Robert8

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

39 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Any noteworthy standout vehicles, characters, or locations that look to have great potential as future sets? :classic:

Non-spoilers-----I just got back from seeing it----honestly not really, I think all the neatest stuff is already out in the first wave.  Some "variant" minifigs that everyone will want for sure, but can't think of many sets/vehicles, besides the "already seen in the intl trailer" Benny-ship, and one other semi-similar ship.  

Locations---quite a few are neat, but not sure how well they'd "scale down".  The "main location of the movie finale" certainly would scale down well, but I don't think it'd be a very fun/interesting set.  

Movie was fantastic! There are quite a few characters people would love to have, especially some great cameos. Overall, it was as good if not better than the original for me.

I'm not sure if he saw the same movie, because I  saw a lot of future sets.

Very mixed reactions so far

But this is excellent:

Edited by Robert8

20 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Honestly, these and a few other reviews I've read don't sound that dire, as they just seem to lament that it doesn't seem to surpass the original. If anything, their praise (in varying degrees) of its sibling dynamic make me quite excited for it. Sounds very interesting truth be told! :classic:

Just now, GentlemanJoker said:

There are quite a few characters people would love to have, especially some great cameos.

Including...

Spoiler

Bruce Willis as John McLane from what I've read! :moar:

...dang that sounds awesome! :snicker:

Just now, Dr.Cogg said:

I'm not sure if he saw the same movie, because I  saw a lot of future sets.

Do tell... :smug:

I'll just name a few that every ones already seen:

Rex fighters ( mini versions are in the Rexcelsior).

The Queens Castle (which can be seen on the back of the studio set)which would probably be a D2C.

Lots of wasteland vehicles

Lots of spaceships

There's other things that I can't say because it would be spoilers.

Your spoiler is correct and he's hilarious.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Can someone who has seen the movie tell if 

Spoiler

The Doctor from Doctor who appears?, even if just for a brief cameo?

Without revealing any major plot points.

The ideas TARDIS set is in it and yes the movie was really good.

There is also a lot of movie characters and movie machines that I would like as sets, but its doubtful we would get them.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

11 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Lots of spaceships

Since they've already been discussed out in open before, how prominent were these guys? :shrug_oh_well:

screencap.jpg.3b08f89a20e7d670da7059ffa861a356.jpg

I can't say because of spoilers, but there are a lot of different types of space ships.

Well, the sequel's Tomatometer is finally up, clocking in at 90% so far. :classic: 

Just now, Dr.Cogg said:

I can't say because of spoilers, but there are a lot of different types of space ships.

Hmmm, alright. Sounds like many of them may be making up the bulk of its summer wave of sets nonetheless. :purrr:

19 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Since they've already been discussed out in open before, how prominent were these guys? :shrug_oh_well:

screencap.jpg.3b08f89a20e7d670da7059ffa861a356.jpg

[/spoiler]

Sorry to say but that is the extent of their role... Lenny, Jenny, and Kenny aren't named nor speak. 

The movie was great, it may just be the mind set I'm in right now in my life but I think the storyline here, knowing that it reflects the real lives of the kids, really is better this time around

Edited by legosamsonite

Just now, legosamsonite said:

[/spoiler]

Ah, that's alright. If anything, it makes me appreciate the set they did give us with them in even more. :blush:

Good movie!!

Not as good as the first but i didn't expect it to be so I'm happy.

I really like the direction they took Emmet in after his stereotypical heroes journey in the first. 

They could certainly make more sets. There's lots to dig from.

Only the collectible minifigure choices seem even more strange now...

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Any noteworthy standout vehicles, characters, or locations that look to have great potential as future sets? :classic:

Real spoilers this time:

There’s a scene with personalized spaceships for most of the main cast that I wouldn’t be surprised to see. That and the space temple where the wedding happens. That’s what comes to mind off the top of my head.

2 hours ago, Bornin1980something said:

Without spoilers, did you like it?

I’ll be honest, I’m not sure why I just put “it’s good” in spoiler tags the first time, when it all but guaranteed that people wouldn’t read it if they hadn’t seen it themselves. :laugh:

For folks who got to see the movie today and want to see a second opinion, or want to read a detailed review before seeing the film in a couple weeks, feel free to read my review of the movie.

LINK: https://brickarchitect.com/2019/review-lego-movie-2-the-second-part/ (The review has very few spoilers!)

Without giving anything away, I am happy to report that it's a fun movie that fans of the original film will definitely enjoy.  I didn't think it was *quite* as good as the original, but it's always hard for sequels to be better than the original film.

Sincerely,
---tom

P.S. In the review, I also talk about which sets most closely match how they appear in the film, in case you are curious!

Edited by henrysunset

Metacritic is right now on 62% :sceptic:

From all the YouTube channels  i watch who talk about movies and such, only John Campea is left to review the movie but it seems he also loved it. :sweet:

Also, Matthew Ashton himself replied to Beyond the Trailer's review of the movie :laugh:. I loved Grace and Beyond the Trailer so that was fun to see

38 minutes ago, LB2341 said:

Question for anyone who's seen the movie. Is there any Scooby Doo cameos in it?

Velma appears in apocalypseberg

Edited by legosamsonite

New cameos from the movie that I remember:

Velma
NBA player Gary Payton
WNBA player Sheryl Swoopes
Bruce Willis (major recurring cameo)

IMDB helped me remember some of these. There were others in non-speaking roles that I forget.
EDIT: Here's a few more I just remembered:

Doc Brown

The 12th Doctor
Bill & Ted
Puppycorn

Edited by Lyichir