Robert8

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

And with the release date of the movie fast approaching, we're starting to get officially released clips of the movie to promote it as well!

Here's a clip of part of one of the songs, which needless to say you shouldn't click if you want to go in totally unspoiled. But if you don't mind, it's easily one of my favorite songs in the movie—it's not only incredibly catchy, it plays with the classic cartoon musical trope of a "villain song" in a wonderfully unique way.

On 1/30/2019 at 11:52 PM, Lyichir said:

And with the release date of the movie fast approaching, we're starting to get officially released clips of the movie to promote it as well!

Hide contents

Here's a clip of part of one of the songs, which needless to say you shouldn't click if you want to go in totally unspoiled. But if you don't mind, it's easily one of my favorite songs in the movie—it's not only incredibly catchy, it plays with the classic cartoon musical trope of a "villain song" in a wonderfully unique way.

And is the rest of the song as good as this released bit? I already love it!! :snicker:

Just now, Fifulin said:

And is the rest of the song as good as this released bit? I already love it!! :snicker:

YMMV, but it’s one of my favorite parts of the movie. I can’t wait to get the soundtrack so I can enjoy the whole thing again and again. :classic:

There are other good songs, too - the whole movie has a few more songs than the first one - but this one’s my favorite, at least for the moment (with the caveat that I’ve seen the movie just once, of course, and most of my experience of the songs comes from that single viewing).

1 hour ago, Fifulin said:

Short answer? Yes. This is one of the first songs in the movie (besides the "Everything is Awesome" tween dream remix), and was enough to swing my opinion from "kind of weird that they decided to make this movie a musical" to "it's a shame the other Lego Movies HAVEN'T been musicals". The clever lyrics, catchy music, and amazing visuals all working hand in hand really sold me on the whole concept.

First box office numbers will be out in a couple of days

The future of the LCU depends on this :oh:

I guess people will soon start to see the movie in droves and likewise, I am taking my boy this Saturday to see it.

What I think is important to remember is that this weekends performance will in large part dictate it's financial success which will greatly impact the likelihood of seeing any further cinematic movies in the Lego universe.

It used to be that opening weekends were make-or-break, but these days foreign markets (i.e. outside of America, like increasingly in China) make a large portion of a films takings, which does off-set the weekend slightly but it's still really important.

I also don't think that  the Lego Movie can rely very much on earnings in China due to the brand not being as strong there as in other parts of the world such as America and Europe.

Keep an eye on how it's doing at Box Office Mojo and hope for the best. More movies means more sets and sales.

On 7/9/2016 at 4:54 AM, Actor Builder said:

Duplo and LEGO are already both used in some of the "Serious Play" sets, so that wouldn't be anything new.

I do agree however, that Duplo will likely not be the villains. I wouldn't assume The Underminer is the villain of Incredibles 2, and it's basically the same type of shtick.

The quote of the year.:laugh:

At what point in the movie does this song happen? Also, are the lyrics "Your greatest theaters are cordially invited" or "Your greatest leaders"? Because i'm sure i hear leaders, but on Genius it says theaters :wacko:

Edited by Fifulin

7 minutes ago, Fifulin said:

At what point in the movie does this song happen? Also, are the lyrics "Your greatest theaters are cordially invited" or "Your greatest leaders"? Because i'm sure i hear leaders, but on Genius it says theaters :wacko:

It happens during Sweet Mayhem's "first contact" with the Apocalypseburg citizens in Batman's bunker. So very early in the movie. And yeah, it's "leaders".

Edited by Lyichir

31 minutes ago, Lyichir said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It happens during Sweet Mayhem's "first contact" with the Apocalypseburg citizens in Batman's bunker. So very early in the movie. And yeah, it's "leaders".

Thank you so much. You're the nicest person i've met here so far! You always reply :classic:

For those in Australia who dont want to wait until the March release date, cinemas around the country are running preview screenings of The LEGO Movie 2 this weekend. I am going to Cineplex in Brisbane to see it, check if your local/preferred cinemas are doing it (the big boys like Hoyts and Event and Village are all doing it)

On 2/7/2019 at 11:16 PM, leafan said:

I guess people will soon start to see the movie in droves and likewise, I am taking my boy this Saturday to see it.

What I think is important to remember is that this weekends performance will in large part dictate it's financial success which will greatly impact the likelihood of seeing any further cinematic movies in the Lego universe.

It used to be that opening weekends were make-or-break, but these days foreign markets (i.e. outside of America, like increasingly in China) make a large portion of a films takings, which does off-set the weekend slightly but it's still really important.

I also don't think that  the Lego Movie can rely very much on earnings in China due to the brand not being as strong there as in other parts of the world such as America and Europe.

Keep an eye on how it's doing at Box Office Mojo and hope for the best. More movies means more sets and sales.

Further to the above, see the updates from Box Office Mojo:

"FRIDAY AM UPDATE: Leading the charge on Thursday night was WB's The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part with $2.1 million from previews beginning at 4PM. That figure also includes $600k from a preview event back in late January. Comparatively, The LEGO Movie only brought in $400k in previews ahead of its $69 million opening, while The LEGO Batman Movie brought in $2.2 million in previews ahead of a $53 million debut back in February 2017. "

Then:

" SATURDAY AM UPDATE: It's looking like a much weaker weekend than expected, thanks mostly to a severe underperformance from WB's The LEGO Movie 2, which brought in an estimated $8.5 million on Friday, which included $2.1 million in preview grosses, as the film is now looking at a three-day around $30+ million. This would put the film's debut more than -50% off the first film's debut. "

Saw the movie btw - loved it. Not as good as the first one but still really good.

40 minutes ago, leafan said:

Further to the above, see the updates from Box Office Mojo:

"FRIDAY AM UPDATE: Leading the charge on Thursday night was WB's The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part with $2.1 million from previews beginning at 4PM. That figure also includes $600k from a preview event back in late January. Comparatively, The LEGO Movie only brought in $400k in previews ahead of its $69 million opening, while The LEGO Batman Movie brought in $2.2 million in previews ahead of a $53 million debut back in February 2017. "

Then:

" SATURDAY AM UPDATE: It's looking like a much weaker weekend than expected, thanks mostly to a severe underperformance from WB's The LEGO Movie 2, which brought in an estimated $8.5 million on Friday, which included $2.1 million in preview grosses, as the film is now looking at a three-day around $30+ million. This would put the film's debut more than -50% off the first film's debut. "

Saw the movie btw - loved it. Not as good as the first one but still really good.

That's a real shame, such a quality franchise is being overlooked 

I think the weather was a big play in it, considering it was only screening in the US currently. Where I was I had to second guess myself before going because of how nasty the weather was Thursday and Friday.

I hope it ends up performing better than has been predicted so far, it absolutely deserves it! I've seen it today and loved it just as much as the first one :thumbup: 

I'd be really disappointed if this ended up being somewhat of a commercial flop when considering there's animated garbage around (coincidentally also with yellow main characters and involving bananas :tongue:) that grosses over a billion dollars despite not having even the tiniest fraction of the imagination and effort that went into this :hmpf_bad:

5 minutes ago, legonerd54321 said:

I think the weather was a big play in it, considering it was only screening in the US currently. Where I was I had to second guess myself before going because of how nasty the weather was Thursday and Friday.

Hey? It was released in Britain on Friday. That said, these first figures concern only the US takings. 

I wonder how it's doing in Denmark?