which is pretty interesting considering Finn and hia father had a different version of him in TLM.

Or a supposed leaker is trolling.

On 11/14/2018 at 3:46 PM, legonerd54321 said:

The next trailer will be out in the next 10 days to coincide with Wreck it Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet. It will be at least 2 minutes long.

How do you know?

On 11/15/2018 at 12:28 AM, legonerd54321 said:

There's also UglyDolls, The Playmobil Movie, and Childs Play. It's going to be an interesting year!

Playmobil Movie? For serious? *huh* -> :wall: